In which part of the player life-cycle are you?

In which part of the player life-cycle are you?

• 1) Starting

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • 2) Ramping Up

Votes: 58 23.5%
  • 3) Mastery

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • 4) Burn Out

Votes: 53 21.5%
  • 5) Casual / Recovery

Votes: 98 39.7%

• Total voters

XeroX2

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marcus XeroX Cicero
Hi, please read the following descriptions before you vote!
Assuming the player life-cycle has 5 different stages... in which are you at the moment?

1) Starting: The player has just started playing the game and everything is new and exciting.
2) Ramping Up: The player has learned the basics and is now busy progressing through the content (whether leveling or crafting). They have a sense of where they want to be and are heading for that goal.
3) Mastery: The player is at the higher-end of the game and is either well-situated in a guild and doing teams, or happily soloing high level missions, or competing in PvP content.
4) Burn Out: The player feels like they’ve done everything they can do in the game, or they are beginning to feel burned out from all the social obligations from their guild. They wonder where all the fun went.
5) Casual / Recovery: The player has figured out a way to play the game without burning out. They may be doing intermittent teams, logging in casually to play with friends, casually leveling, etc.

The different stages are copied from the http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/ DAEDALUS PROJECT and edited to be suitable for the Entropia Universe.

The goal of this thread will be to compare how different the results for Entropia Universe are in comparison to other MMOs. I hope I`ll get a reasonable ammount of votes so I can do the comparison. I`ll share the results and they might be quite interestning for the future of EU? :wtg:

5 and very confident with it ;)

There is so much to learn so had to pick number one. :scratch2:

Still lots of stuff to find out - i'm at 2

Ramp it up! :wtg:

I'm not sure.

At first, I just lost interest and got tired of spending stupid amounts of money to play a computer game.

Then I took a few months to chip out and start selling off inventory.

When Rocktopia, tiering, and auto-crafting came out, I logged back in to try them out.

Now, I'm bored and have lost interest again, so I'm back to selling stuff and my final chip-out.

My point is not to be a complainer, but to say that your classifications leave out a lot of players.

I'm not sure.

At first, I just lost interest and got tired of spending stupid amounts of money to play a computer game.

Then I took a few months to chip out and start selling off inventory.

When Rocktopia, tiering, and auto-crafting came out, I logged back in to try them out.

Now, I'm bored and have lost interest again, so I'm back to selling stuff and my final chip-out.

My point is not to be a complainer, but to say that your classifications leave out a lot of players.

If you gonna "final chipout" then you probably just aren't a target for this poll, since it concerns players.

Burn out here:(

shitty loots for long time, no progress, all deposits vanished within day or two, And a hardcore 8+ hours/day player evolved into not much playing complainer, lol.
At least i have much more time for more important RL issues :yay:

I am a freelancing casual with frequent appearances of burnout from where I mostly master to recover and start to ramp up again.

What do I have to vote? :scratch2:

I thought #3 read Mystery at first glance. That would have been perfect for me. I`m not quite sure where I`m at but know where I`m not. No other choices fit me well.

I think I did everything to find the 'old fun'... me bad or it's lost.
Burn out...

I miss the option *all of the above :D
But at this moment I am defenitly #5

I have been in all positions at some time, and some more.
Since 2002 I roam this planet and I have sold my gear at one time, logged in occasionally at another time and now I have played hardcore again for the last year or something and since I lately checked what that did cost me I am prolly taking a looong EU vacation again :D

My advise to all burned out players is: do not sell your skills, but only your gear and empty your storage. The chance you come back lat one point later is over 75% and when you do you can buy some L stuff and play again until you loose interest again..

I'm in Category 6: Disgruntled, angry, and fed up with the incompetence arrogance and raw greed of the publishers of the game.

I voted 5. its the closest to where I am really. I login enough to keep my participation rate enough to continue running my end of the Soc business but not as much as I would like to. Unfortunately, my life currently does not allow me a greater time commitment to PE but I'm hoping that this will change in the future once I've finished studying again. Maybe then I can get back to doing some serious hunting again after all this time.

Wheres the "Quit or quitting" option?

i played for 2.5 years and never had a hof:(

forgot a stage...

You forgot to add the stage where you are ramping up, not burned out, but are just plain broke until you can deposit again... Think a good portion of EU participants are there ;)

Wheres the "Quit or quitting" option?

like other said this poll is aimed at active participiants in EU and if you can`t find an option that suits you please don`t vote. However I would guess most people who are active here but not ingame should consider the burn out option.
;)

I don't know much about other MMO's, but from what I've heard, it (on average) takes a shorter amount of time to level up in a MMO with a flat monthly fee as compared to EU. I'm not leaving out the possibility that there may be another MMO in which you level up as slow as you do in EU, but I haven't heard of one.

Here's my answer: 6) None of the above

I think 'The Daedalus Project' is geared towards those other MMO's. And even then, I still take the data with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
I would situate myself on 3 slowly going towards 4 but I voted for 3 as I'm still at a peak in my EU lifetime.

Nr. 4 Burn Out ... Feels that I just throw down the Peds in a black hole without end and get nothing for them.

Hi,

I'm at 4) Burn Out, for sure.

I have reached all & everything possibly with the amount of deposit money this game justifys (IMHO).

No bigger armor to buy, no bigger plates to buy - either I already have, or they're ways above my limit, or they offer just a minor improvement/ PED.

Few weapons above the ones I already use (that would suit my skills & be a real improvement) that would be affordable and would cater the style I like to play. There'd be better gear but using it would just start high stake gambling, and I'm not here for this.

A big wall in front of me. Quite big mobs will never kill me, as long as I don't stop FAPping - but I'd not be able to kill 'em in exchange 'cause I just am not ready to invest the huge amounts of currency needed to effectively killing them - I'm comfortable with 200 PED runs, but risking more is beyond my scope.

So, a big wall. The wall between "advanced casual gaming" and "high stake gambling", IMHO. A reason to feel "burned out", IMHO.
Still not lost hope for a change, maybe with better made planets but the one we've seen already, but with not this much hope anymore.

Have fun!

#5. :yay:
Just started again after a years break and I love it. No real losses, just running even, for now :)

God! The dutch people seem so chilled and calm compared to other #4 burned out players lol ;).

Everybody should have the Dutch mentality!

I'm so newbie I'm at #0.5 <3 <3 <3

Starting to start starting the starting area of the game ^^

Reactions: Wed
Almost three years in, and still ramping up, slowly. That is not a problem as I have always looked on EU with a long view - 10 years or more - so I plan on being at number #2 for quite awhile. I actually think #3 is impossible, so the next step (someday), would be #4 or perhaps just settling into #5.

:beerchug:

Miles

4. i'.ve been playing for 2,5 year but now considering to quit.

Back