Should NEVERDIE be banned?

Is NEVERDIE too involved in Game development to continue to participate in EU with his NEVERDIE avat

• Yes; He should give up his avatar

Votes: 167 46.1%
  • No; Let him continue to participate

Votes: 146 40.3%
  • I can't decide.

Votes: 49 13.5%

• Total voters

mandu

Stalker
Society
Victory
Mandu Mojo Marconi
I'd like to preface this post by saying that I am about 300ml into a bottle of scotch :D

I was dreaming tonight about how cool it would be to own/operate a planet. All the awesome ideas I have, being able to get rich, having some inside knowledge about the mechanics of EU..... then I stopped and thought " I don't want a planet if it means I can't play anymore. Surely I wouldn't be allowed to play if I had knowledge before hand of what would drop what on my planet. I could manipulate the economy of my entire planet. Even if my Mandu avatar were not the one playing.

It wasn't long before my thoughts moved to NEVERDIE. Jon has been closely involved in the development of 2 planets (some would argue 3). Should he be allowed to participate in the mechanics of this game?

At what point are you too involved in the universe to participate. I've heard that MindArk employees are required to play, but cannot deposit or withdraw. That makes sense. But what must you do to be an employee. File Taxes? Empty Garbages? Create two planets?

Anyway... thought I would ask the community. Should people so close to the core of the game be allowed to interact with the mechanics of it?

Edit:
Thought I should add; I have nothing against ND, nor do I begrudge him making money here. I just thought a debate should be had about when a person is too close to the core of the game to play it.

Edit 2:
After having read the replies here, and in the sober light of Monday, I would like to rephrase slightly my question:

When does the potential damage to EU become so great, a person must remove themselves, or be removed.

I don't really believe that ND has or will cheat. But just imagine:
On launch day, Jon is showing a reporter around Next Island. A mob attacks the reporter, and ND courteously kills it, and hits an ATH loot with 3 UL items, one of which is unique. Imagine the outrage!!

Pretty unlikely, sure. But what if. Same as with the contest example in one of the earlier replies. It is less about the possibility of cheating, but the perception of it.

I am sure there is a way for ND to continue his business ventures in EU, and to remove this type of possibility. Give him an Official avatar like Marco's maybe.

ND is just one very high profile example of the types of situations that MA should be making very sure don't destroy the reputation of EU at a time that is likely to be the beginning of a new future for it.

Last edited:
yes.

In my opinion, yes. Sure, he does not know 100% how loot pool works, but he did do some level designs, I'm sure... so he probably knows some insider info like maybe where the spawns are, or at least knows some of the terrain enough to know where to go to get a bit of an advantage in pvp or in running away from mobs and stuff like that.

What I just wish, regardless of if he stays in the game or not, is that he'd stop hyping EU to be something it's not...

I do see that Rocktropia finally changed the website to no longer advertise free unlimited travel, but there still seems to be a lot of stuff going on that tells me Jon might have a little too much of advantage, or be in a place in various contract negotiations that might give him a little too much advantage...

What I'd like to see, just for the heck of it... a big PvP battle between all the FPC and Rocktropia main avatars. There'd have to be some special rules in place. Maybe nobody can have anything more powerful than ghost and TT weapons? Make it so that after the one on one, anyone can join in... Let's see how many sprees there end up being on Neverdie or Marco, lol. Maybe it could become a monthly event or something - and it'd also be how MA and FPC work out frustrations and fight out who wins on contractual arguments.

Anyway... thought I would ask the community. Should people so close to the core of the game be allowed to interact with the mechanics of it?

I think (hope) that even if the Mindark employees (for example Hanne / Skam) know how the system works, there is sufficient randomness that they couldnt predict with any certainty when or where some big loot would happen.

If that is indeed the case, then I dont have any problem with Neverdie doing the Camp Echidna Fouls mission (which I saw him doing yesterday :D )

yea really.

How's it going to look if a planet developer hits a huge ATH on his own planet?

I think (hope) that even if the Mindark employees (for example Hanne / Skam) know how the system works,

Hanne/Skam doesn't know how it works.

And back onto ND, him and his team use the platform, not necessarily go inside and look at every piece of code in it. For the RT exclusive items, he could easily use a MA designed part of the program and put in MA Balancing Approved items without even knowing how the system works.

Sure he can choose what mob and generally (maybe?) how often, but he wouldn't need to know how everything works.

In conclusion, ND should be able to play on Calypso/CP/CND. And If he couldn't CND would be boned up the ass.

What I just wish, regardless of if he stays in the game or not, is that he'd stop hyping EU to be something it's not...

i disagree with this he is not hyping it to be something it is not, he is helping this game along in so many more way than many people could he is just trying to help build a better world for us all.

He wasn't stopped from playing years ago when he started working for MA... so why stop him now?

i disagree with this he is not hyping it to be something it is not, he is helping this game along in so many more way than many people could he is just trying to help build a better world for us all.

