Unable to see CURSOR when in FULL mode (not in window mode)

namagem

Mature
Society
Stoned
Jeffrey megaman Michael
Im having a small technical issue that i cant seem to figure out. When im in the "window" mode of entropia, I can see the cursor just fine. The only problem is that i want a larger screen, so when i hit "alt"-"enter" or start the game with the window mode box UNchecked the cursor disappears. I can see the crosshairs in "aim" mode and everything works while in that mode, but when i hit "space" to switch to "cursor" mode, the cursor is invisible. i can see things highlight as if the cursor still works when i move the mouse, it is just invisible. please help because i would love to run the game in full screen mode.

Don't use alt+enter, use the ingame options to change from fullscreen-mode to windows mode (O for options, then graphics category)
if that doesn't fix it, make sure to use the proper driver for your graphicscard, and make sure the theme you chose for windows is set to standard cursors.

Hi

In game; Space bar is Toggle Aim/Cursor Mode.

You have no problem; it is like that.

Use your Camera Mode too to see your Cursor when you toggle in Aim mode.

Or Check your Installation validation.

Or click use system cursor.

cheer;

dandy

Nope, still not working. Not sure about the drivers, but this is a very nice laptop I am using with the HD accellerator graphics. Oh well, i guess i just have to use window mode since nobody really knows the reason it wont work.

(just wish i could log in now, seems i have been trying for 20 min now with the messages "timeout occured" and "connection lost" always being the excuse. It seems i spend more time trying to play this game then actually playing it.)

wow
:scratch2:

just deposited 300 ped and i cant even log on to use it... this sucks

Tried option "use system cursor" yet?

yes i have, same result. i can see the small red cursor during "cursor mode" of the "WINDOWed mode", but i can see NO cursor during "cursor mode" of "FULL SCREEN MODE". I do, however, see the crosshairs during "AIM mode" of "full screen mode" and I have no problems whatsoever with "windowed mode". i just wish i could either stretch the windowed mode screen to the full width of my monitor, or see the cursor (WHICH WORKS, yet is invisible) during Full screen mode.

its some strange bug or something.

So your installation validation got zero error?

Could try the following.

1: download get the latest directx install.

This could help restore any damage directx files

2: Use other windows login user(prefer a new one)
This will get you a clean user profile.

3: re-intall your video card driver.

I think that's all

dandy

i can see the small red cursor during "cursor mode" of the "WINDOWed mode", but i can see NO cursor during "cursor mode" of "FULL SCREEN MODE". I do, however, see the crosshairs during "AIM mode" of "full screen mode" and I have no problems whatsoever with "windowed mode".

its some strange bug or something.

Did u ever get it working in full screen? I have had the same problem in both Win8/10 (for ever).

Of course, in Full Screen mode, you get the high quality graphics, and you get the poor quality in windowed mode...

If anyone has found the secret, please post.

Thx,
Sav

Holy necro :)

Did u ever get it working in full screen?

We now have the "fullscreen windowed" mode, if you have no problems in normal windowed mode then the fullscreen-windowed should be fine too.

try the following please.
it doesnt fit perfectly to your problem, but it is done in 5 seconds and still may solve your problem:

I hate fullscreen mode since it's a pain when you switch to 2:nd monitor an EU gets minimized.

1: set your monitor to the same or higher resolution PE shall have.
2: go to Options > Advanced > activate checkbox "Advanced Resolution Mode"
3: go to Options > Graphics > activate checkbox "Fullscreen"
4: set Fullscreen Mode to "Regular" (enables setting fullscreen resolution)
5: set Fullscreen Resolution to your desired resolution, like 3840x2160x32
6: set Fullscreen Mode to "Windowed"
7: Apply/Confirm

now you can freely move your mouse between both monitors, activate other windows/applications on another monitor and PE stays visibly on top of its own screen without getting minimized.

try the following please.
it doesnt fit perfectly to your problem, but it is done in 5 seconds and still may solve your problem:

Thanks Orion, that worked!!!

Shaolin is glad to help.

:yay: feel free to spend some rep :yay:

Back