Info: Atlas Island Day - 21st April

Dalas

Prowler
Society
Death Unlimited
Luke Dalas Cambridge
This thread is in two sections: The short story (the next paragraph) for those who can't be bothered to read my typically lengthy post, and the long story for those who can. Take your pick and thanks for reading!

The short story, for those in a hurry:

I would like to make today, April 21st, the Calypsian day of Atlas Island including the now-gone-but-never-forgotten Atlas Island North. If you were there to remember this great place in its glory days, spare it a thought today (or when you read this). Thank you!

*End of short story, please leave now if you are lazy*

Are they gone? Right, down to business then. Now for you more patient people, I will elaborate...

Today is the day I turn 21 years old in real life. The month of April 2010 means that I've been a participant in Entropia for 7.5 years (3/4 of a decade).

These two significant dates arriving at the same time invokes some thoughts and reminiscences over what has happened during all these years. What have I done? Where have I been? Who have I met? How could I have done things differently?

I came to think about the place that, due to being the founder of the community there, became almost synonymous with my name. So let's concentrate on Where have I been?

ATLAS ISLAND NORTH

... was a very special place to me. Here's why:

The beginnings: 2006.

I'll begin with a quote from my Forum research:

"Early Sept. 2006 (Can't quite find the exact day this started. Lil help?)
Calypsians log in to find that mob spawn at Phoenix has dropped to near zero. Those mobs they do find won't give any sweat. And a strange fog has enveloped the entire location.

A few days later, a turret was placed right next to the TP, making sweating/hunting there impossible
." - (John Teacher Capital, 2008)

It all began when the turret at the old Camp Phoenix was sprung on us (the sweating community) in mid/late 2006 (from a Forum search I discovered the above quoted information). People were very unhappy about it but were forced to move to other places. We could only guess Mindark had done this to stop sweating becoming too easy for us. For those who weren't around in the Phoenix days, we used to sweat Armax, Atrox, Gokibusagi and Diripi to name a few. Suddenly one day there was a turret placed directly in the middle of the sweating area which was right next to the TP (you could literally stand in the TP and sweat).

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

So it was time for me to find a new spot to sweat at. I tried a few, such as Fort Troy, but none were as charming as Atlas Island North, so I settled there.

Boldar, collaboration...

It may be that you remember a famous and unfortunately deceased member of our EU community named Boldar Boldar Blood. If not, see this thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/greetings-messages/163352-sad-farewell.html

Boldar was a friend of mine. He was to Atlas Haven what I was to Atlas Island North. We, in our own little ways, oversaw our respective TPs, chatted, kept order and created our own communities. We saw it as a collaboration between us to make Atlas Island a nice place to visit in general. Many people visited Atlas Island for the sole purpose of meeting one of us.

This collaborative effort would last a few years and in some way I am glad that Boldar never got to see VU-10, the Cryengine update due to the geographical and therefore populational effects on Atlas Haven. I'm glad that he died with the pre-Cryengine view of a bustling Atlas Haven that wouldn't be the same without his presence.

I'd like to thank Boldar for everything. :tiphat:

Community: 2006 - 2007.

As I was hanging out at Atlas Island North regularly now, I wanted to build a community comparable to that which Camp Phoenix had. I knew it would be a tough job, but I wanted to make it work. I knew the sweating here was just as good; I just had to convince others, a task I found increasingly difficult over time as places like Swamp Camp and Nea's Place came to the fore.

As it happened, I had a society which was almost a year old at the time. My society mates had no problems joining me at AIN to sweat. That was a good start! A few friends of the society joined too. This was the start of a part of EU history I'm proud to have set into motion.

2007 was a golden time for Atlas Island North. We had our regulars, people who liked to pop by between their busy schedules and the community was positively glowing. I was teaching the art of enjoying sweating.

This was also the year I met my girlfriend, Freja, while chilling out at AIN one day in August 2007. I had just got back from a holiday during which she had begun sweating at AIN. I arrived back and she already had an impression of who I was due to the community talking about me. She thought I sounded pretty arrogant, she later admitted, like one of those "too good for you" people. Obviously she was wrong.

Maturity: 2008 - 2009.

I was already known by this time as the "King of AIN" by the community. People joked about Atlas Island North being changed to Dalas Island North. All my friends knew they could find me sitting down in my spot just in front of the ShopContainer at AIN. People passing by even stopped to ask why I was always in this exact spot. It came to be known as my "Throne" and I was even given a Pall Stool to use as a Throne by some of the AIN community. Thanks guys!