There is constructive hype and destructive hype.. ND usually hypes ideas that do not come true which does not help anyone.. ie space pirates.

firstly RT has not even been officially released yet its still Beta.... so if anyone is getting at this then get of your high horse, hes done a shit load more for EU than most.

firstly RT has not even been officially released yet its still Beta.... so if anyone is getting at this then get of your high horse, hes done a shit load more for EU than most.

Thats because Eu has done a shit load more for him than for anyone else too ;) lol :eek:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:eek:

The most famous successful richest and powerful avatar in the history of the world can not be banned. :)

MA controls the loot distribution algorithm (such as it is).

Neverdie can level design all he wants as well as create items, he and anyone at FPC have nothing to do with loot drops or balancing. This has been stated many times.

I don't think planet partners actually get access to that stuff, it is all still controlled by MA I would suspect.

So no I don't think he should be banned.

I doubt he knows anything more than we do.

He was involved in level design, graphics, item names, I highly doubt if he had access to loot code, and even if he did, so what.

(and btw, I suspect deathifer makes more money than ND. But I can't really back that up)

I'd like to preface this post by saying that I am about 300ml into a bottle of scotch :D.

:yay:

I think I need to start ALL my post's and threads with a similar warning! :D

To answer your question, NO! First of all almost everyone that plays Entropia knows about NeverDie. They also know he is behind ROCKtropia, and so his name and reputation are on the line with it. Pretty sure he knows that IF he knew how to take advantage of the loot system, the community would turn on him so hard that CND and ROCKtropia would become graveyards.

I've heard that MindArk employees are required to play, but cannot deposit or withdraw. That makes sense.

What do you think stops MA employees from playing on their aunts and cousins accounts? If MA were to ban Neverdie out cos of too much heat from community, he`ll just create another one named say Neverdone on his uncle`s or child`s name. Simple as that.

I'd like to preface this post by saying that I am about 500ml into my bottle of morning milk. :D

I think he is allowed to play if he only hunt Snables :yay:

Regards.
Lana

yes he should!!

But only because the taxes on CND are way too high :silly2:

I don't really see ND HoF that much to say that he would be using the system to his advantage... Also, I don't think he needs to as his bank account is probably hoffing every second by players going to CND and RT each day and he wouldn't wanna jeopardise that....

If you wanna talk about banning, I can think of one name (and I wont mention it) who spams the chat everytime the Ava logs in like no tomorrow.... someone has some sort of 'connections' lol ... how come the dynamic cycling doesn't work for that person???

I see no issue with ND playing, he has not got access to loot algorithms, and loot drops.

He may know what is possible to drop, but not when or how

So see no issues with him playing

Rgds

Ace

I dont drink but i know thats all this letters are useless for MA because nothing is "holy" they will do whatever it takes to gain some money.

:twocents:

I see no reason to ban ND. I doubt he knows more about the loot system then those that analyze it all the time.

But getting an ATH would be bad for him, a lot of ppl will not believe that he didn't know it was coming, even if he has no way of knowing when and where it would drop.

Besides I doubt if he is playing for the money, I think he makes enough from taxes alone :D

Out of all the hoaky shit that goes on in this game I dont understand why people are fixated on the person that has the most to lose in here right now.

Its very easy for all of you to talk shit about ND but compared to the risk he is taking you got balls the size of peas. If RT fails I cant fathom the loss he will incur as the past two years of developement had to be prepaid somehow. People dont work for nothing and the ones manning ND studios I would think come at a premium as they are the first to do something like this.

If you guys wanna head hunt people go back to the beginning and hunt the ones still earning from all their exploits. Go after the ones with multiple known accounts be it registered under " a cousins" or "brothers" name.
Go after the ones that have the duped gear that "Cant be discerened from real". Go after the ones with ties to MA either past or present that always seem to be in the right place at the right time.

Loot is controlled by MA, Planet Partners can design it (AKA reskin a known item) submit it to MA for approval but that item does not go anywhere but where MA wants it to go not the planet partners. If you worry about someone taking advantage of exploiting players you need look no further then MA.

I think thats just ignorace

NEVERDIE is probabbly one of the biggest fans of this VU....Its funny to see such jealousy...The dudes the opitamy of what a true player can accomplish...so hate on darrell...

so he probably knows some insider info like maybe where the spawns are, or at least knows some of the terrain enough to know where to go to get a bit of an advantage in pvp or in running away from mobs and stuff like that.

Spawns as in mobs? That's so easy to figure out as long as you go outside a town...

Being "banned" for knowing how to outrun a monster in a hill? I know exactly how it works, from just playing without trying to figure out... I seriously doubt people should get banned for knowing stuff like that? o_O

I would say no, he should not be banned.

Neverdie is a symbol of virtual success, a game needs someone like him to grow more and more.

