On what bomb/probe do you get SOOTO?

On which bomb/probe do you get SOOTO on planet?

• 500th or less

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • 1000th

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • 2000th

Votes: 20 15.5%
  • 5000th

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • 10000th

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • More than 10000th

Votes: 40 31.0%

• Total voters

Sigzter

Provider
Society
WildD3eamons Industrial
Kaptein siggen Grini
Just want another poll regarding the chances to get something out of the ordinary on planet. This is also because I can not seem to get it even after placing 15k-20k probes/bombs on planet :D I know the the chance is low, but THIS low? Sorry for whine :)

2 ooto at around lev 2-4 surveyor, then nothing. Now 9.5ish.

No idea what # probe though. I seldom count stuff. :D

I see :) if youre level 9.5 and never been to cnd or used amps you have probably dropped like 6k i dunno :p så like every 3k for you i think ;)

call me thiCk THICK

what is sootoo

Sometimes twice in a day or two but usually roughly after 5k bombs/probes

Last edited:
Ohhhhh

Thanks

What can be found ?

\cheers bob /

s00t0... ooOOoooOOoo.. lol

I got a couple sooto when I was first starting out mining, ie, TT finder and driller, enmat probes... so, I'd say that I got 'em both within the first 250~400 probes I dropped. Haven't had aooto (anything out of the ordinary) lately tho, just NRF.. NRF... NRF.. Strange signal?? whassdat? ;)

Ossi!

And again the answer is - hard to tell :rolleyes:

Out of ordinay drops are random, but I think it's very interesting that usually I have a few days or a week when I'm getting 2-5 such findings and then nothing fo 2-3 months. Around 2 years ago I had a 100 bomb run with 2 spaceships, 1 hansidian and 1 angel scales finds - so if I say that they drop like 1 on 10k bombs it doesnt mean anything, cause maybe you wont find them for 39.9k bombs and will get 4 on last 100. Just keep bombing ;)

you can find angel scales or hansidian rock and very rare cases ul amp :)

Last edited:
Last month aprox 5k without 1, since yesterday 2 in 300 bombs... random I guess, could be finder dependant though, I switched from 211 to Z20 and the Z20 gave me the babies

Last month aprox 5k without 1, since yesterday 2 in 300 bombs... random I guess, could be finder dependant though, I switched from 211 to Z20 and the Z20 gave me the babies

so it was switching finders that got me pregnant? :/

but i would agree it seems pretty random..

Sometimes twice in a day or two but usually after 2-5k bombs/probes

I tend to agree with this. Some times you will find sooto twice in a day but many of times you can cycle through 1kped and find nothing. Almost seems these things can be found with about the same rarity as fruit or other things found on the ground. You have to also consider that angel scales make light plate(I think thats what its called) and go into crafting higher lvl armors. Its set to trickle into the economy, so cant happen too often. Same with the rock textures or everyone would have black textured items.

I voted 2000ish or less.

The vote misses an option:

Can´t say!

I dropped many bombs, but normaly I look at TT return and markup return, not at sooto´s.

Well found some sooto´s already, always angel scales ;)
But at what number of bombs/probes this happened, really can´t say.
Nor could I say how many bombs/probes needed to find a spaceship (back when you got the strange signal), sadly this doesn´t happen nowdays :(

i got it for the first time ever in VU 10 and i have been playing since 2004.
had it 6 times now tho lol

dont think it has anything to do with how many bombs/probes you drop but just luck.
just like a newcomer can get a hof on hes first ever probe/bomb its all luck

Back when i was doing about 1800 to 2400 drops a day (50/50 of each) I noticed I got OOTO about every 15k to 20k drops. Usually 1 to 3 within 15k to 20k drops.

I haven't dropped that many bombs in total (only matybe 20k), but haven't found any in last 6kpeds. I used to get beaconless spaceships pretty often : )

Last edited:
I do 250 drops/run, and I avg. Someting Out Of The Ordinary about every 20-30 runs.

But as has been said, sometimes it's 3 in 5 runs, and then nothing for 50 runs.

I haven't found them in ages, I had lots of 'em before VU10..

My guess would be in 10,000 range

A reminder, that it was widely accepted in the mining community that certain spots produced more space ships. The reason why some of us find more(or found more), is the spot. Sure things dont spawn all the time but you probably increase your chance by searching in areas where you have found it before.

This system was created as some type of test imo. For a little while it seemed that they were going to go with no digging, just like auto loot, you drop your bomb/probe when you get a claim the resource would be placed directly into your inventory. Lots of ppl would get unaccessible claims and this would had put an end to all that headache with out fixing the bugs. The community kinda said that they wanted to keep the skills, basically they would had made that whole skill set worthless for the ones that had it.

Also seems that part of the test was to deliver items that were not considered mining loot. Shortly after the angel scales were introduced the first UL amps were looted.

Sometimes few sootos in few days, sometimes not a single sooto for whole months.
My record is 3 or 4 in one week. I also remember I havent had one for more than half year.

What is the rarest thing that has been found not ores / enmatter

which mining

ive found plenty ped loss :( lol

thanks
Bob

UL oa105 not sure what it dropped from or if theres a bigger one out there.

And again the answer is - hard to tell :rolleyes:

Out of ordinay drops are random, but I think it's very interesting that usually I have a few days or a week when I'm getting 2-5 such findings and then nothing fo 2-3 months. Around 2 years ago I had a 100 bomb run with 2 spaceships, 1 hansidian and 1 angel scales finds - so if I say that they drop like 1 on 10k bombs it doesnt mean anything, cause maybe you wont find them for 39.9k bombs and will get 4 on last 100. Just keep bombing ;)

I know I just want to know the percentage chance because there should be one ;)

Back when i was doing about 1800 to 2400 drops a day (50/50 of each) I noticed I got OOTO about every 15k to 20k drops. Usually 1 to 3 within 15k to 20k drops.

I talk about SOOTO which is only hansidian, angel scales, amps and event items :) Sorry if someone is confused with strange signals.. ;)

I do 250 drops/run, and I avg. Someting Out Of The Ordinary about every 20-30 runs.

But as has been said, sometimes it's 3 in 5 runs, and then nothing for 50 runs.

Nice info! :) so in avg 1 out of 6250 bombs/probes :D

I don't mine yet so i just picked one to get the EFD you should make a choice to just get the EFD next time to get an accurate view.

I just had two angel scale finds in two days early last week. But before that...wow...I don't even remember the last time. It has to be in the 5k or 10k range.

Back