AuctionData tool: the new mytwopecs?????

Dr.D.C.

Elite
Society
Glory Hound Irregulars
EntropiaBay Official Tread
The-inventory-calculator
AuctionData tool: the new mytwopecs?????
Trade dynamic Signature
Mob Attack Calculator Tool- Study-Collaboration

XXXX 3 oct 2012: Armor set price

6 aug 2012: statistical MV upgrade

31 Aug 2011- Whole AuctionData update: a lot of news.

17July2011-Auction from all Universe

30 Aug 2010- Categories Overview rewind

22Aug2010-Upadate: new auctiontool powered by AuctionData in Entropedia

21July2010-Lat 50 sold/unsold update

07/063/2010-Restyle and chip fix

06/27/2010 update: Tool updated with Vehicle and related component, Bp etcetc

06/10/2010 update:new mindforce items

06/04/2010 update: Gloabl analysis by time

05/25/2010 Update: Sorting option

Hello I would like make official the beta test of a new tool: AuctionData. Inspired by the glorious mytwopecs, the AuctionData offer old and new tools to analyze the in game auction. Moreover it will help crafters and buyers to understand what is a good market value (MV) and how it evolves in game. But let it start.

The first page of this new tool show you many options, the first two, search by name or browse will address you to your wished item information. Let try with breer p5(L)
1) Do you search for a private or shop offer??
2) MV based on 50 successful auctions and relative subcategories
3) Fast view of many important values based on time
4) Graphic view based on time

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Already here you can found some new: how much is successful this item??? For example the p5 are successful for 5-20%
Let try with iron ingot:

Here you can see some new and very important: how much is amount of this resource that people like to buy???? (Successful amount) .

Another way to see the market value (based to 50 successful auction) is to use the browse. Let search for laser pistoler and press analyze:

You will get an overview of all the laser pistoler:

In the first page you will found the price of sweat, fruit and dung and then 3 totally new tools:

Compare up to 10 Items
Hotest Items
Most Successful Items

The first one will allow you to confront the market value of many items up to 10 (just select and add). You can use it in many way, for example if u need to buy a weapon with a damage between 50 and 60, you can confront all them and maybe choice the one with the lower market value. Another example, like crafter you need to set up a price according the market value of the resources, with this tool is very easy to do it. But also this tool is very useful to understand the relation between items. Let consider the breer P1a (L) and the necessary resource to craft it:

How the analysis for 6 months show, there is a direct relation between the p1a(L) and the cumbriz price, and in effect the price of p1a(L) is independent of the market value of the other resources (and it s logical, cause the cumbriz has the higher MV).
With the item compare tool, you can finally study the relation between the MV of the in game items.

The next tool, Hottest Items, will allow you to compare the items with the biggest market value. Moreover you can sort the data based to MV, trend, number of offer etcetc (on the top)

The next tool Most Successful Items will allow you to study what are the most wanted items in the universe (the successful ones) weekly, monthly etcetc based.

If you sell, you want to sell some necessary for the community right???? Now you can finally see what people need. Also with this tool you can sort the data by MV, trend, number of offer etcetc

Then we have the categories overview.
Let try with the metal ingot:

You can sort and look to many data, MV, trend etcetc, but for the resource probably the nicer one is the amount: people like to buy 1000 lysterium, 100 lanorium, 55 gazzurdite, 200 copper etcetc (monthly based) so why put more in auction and risk to pay fees for nothing?????

Ofc those are just some of the possible uses for this tool, the only limitation is your imagination.

At the end you can see the Global Economy Analysis, probably the best way to see how the Universe is going on. Buy and sell at the contrary of number of globals is a more independent variable. MA can increase or decrease the globals rate (maybe) but it cannot force anyone to buy or sell. This is some related to the game healthy, number of players, depositors etcetc. In our opinion is one of the best ways to analyze the game.

Ofc this is still a beta test, mistakes and bugs for sure will be present, your inputs about will be more than welcome. Moreover we are building this tool for EU players, you and us, we really want make it useful, so don t be shy, we are here to realize your wishes.

The EntropiaBay Team.

Ps. The tool is running since many months but just since 2 months 24/7, so probably the older data are incomplete. Sorry for this. RSS and XML are available already.

Last edited:
That looks nice Den great work to you and your team :yay:

Great job; and you're absolutely right: data can be manipulate in a zillion ways.

I'm extremely interested to know where your actual data is coming from; I refer here to the in-game auction rates and MU; I'm asking for two reasons:

1. I was thinking about something like this for a while, and I've reached the conclusion that without in-game regularly updated data... any reports and/or data manipulation won't be accurate.

2. I found no other decent way of doing this other than manually update the tables with info from the game.

So... in short... is this data coming from the actual in-game auction?

Great job; and you're absolutely right: data can be manipulate in a zillion ways.

I'm extremely interested to know where your actual data is coming from; I refer here to the in-game auction rates and MU; I'm asking for two reasons:

1. I was thinking about something like this for a while, and I've reached the conclusion that without in-game regularly updated data... any reports and/or data manipulation won't be accurate.

2. I found no other decent way of doing this other than manually update the tables with info from the game.

So... in short... is this data coming from the actual in-game auction?

eheh would be not human fill by hands the in game auction data, but yes the data cames from the in game auction. What we cannot record are the auction won with the buy now option. For this reason there is a gap between the in game MV and the Auction Data values.

Looking for your suggestions, inputs and criticism.