Besides it's like playing to a true role playing game around the table, The Game Master knows the rules better than the other players behind his screen master, but if one day he is tired to play the Game Master, he is going to participate to another game masterized by someone else, and even if he knows well the rules nobody's going to prevent him from playing...

He may knows the system better, but he is not carrying the game master's dices, he may have a small advantage but if the dices decide he has to die, he'll die ! ... but of course john... Neverdie(s) :laugh:

Out of all the hoaky shit that goes on in this game I dont understand why people are fixated on the person that has the most to lose in here right now.

Its very easy for all of you to talk shit about ND but compared to the risk he is taking you got balls the size of peas. If RT fails I cant fathom the loss he will incur as the past two years of developement had to be prepaid somehow. People dont work for nothing and the ones manning ND studios I would think come at a premium as they are the first to do something like this.

If you guys wanna head hunt people go back to the beginning and hunt the ones still earning from all their exploits. Go after the ones with multiple known accounts be it registered under " a cousins" or "brothers" name.
Go after the ones that have the duped gear that "Cant be discerened from real". Go after the ones with ties to MA either past or present that always seem to be in the right place at the right time.

Loot is controlled by MA, Planet Partners can design it (AKA reskin a known item) submit it to MA for approval but that item does not go anywhere but where MA wants it to go not the planet partners. If you worry about someone taking advantage of exploiting players you need look no further then MA.

We all saw how RT looks like.
We all saw that most decent mobs throw flames at you.
We all know that eventually, to keep it realistic, MA will have to put burn damage in all of them.
We all know that the best armor for that is Salamander.

ND knew all that months before we all did. He or some of his friends COULD have taken advantage of this. I am not saying that they did. But they could have.

I don't have anything against ND. I do not think he should be banned. But his activity should be restricted to his own planet. Since he owns CND, he can do whatever he wants in that place.

But in the same time, FPC should compete with features you find on RT or CND. Having some of the feature only there is bad business for FPC. I don't say they should copy, but they should come up with something better and more fun, if they can.

Anyway, ND made a great plannet, but I wonder how come MA did not banned some of the mobs, when MA banned some players for having names similar, or anyway, not worse than the name of those mobs... So many strange things in this world...

I don't have anything against ND. I do not think he should be banned. But his activity should be restricted to his own planet. Since he owns CND, he can do whatever he wants in that place.

ND also owns Neverdie bank in PA so kinda` hard to restrict his Calypso activities.

I dont think ND should be banned for playing EU but he should be BANNED for WoWtopia this game is becoming more like WoW with every update
i can see in a year we will have druids trolls nightelves palidans Mwaaaaaaaaah ....

I'd like to preface this post by saying that I am about 300ml into a bottle of scotch :D

I was dreaming tonight about how cool it would be to own/operate a planet. All the awesome ideas I have, being able to get rich, having some inside knowledge about the mechanics of EU..... then I stopped and thought " I don't want a planet if it means I can't play anymore. Surely I wouldn't be allowed to play if I had knowledge before hand of what would drop what on my planet. I could manipulate the economy of my entire planet. Even if my Mandu avatar were not the one playing.

It wasn't long before my thoughts moved to NEVERDIE. Jon has been closely involved in the development of 2 planets (some would argue 3). Should he be allowed to participate in the mechanics of this game?

At what point are you too involved in the universe to participate. I've heard that MindArk employees are required to play, but cannot deposit or withdraw. That makes sense. But what must you do to be an employee. File Taxes? Empty Garbages? Create two planets?

Edit: Thought I should add; I have nothing against ND, nor do I begrudge him making money here. I just thought a debate should be had about when a person is too close to the core of the game to play it.

well u can see it in 2 way's

1. yes he should have to stop playing in this game as he is very much involved and he is working in real life involving this game.
like anne did he should off stopped playing and put all to auction or something.

2. no he's a seperate firm (planet partners are compagny's on there own)
so he has no insight of what MA does or what FPC does.
(thouch we all know compagny's work together behind the wall's)
but not the less....

EU is not a game !

he bought the thing / item what is now CND it's his property.
like in real life .... why would he need to take distance from his own real estate.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

they now say CND is worth a 1.000.000 dollar ?
but hey i can say everything i want aswell.
and i say it's worth 100.000 dollar.
but not the less he bought the estate and and no one can force him to leave it behind.
though on the other hand , he has a shit load of insight of what is happening and what is going to happen.

3. my final point : as anne (skam) had to leave her avatar behind as she works at a planet partner compagny now , then john jakob neverdie should have to do the same.
i have no pitty for anything, he knew where he was getting getting in to
so i say he should stop playing.
and leave his avatar behind.

but on the other side , i actually don't give a rat's arse.
i'm not troubled by ND , i don't know him.
all i know is that he has done a lot for this game and that he will continu with that.
i don't like him , i don't hate him..
simply as i don't know him.

greets ,sid

ps: hope u all understand my reply because i for sure lost track of it.

Last edited:
Back