I have 2 questions about loot

prooman

Young
Society
Actioneers
Zanty Prooman Dinu
1. What do you think about loot system?

2.You think players have quit because loot?

1. What do you think about loot system? I do not like it... it seems like the dedicated hunter has no advantage over the casual hunter.

2.You think players have quit because loot? Yes

I think the loot reward system can be frustrating and also very rewarding at the same time. We all get frustrated after a poor run but mindark would soon go bust if we all Hof'd every 5 minutes.

Im sure many people have quit because they thought they were going to be millionaires because before they played Entropia they were "In the BEST raiding guild" in a previous game :D I also think the game system filters out many of the imature/rude players that seem to infest most other games.

Rolf.

The loot is not the problem, the problem is the after market for the looted goods. No one should complain about bad loots if the things they looted had better markup.

People quit by different causes and surely some have quit beacuse poor loot. But that only shows what mindset they had when they played, if you think you can gain in this game just by hunting your on the wrong road anyway.

I think FPC shall focus more on the ingame market, create more means for people to earn from each other.

1. It's a rip-off.
2. Yes, I know of plenty and I myself have greatly limited my play purely because of consistantly poor loots.

This is what my loots feel like;
I have $20, I give it to mindark, they give me back $15 plus about $0.50 skills and about $1 markup for very very little entertainment.
So effectively, for next-to-no entertainment I basically give my $20 to MA, they give me $16.50 back, rinse and repeat until I'm broke and wish I never deposited in the first place, wondering why I just spent all day, paying to be bored.

1. It's a rip-off.
2. Yes, I know of plenty and I myself have greatly limited my play purely because of consistantly poor loots.

This is what my loots feel like;
I have $20, I give it to mindark, they give me back $15 plus about $0.50 skills and about $1 markup for very very little entertainment.
So effectively, for next-to-no entertainment I basically give my $20 to MA, they give me $16.50 back, rinse and repeat until I'm broke and wish I never deposited in the first place, wondering why I just spent all day, paying to be bored.

You really have a problem man...

Reading your comments from past few months... You are the one who absolutely had no idea about how to play entropia, or how to manage the playing.. It seems you have your expectations but you really cant see the reality, leaving you only with complains. First make yourself clear about what do you expect and what you can have.. Then deposit and play..

Or dont deposit and dont play..

Anyway for fuck sake.. STOP WITH THIS BS.. that you deposit with knowing how everything is and still then come here to whine.

Dont play, or STFU and stop bothering us with your stupid complains >).

I will hate it until i will finally hit my first 5 digit loot >)

Sure, some people just have unrealistic expectations.. And also sometimes MA can be really cruel >D

Stop posting that I'm not happy losing tonnes of money?
Nope, won't be doing that.

Last edited:
Problem is that most new players think its just hunt that make the game , and after a while when they see that a better gun spend more ammo and cost more decay , they just feels like tricked .

Yes i have several in my soc that been very active from start and depoed , but then just feels like its way to ruin or whatever.

We sure need more social things to do in game . not just logg in hunt for some hours and then logg out , as thats not fun even for me , as i think theres better shot and run games on the market unfortunatly.

Bring in more the Sci-fi things that this game pretends to be , as now its just not that .

just went to calypsos friday night party was great fun , and more like that to meet the players in a different settings are fun .
But i guess u could just turn off the Pc and do rl ;) stuff like that in rl too ; )

( Well i couldnt as my son was home and at bed . so no out on the town at late nights :/ : ) so i likes the social part of the game .
We need more to do in game )

1) I do not know the loot system so I can't tell you :D but I know it goes up and down, and that I am in a 'down' right now, after a year in the 'up' :laugh: so trying to get back up again ;)

The loot is not the problem, the problem is the after market for the looted goods. No one should complain about bad loots if the things they looted had better markup.

I would like to see more items being dropped, I honestly do not think that it would affect the market that much if some items dropped a bit more :silly2: even more pixie would be OK ;)

wondering why I just spent all day, paying to be bored.

Because you're stupid?