*Screenie of my Throne coming soon*

As time passed and PM windows started to take over my life (as they inevitably do if you're naturally disposed to chat as much as I am and you've been around for so long), I became known for sitting down on my Throne more often than actually getting up and sweating (*cough cough* Alice). It may have seemed like I was being lazy but often I was just helping people with advice and such, or chatting in All or Soc chat.

This was the time I consider AIN to have been at its most mature, due to it not requiring me to be there to maintain it. The community no longer needed someone to encourage them to come along to AIN, they were in for the long haul (which unfortunately wasn't so long).

Finale: August 2009.

The Cryengine came along, there was a lot of change, and most importantly, AIN was gone. The home I had nurtured and loved for 3 years had disappeared from the face of Eudoria. I had spent almost half my entire EU life at AIN, and suddenly it was gone.

No one knew just how massive the conversion to the Cryengine would be, so no one could predict how the landscape would look. I hoped AIN would be left intact, but alas, it wasn't. I moved on gracefully and without hesitation. AIN was a place to remember, a place I am glad to have been associated with. I am not alone in saying that I loved AIN.

Calypsian Atlas Island Day: 2010 onwards.

On this day, my birthday, I would like you to spare a thought for my old home Atlas Island North and Boldar's home Atlas Haven. Perhaps you were part of a TP run that went through there. Maybe you even saw one of us sitting around in our respective spots sometimes. Maybe Atlas Island was special to you for another reason (if so, let us know).

EU has moved on, the AIN community have all moved on, but we all share a common bond: We all sweated at Atlas Island North.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you've gained an insight into a part of EU's history.

Last edited:
As a relative new comer, this brief history of AIN was very interesting indeed. I had no idea that people had put so much effort into creating not only a feeling of community in EU but, well... so much more than that :)

I don't notice it so much in game now, but maybe i'm not looking hard enough.

Have you ever thought about relocating your "kindom" I see so many empty cities and TP's I'm sure a few of them would be suitable. I for one would be behind you 100% and I'm sure there would be many others.

I love the idea of Atlas Island Day. It truely is the people that make EU great :yay:

Atlas Haven was were I did most of my hunting to graduation and it quickly became my home from then on.

A few times a day I would be going through there to restock and reset.

I got along well with Boldar,we always had a quick chat but he did rile a few people up,especially those that dared to sell in local chat at their own peril :laugh:

If the service centre was still by the TP I would still be calling it home but since it got swapped around I think I've been there 3 times just for old times sake.

Interesting that this is the place Marco chose to be when the lights went out....

The final moments of 'Home'......

it was an nice and easy tp run from atlas haven to north and vice versa. with daikibas, snables, and exarosaurs. Another beauty of the place is that it is a good place to train having small mobs around north of atlas haven and a little better maturity of mobs in the east. :D

... Have you ever thought about relocating your "kindom" I see so many empty cities and TP's I'm sure a few of them would be suitable. I for one would be behind you 100% and I'm sure there would be many others.

I love the idea of Atlas Island Day. It truely is the people that make EU great :yay:

Firstly thanks for the reply :)

I have actually thought about relocating my "kingdom" to Fort Ithaca as you can see in my thread here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/sweating/180965-new-place-sweat.html

The only thing is, other duties such as this: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...bridge-new-blood-adopt-newbie-foundation.html have become important to me, so I have adopted Swamp Camp as a hangout spot while on duty helping newbies.

There were a lot of good things about AIN which no place has all of these days, so we are left to find a place which fits as many of the criteria as possible. After some searching, Ithaca seems like a nice replacement.

I'm sure I'll get the time and motivation to build up a community there, but at the moment my new *Adopt a Newbie* duties come first :wtg:

Fort Ithaca it is then :) Hope to see you there sometime =D

I have readed the short version ^^

But i loved Atlas North... Its a place where i spent like more then a year almost while i was non-depositer.. And damn.. I was profiting from these snables :)

I had my trip set, i started at TP, and went to NW of island, where at the absolute North were two or three snarksnots everytime (damn hard beasts :D)
I started with killing them as i believed that these three have some kind of special loot (they had!) They i proceeded south following West coast of island and usualy turned at these two "spawn" bunkers and sometimes even made it to that "wood" area where they were spawning from trees..

In that time i really knew how its going to be with loot by just checking the population... My day was like , sweating , sweating, sweating, checking spawn on Atlas North(killing snarknoots), back to sweating, checking spawn at atlas north etc.... :D

And people in Atlas were really friendly bunch.. Its a shame i dont remember all the names of stable atlas population, but the chats were really funny and it was city where you was everytime welcomed.

Always used to sweat/hunt at least once a week at Atlas Island, have been there 5-10 times total since VU10 I think :dunno:

Happy bday btw, I have to wait until Saturday for mine ;)

awesome story. Yh i do go to ithica too sometimes if ur ever there give me a shout dont mind getting beat up by atrox :D.