I am getting sometimes error (when selecting items in list boxes, once when using search, refresh helps):

Server Error in '/digitalenvisionsandbox' Application.
Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.]
System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.ValidateEvent(String uniqueId, String argument) +360
System.Web.UI.Control.ValidateEvent(String uniqueID, String eventArgument) +108
System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +32
System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) +414
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3386

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

I would have a suggestion to organise items in such categories like on auction, would be easier to search ;)

Not being able to trace buyouts is a bit of a killer though. I buy a lot of my stuff at buyout.

hmm looks interestning... but any chance you could get your first post translated in better english ? No offense at all but a bit hard to read sometimes.

I am getting sometimes error (when selecting items in list boxes, once when using search, refresh helps):

I would have a suggestion to organise items in such categories like on auction, would be easier to search ;)

i will check this.

about the your last sentence, i guess browse is exctally what you are looking for (just below the search)

Not being able to trace buyouts is a bit of a killer though. I buy a lot of my stuff at buyout.

Indeed, and i`m selling 99% of my stuff at BOs. Which are usually quite a bit more, than a normal bidding ends...

Crafted weapons/healing tools etc are usually sold for BOs. Still looks interesting, good work.

hello Maxic how are u? ;)
well AUCTIONDATA like mytwopecs and peauction track the expired auctions, just it use some advanced toosl to analyze them. About the data oring we just use what MA give us, we cannot collect more. I think is already a miracle that MA feed us with those data. MA could do more and better but, you know.....

hmm looks interestning... but any chance you could get your first post translated in better english ? No offense at all but a bit hard to read sometimes.

maybe you can help about :) we have still some open position in the EntropiaBay Team ;)

Hi,

Sorry if I'm a little off topic.

But you, OP and supporters, might be interested in this thread:

Wouldn't it be great for us all to have a place to easily find all of these great tools, and wouldn't it be great for you, developer of it, to have a place where you'd know to reach the public, because they'd search there? Instead of having to keep track of a lot of sub-forums, often losing link after the tools thread vanished on a forgotten page?

If you'd support this feel free to say so there. Maybe, if there's enough of us, we might move something.

Have fun!

maybe you can help about :) we have still some open position in the EntropiaBay Team ;)

well I am from germany myself... so maybe I am not perfect for that job. :D

Hi,

Sorry if I'm a little off topic.

But you, OP and supporters, might be interested in this thread:

Wouldn't it be great for us all to have a place to easily find all of these great tools, and wouldn't it be great for you, developer of it, to have a place where you'd know to reach the public, because they'd search there? Instead of having to keep track of a lot of sub-forums, often losing link after the tools thread vanished on a forgotten page?

If you'd support this feel free to say so there. Maybe, if there's enough of us, we might move something.

Have fun!

actually could be an idea

Indeed, and i`m selling 99% of my stuff at BOs. Which are usually quite a bit more, than a normal bidding ends...

Crafted weapons/healing tools etc are usually sold for BOs. Still looks interesting, good work.
Same here; I also buy 99% of my stuff at BO.
I'm still trying to think how if this can be managed somehow.

impossible :) even if you would scan auction i.e. two times daily and compare it to find out which auctions disappeared and weren't bought by time expired, you have no way to check if auction was bought by BO or if it was removed from auction (nice way to manipulate ;))

I don't know if above is clear so example:

1st scan (let's say morning scan)

- Auction 1
- Auction 2
- Auction 3
- Auction 4

2nd scan (let's say evening scan)

- Auction 4
- Auction 5
- Auction 6

so if we know that i.e. Auction 1 and 2 was bought cause it's time expired, then we know also that Auction 3 was either bought by BO or it was removed by creator, but nothing more ;)

we also know that auto-scanning (navigating and making screens to OCR later) whole auction is against EULA :)

it cannot be done. i have not a lot to complain about the info we get from auction (expiring auction). Actually if you think about the whole chat trakers, to collect the globals/hof you need a software that sort the data (that eventually is illegal). In this case at least MA feed us with some original data. They can do better, give us the BO auction, tiers etcetc but already what we have is not bad. Moreover i m not very sure i would like in any case consider the BO. The ingame MV are strongly affect by market manipulation and moreover why i must pay x just because some players over pay for an item??? i think that in any case a statistic built excluding the BO can help to figth against the market inflation. But this is just philosophy. We have not the BO data, so amen.

Last edited:
impossible :) even if you would scan auction i.e. two times daily and compare it to find out which auctions disappeared and weren't bought by time expired, you have no way to check if auction was bought by BO or if it was removed from auction (nice way to manipulate ;))

I don't know if above is clear so example:

1st scan (let's say morning scan)

- Auction 1
- Auction 2
- Auction 3
- Auction 4

2nd scan (let's say evening scan)

- Auction 4
- Auction 5
- Auction 6

so if we know that i.e. Auction 1 and 2 was bought cause it's time expired, then we know also that Auction 3 was either bought by BO or it was removed by creator, but nothing more ;)

we also know that auto-scanning (navigating and making screens to OCR later) whole auction is against EULA :)

and other items are sold instantanially by BO or order option they will be not show in the auction at all. So a scanner will not help in any case, like you already said.

Thank you Hetman for your bug report i will look into it straight away

Thank you Hetman for your bug report i will look into it straight away

Well this make official the presentation of one valid member of the EntropiaBay Team: Ido. He is doing a great job and i m very happy to have him aboard :)

I was thinking of inluding a similar thing in EUass, Just haven't gotten around to it yet :ahh:

I was thinking of inluding a similar thing in EUass, Just haven't gotten around to it yet :ahh:

well The AUction Data includes XML and RSS you can use them to feed your tool.

It would be nice to have a place to list all the add-on tools and sites that are out there so people can easily find them. This one looks cool will be giving it a try

It would be nice to have a place to list all the add-on tools and sites that are out there so people can easily find them. This one looks cool will be giving it a try

cool, let me know what do you think about

Back