That is the only reason I can think of for all the longtime whiners to spend all their time either playing, or complaining about how much they hate playing :rolleyes: no intelligent person would keep doing something they hate, and do not have to do...

It seems you have your expectations but you really cant see the reality, leaving you only with complains.

Yes, we have too many people with unrealistic expectations, or simply doing things they know they will lose from, and then complain about it... and then repeat... and then repeat... and then repeat... and then repeat... and... ah, you get the point :)

1) I do not know the loot system so I can't tell you :D but I know it goes up and down, and that I am in a 'down' right now, after a year in the 'up' :laugh: so trying to get back up again ;)

I would like to see more items being dropped, I honestly do not think that it would affect the market that much if some items dropped a bit more :silly2: even more pixie would be OK ;)

Because you're stupid?

That is the only reason I can think of for all the longtime whiners to spend all their time either playing, or complaining about how much they hate playing :rolleyes: no intelligent person would keep doing something they hate, and do not have to do...

Yes, we have too many people with unrealistic expectations, or simply doing things they know they will lose from, and then complain about it... and then repeat... and then repeat... and then repeat... and then repeat... and... ah, you get the point :)

I bet you only talk like this online. I never even met you and I can imagine you'd get swung at often.

It's all about peds cycled... I do believe loot is fine as it is in the long run, the short run can b painful tho for the people without a bankroll. I can relate, i used to sweat, hunt, then wind up bk sweating. Then i found out it's more time related than u'd expected.... If I'm doing real bad, very often after a few hrs of bad loot suddenly i will chain global, like 3-4 globals in 10 mins. But if u always catch that down wave it feels like there's no loot in the pool. Try building up a bankroll and hunting within ur limits can yield much better results... Just don't expect ur every hunt to cover armor decay as well or how much money do u think us ppl who go light or without armor would b making? ;)

Yes, many have quit cause of not being able to manage their ped, or out of fear that returns are always the same, but they aren't. It's a game of extremes, when it rains it sure as hell pours often.

1. A ripoff.
2. Yes.

I bet you only talk like this online. I never even met you and I can imagine you'd get swung at often.

Meh, I usually have no reason to talk like it offline :dunno: so why would I?

My point still being: Why the hell would you play a game you apparently hate so much?

Last edited:
Makes me think of alcoholics blaming alcohol for their problems drinking... The alcohol is not evil necessarily, hell, anything can be abused... Many do it with EU, doesn't make EU a bad thing cause people abuse it. People without self control want to restrict people with it to feel better about themselves... Instead of working on myself, i'll just try to change everyone else's world ;)

Addicts can have real problems, many do, but they are generally aware it's not the evil alcohol, but how they feel without it, miserable, having to cope with life. They generally don't try to ruin other people's time, but instead AVOID knowing they can't trust themselves to stop at one.

Any addict of EU is addicted because they clearly are getting something out of it, otherwise they wouldn't be addicted. This isn't an addictive substance shoved down ur throat, it's purely psychological. Pls don't anyone go into bs about what chemicals get released when u feel pleasure, cause by that sense everything enjoyable should be banned.

Offtopic kinda, but still on the point... People play cause they do get something out of it... albeit not the loot they crave lol. For some quitting is the only option to break the cycle, so be it!

My point still being: Why the hell would you play a game you apparently hate so much?

Simple, we started playing a game years ago and the dealer changed the rules; trapping us into a hopeless game. Im just guessing here, in the old days some profited but that % has gone down...why?

When ppl cut back, they are criticized, when ppl criticize, they are criticized but the virtual world would be alot better with "No we see it clearly and thats BS." but obviously some of us are completely blind, (and happy btw.)

Honestly, I do not know all the ends and out of Entropias RCE, but what I do know is that the gods of this world are almost completely malignant.

And my reply is STILL:
"I hate EU? News to me."

I hate the returns and I find EU boring, but I don't hate it, otherwise logically, I wouldn't play at all. Currently I play till the losses piss me off (hour or two) then I log out and play other more fun games.
I hardly hate EU.