It seems it took a spambot to let me read this threat, but I love your story.
I did hunt some snables at AIN and had a period I was there a lot.

Atlas Haven was always great especially when AHR arrived, great people and great parties. Atlas Haven also kinda died after VU10, which is a shame, but for old time sake, I got some video's of the place.

[YOUTUBE]aeDqzT3nnro[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]uDWSLqNP6tM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]f7v9wBtfa38[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, also, forgot that in my last post: Atlas Haven was the last place I was at before the War Titan crashed

Yeah, saw you at AIN a few times best "quick" sweating place and low lvl hunting and as others said the snables were generally pretty nice out there.
Just hate that once a guy next to me got a 500ped+ snable baby which was set to be my next victim (cant help but to think it was ment for me :D)

only been to Atlas since cry2 on my way to something else...

I added some screenies to the OP. They should add something to the thread, so enjoy them :)

Nice to see people remembering AIN specifically.

if i remember correctly, it was the home of my first acc's soc, the belgium dutch society with leeloo leeloo mountain.

Posted via Mobile Device

I added some screenies to the OP. They should add something to the thread, so enjoy them :)

Nice to see people remembering AIN specifically.

yeah, I'll remember it while hanging around Billy's...

AIN is where I first met you, remember? ;) ya were sitting and leaning against the turret, talking music to someone I think...

Missed areas

I enjoyed your post, I also spent a lot of time at Atlas North. I remember south of phoenix, running bulls, under the sweatship.
Myself missing the Chimera canyons area and the craters.

One thing that I think is sorely missing is the ability to sit on the ground. May sound silly but it makes for a natural and easy going atmosphere to chat and hang out.

It came to be known as my "Throne" and I was even given a Pall Stool to use as a Throne by some of the AIN community. Thanks guys!

for me that was a "huge" amount of peds at the time xD:D 50pec if i'm not misstaken ^^

and rip ain

Birthday bump

Bumping this incase anyone wants to do something to remember Atlas Island, they should know about this before the day is over!

Let's hope SDS will do a remake of the area and hopefully restore it to its former glory! Maybe even with a Boldar statue?

Maybe we can make some wishes for the area when it gets redone :)

oh Home Sweet Home.

Happy Birthday Boldar Land.

lost all my pics when the computer died :(

Is it here again already?

I'm 23 today :eyecrazy:

Had a nice day.

Atlas Island, etc... :)

they shuold atlest left something behind it so the newer ppl could see wht it was before :grumble:

I remeber the old camp phoenix with the crashed spaceship nearby it was a fun time..I have to say in this time year 2006 it was fun to be here it was so much to do and so much to see and also it was more players here.

You can not compare the game with today's trash even if the graphics are better.:grouphug:

Put in some more pics i just love to look at them. :)

I also remember the last days of camp phoenix when it was invaded by many feffs i was there killed a lot of them but i know it was the last i would see of the old camp phoenix.

Last edited:
I really miss the old times too. phönix and the space wing was a lot fun. Of course also a sweat farm... hehe

Had my first hof at Phoenix and also first place I started sweating but atlas n was alwaÿs home

24 today...

Atlas Island anyone?

Still wearing the pants you crafted and offered me up there...Good and friendly old times, counting the number of sweat bottles upto 22 !!
Missing AIN, for sure !

Ok while these nostalgia threads irk me, there IS alot of history behind the Atlas Haven region, and it is extremely useless at the moment.

It probably should be looked at, and that may be an opportunity to revive some of the concerns of these folks.

So, nostalgia folks, you have my support on initiatives surrounding the Atlas Haven region, mostly due to the uselessness of it in its current state!

25 today!

The years fly by, 11 1/2 in Entropia now for me.

Just want to address you here Magyar from a year ago (never actually noticed your reply):

Ok while these nostalgia threads irk me, there IS alot of history behind the Atlas Haven region, and it is extremely useless at the moment.

It probably should be looked at, and that may be an opportunity to revive some of the concerns of these folks.

So, nostalgia folks, you have my support on initiatives surrounding the Atlas Haven region, mostly due to the uselessness of it in its current state!

The reason for this thread is not that I want Atlas Island to be restored to exactly to how it was. It's just so that the people who were there in that period can spare it a thought. Also so that we don't lose a piece of Entropia history which actually had an undeniable influence on (I would go as far as to say) MOST people existing in Entropia before Cryengine came.

Nothing more than to spare a thought for where we came from :)

By the way Pif, are you still wearing the pants? I didn't remember this reply either, so that was AWESOME to read today :D

Back