Question: Do you think that the enhancers break to often?

Do they break to often?

• Yes i think they break to often

Votes: 107 59.4%
  • I dont think they dont break to often

Votes: 57 31.7%
  • Yes they often break several in a short interval

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • No they dont seem to break in an internvall

Votes: 41 22.8%

• Total voters

Legion

Marauder
Society
Supremacy Reign
Iam Flatline Legion
Simple question...

Do you think the mining enhancers break to fast / to often?

Also when they break do they seem to break a few in a row almost and then no breaks for some time?

I wouldn't know, only used 2-3 enhancers and they lasted pretty long :scratch2:

However, I do find it a bit weird that I haven't seen any tests on how long an enhancer lasts on average :D

Speed excavator enhancers are good. Very good.

Minning depth enhancers break too often (for me). Thats the reason Im not using them - just tried few of them. I would appreciate if they can last for +-1000 bombs/probes (at least lower ones)

I would appreciate if they can last for +-1000 bombs/probes (at least lower ones)

How long do they last now on average? Got any data? :D

Have no idea, never used one and never will :wtg:

No, they break at pretty much preset rate. And several at once is nothing new. As everything in EU, they have employed wave pattern here, which in the end leads to same average with appearance of randomness.

Also, you need to differentiate between several types of enhancers. There are those which transfer usage cost to item (like dmg for weapons, or heal of faps) and those which take all cost upon themselves (eco for weapons, depth for finders). Obviously those which take on whole cost upon themselves, break faster.

I also think the the mining depth enhancers break way too fast, I had 5 different stacks on my finder and one amp broke 3 of them once. (98 probes)

The game has catered to the crafters a very long time, following the wishes of part of the community.

Also, the item doesn't break if an enhancer slot gets emptied. I guess that works. However, I'd love to have a fixed rule for life/upgrade/whatever on everything.

The game has catered to the crafters a very long time, following the wishes of part of the community.

Enhancers costs more tt to craft than their tt value though :dunno: so guessing they might have to keep consumption up to keep the MU up so crafters wont lose too much making them?

next what we see is nerfing of all things again ! if we use too much tier.

Remember the L items. Short after we got L. MA nerf the mobs and we got regen on mobs. I never will use them, and if i must use, about bad returns, then i stop playing EU. I really dont like all the tier. Just my 2 PEC;)

I dont use tier, so i cant say anything about what the OP ask in poll.

How long do they last now on average? Got any data? :D

No scientific research mate ;)

Best depth enhancer survived around 250 probes, worst was 17 if I remember correctly.
What is way too short for me to use them (even if considering that 250-one).

I tried maybe 10-15 depth enhancers at all.
Output, in this case, was very clear for me :laugh:

Excavator enhancers are something completely different.
I bought 5 (I) and have 2 of them still on driller. And I bought them maybe week after tier system was implemented....what is amazing.

just wanted to say option #2 is a double negative, in result meaning they do break often;)

arkon

"Hi. This is MA. Do you want your money to last longer (Longer lasting enhancers), or shorter? (Shorter lasting enhancers)"

duuuh!

How can people not vote option1? I'm an enhancer crafter and ought to be the exception :p

btw, I think the break rate ought to be proportional to the decay+ammo burn of the weapon or mining finder used. Only then can enhancers make sense for smaller weapons. Now those gaining most from enhancers are the highest hitting weapons (surprise! surprise!)

They break to often!

I used some eco enhancer, and due to fast break of the enhancers (FAP), my eco was worse than without eco enhancer.

I will never use any eco enhancer on FAPs :D

when they break do they seem to break a few in a row almost and then no breaks for some time?
That sounds almost like a definition of random...

I'm not sure how i feel about enhancer breaking intervals

but my frequency of tails results in coinflipping seems to be too often

No, i dont think they break too often. This is ofcourse based on the use of Lvl I extractor speed enhancer. I've had on on my ematter extractor for at least a month now i think.

I'm not sure how i feel about enhancer breaking intervals

but my frequency of tails results in coinflipping seems to be too often

Well, that's the whole point. It is made to appear random, but it's not. Follow the breakage rate over some time, and you will quickly notice the average value from which there is not much deviation in long run.

Do you really think MA would leave such important aspect without any checks?

I just think the system would be more popular if enhancers last a set amount of uses...

The low level ones I've tried lasted a decent amount of time, but it kinda scares me to pay high mu for something that could break in 1 shot...

My first mining amp (depth I) lasts for somethig like 500 probes...

I felt like "wow! that's great! let's use it like crazy" (as it really seems to change the proportion of high markup ressources i loot - wich is logic as you have deeper average) then i bought depth I, II

and here is the true: some broke after 10 probes!!!! well hopefully they are getting cheap now... but seems the range is very large...

my first set of enhancers, mining depth enhancers lasted a very long time. I only put 3 in and none broke until well over 4k probes. This was on CND. When the loot got bad, all 3 broke within a few hours. May be just coincidence though.

If I ever start playing again, I would prolly grab some more, especially the finder range enhancers if they dropped in price. I haven't been ingame for a long time and actually have no clue what they cost now.

Well, that's the whole point. It is made to appear random, but it's not. Follow the breakage rate over some time, and you will quickly notice the average value from which there is not much deviation in long run.

Do you really think MA would leave such important aspect without any checks?

Are you saying that you don't think it's random because over time it averages out to a consistent number? You don't expect the number of trials on something that happens say, 1 in 1000 to average out to be around 1000? Isn't the check on the important aspect called math?

Are you saying that you don't think it's random because over time it averages out to a consistent number? You don't expect the number of trials on something that happens say, 1 in 1000 to average out to be around 1000? Isn't the check on the important aspect called math?

Well, in essence it's pseudo-random. What i meant was that such important aspect can not be left to work on basis of true randomness. And yes, of course there's mathematical algorithm behind it, most likely a variation of one that is used in so many other aspects of EU, as i have mentioned earlier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudorandomness

No, they break at pretty much preset rate. And several at once is nothing new. As everything in EU, they have employed wave pattern here, which in the end leads to same average with appearance of randomness.

I think it is pretty counter-intuitive, but at present, the best way is to use one enhancer stacks.

Voted for EFD

Voted: Yes i think they break to often

I've never used one.

Well, in essence it's pseudo-random. What i meant was that such important aspect can not be left to work on basis of true randomness. And yes, of course there's mathematical algorithm behind it, most likely a variation of one that is used in so many other aspects of EU, as i have mentioned earlier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudorandomness

Well we'll have to agree to disagree since your link supports my argument not yours anyway ;) I can make wiki say what I want it to say too! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistical_randomness

There is no need for it to be "fixed" math and a statistically random algorithm take care of it over the long term. I make no claim that the algorithm used by MA is statistically random, just that there is no need to artificially manipulate it.

they break too offen but that's not the problem. problem is crafters keeping the market too high for craft costs..

nah.

Nah, they don't break enough. Lorespade isn't a millionare yet horading the parts to make them, and hasn't given me a few hundred of those peds for posting this yet, lol. ;)

I bought 3 depth ones at least 500 bombs ago and still have all 2 out 3 going. So I don't know what to say about the life of these things.The weapons ones well some break after a few hundred rounds. Others lasted for over 500 peds of hunting and still going :confused:

Back