I complain about my friends, gf, family, composing, work, money etc... too. Would you automatically assume I hate them?

Simple, we started playing a game years ago and the dealer changed the rules; trapping us into a hopeless game. Im just guessing here, in the old days some profited but that % has gone down...why?

When ppl cut back, they are criticized, when ppl criticize, they are criticized but the virtual world would be alot better with "No we see it clearly and thats BS." but obviously some of us are completely blind, (and happy btw.)

Honestly, I do not know all the ends and out of Entropias RCE, but what I do know is that the gods of this world are almost completely malignant.

And what he said too..

1- Good when i getting payback, bad when i losing :laugh:. Seriously though the loot system seems now to be over a longer cycle (tt cycled), with more severe ups and down phases. Tbh i preferred the loot system before the change, but overall is same return over long term. Now the down phases can be soul destroying for lower turnover players imo, especially newcomers.

2 Yes

I complain about my friends, gf, family etc... too. Would you automatically assume I hate them?

I would wonder if you have any friends or even a gf. I guess your family is stuck with you though.

I do agree that they have made it harder to get returns by stretching the amount of kills u need to avg out, that is something i cannot deny in the least. Nowdays u need to cycle more ped b4 the loot comes bk to ya, side effect of having more and bigger hofs... And people udnerstandibly get worried... On the plus side it gives hope to more people to hit one who may have never... It's double edged...

As for bigger gun=more decay, that's just simplistic. It only lets u play faster. Averaging to the same. A bigger gun allows u to compete against people killing fewer mobs per min for the hof. There's a side to the equation where u get less armor decay too u know, and a gun is not about decay, but about dmg/pec.

if i was going to ask two questions, it would be:

1. who is your daddy
and
2. what does he do

And my reply is STILL:
"I hate EU? News to me."

I hate the returns and I find EU boring, but I don't hate it, otherwise logically, I wouldn't play at all. Currently I play till the losses piss me off (hour or two) then I log out and play other more fun games.
I hardly hate EU.

I complain about my friends, gf, family, composing, work, money etc... too. Would you automatically assume I hate them?

Complain enough and THEY will hate you tho ;) lol
Negative emotions don't generally harbor good ones in return. Which is why people who aren't out on a mission generally see they are saying nothing but negative. Profit, you being one of the most outspoken in the negative camp should understand this pls. If all u hear is negative shit spewed constantly from someone...

And my reply is STILL:
"I hate EU? News to me."

I hate the returns and I find EU boring, but I don't hate it

Well it is quite clear you at least do not like it, or you wouldn't spend soooo much of your time whining (whining = non-constructive complaining) about it...

1. It goes up and down. Adapt to it.

2. Yes, and I don't care.

1- it's the same since L stuff was introduced, perhaps better than when UnL stuff strated to drop (not non-L). (talking about the "dry period" extension, TT-wise).
2- those that can't live through the longer dry periods eventually leave. This includes both newbies with no peds, and some EU addicts that can't stop during dry spells and end-up loosing more than they can afford, and have the bad luck to log during those bad periods.

It's called masochism :D
Poeple do that if they simply need something to complain about because they do not want to see their other problems :D

What do you mean by "changed the rules"?

extremes

I noticed a reoccuring theme to responses to valid complaints/concerns and its kinda disheartening. I mean most responses you see go to total extremes like talking bout expectations being outa wack etc. for ex. "what, you expected to get rich?" or "what you wanna hof every 5min?" When in reality the people bringing up concerns dont even wanna profit or break even, theyd just like to hit the avg 90% return before they're broke or before having to deposit more.

Its true that returns would be much better if we had better markups but we all shoot ourselves in the foot by undercutting undercuts etc. So the markup value is our own faults. For example look at nova fragments, can you get 1k of them faster then you can get 1k sweat? No you can't or atleast i know i cant so why is the markup 5 times lower then sweat and to loot it you gotta spend ped, but to sweat is free. Think about it, if we really valued each others time tt value of return wouldnt matter so much. Just a thought.

Back