64-bit version?

Stutoman

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Dan Richard Baker
I remember soon after the VU10 release there was an option to download a 64-bit version of the client. What happened to this and why isn't there a link to download this version on the website today?

uuaahhhhhh the 64 bit version !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

I remember soon after the VU10 release there was an option to download a 64-bit version of the client. What happened to this and why isn't there a link to download this version on the website today?

You are most likely hallucinating. a 64bit version has never existed.

I know it's a noob question, but does Entropia still run on 64 bit systems despite no 64 bit version existing?

yes

yes, tak, da

I know it's a noob question, but does Entropia still run on 64 bit systems despite no 64 bit version existing?

it runs fine here. :)

Yes it does...at least works fine for me :) or am i hallucinating again`?:confused:

Application designers will almost always offer backwards compatibility. In case of windows, 64 bits OS runs well 32bits apps. It also still offer 16 bits compatibility, the same as 32 bit os version does.

Ma wont do it as it means more bugs for us all sad but true. ;)

It could also be you're thinking of the 64 bit visual C++ runtime, which is not required at all. Also, the client now allocates all the memory it can and need, which means the 4gb limit is gone, which is why you'd want a 64 bit client.

These days, 64 bit for PC means a 32-bit processor that has some instructions that allow it to work with 64 bit at once for some numbers, they are not truly 64 bit

A 64-bit client would be a very good move, however I doubt it's even on the table at this point.

Well, it definitely doesn't run on a C64 ;)

Back