In which part of the player life-cycle are you?

In which part of the player life-cycle are you?

• 1) Starting

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • 2) Ramping Up

Votes: 58 23.5%
  • 3) Mastery

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • 4) Burn Out

Votes: 53 21.5%
  • 5) Casual / Recovery

Votes: 98 39.7%

• Total voters
I'd say definitely #3, though I currently can't play because my internet is fucked up :/

(hopefully it'll be fixed by tonight)

I believe I'm heading from stage 2 stright into Stage 4 :scratch2:
(nothing in between xD)

Assuming the player life-cycle has 5 different stages...
I think this is a bad assumption. There are states that players are in that are not covered by those five descriptions, as noted here, and in the comments on that site. But have fun!

OT: I found this interesting in the disclosure preamble to the survey:

"We are examining how someone’s behaviors in virtual worlds may be used to predict their real world characteristics, such as their gender or age."

"We will then use data mining and machine learning techniques to try to explore whether your real world characteristics can be predicted from your behaviors in World of Warcraft."

"The study is sponsored by the US Federal Government. All information obtained in this study is strictly confidential unless disclosure is required by law."

Orly?!?... please Uncle Sam, do tell. I'm curious what you learned and what your going to do, or are doing with that information that you gathered at the tax payers expense... :rolleyes:

PS, another reason to not use applications like Facebook imo.

I picked number 5 but skipped 3 and 4 because I can't deposit so I never reached my goals and now realie without significant deposits they aren't possible so I just play casually and make some money fapping people here and there.

missing one alternative...but then again maby we can't talk about that here :)

Quiting....
All the good feelings about this game are gone...
Just can't find the reason to spend the time in-game anymore.

/Chest

Ya I agree. Need at least 1 or two more

6 ) Cursed : I am not a new player, I deposit when I can, sometimes it seems to go very quick. I see global and HoF trends but can't seem to get on the same track. I have hunted Argonauts and struggle to get a global nevermind an Uber. I have hunted all the noob mobs and never got a global on them. Atrox steal my peds, feffoids won't even loot me a kross nevermind a set of 3. I have never looted a nice item. Crafting does nothing but eat my peds. I drop probes and bombs with nothing but little claims. My gear isn't uber but it is isn't noob either. I am stuck in the middle...

Ya I agree. Need at least 1 or two more

6 ) Cursed : I am not a new player, I deposit when I can, sometimes it seems to go very quick. I see global and HoF trends but can't seem to get on the same track. I have hunted Argonauts and struggle to get a global nevermind an Uber. I have hunted all the noob mobs and never got a global on them. Atrox steal my peds, feffoids won't even loot me a kross nevermind a set of 3. I have never looted a nice item. Crafting does nothing but eat my peds. I drop probes and bombs with nothing but little claims. My gear isn't uber but it is isn't noob either. I am stuck in the middle...

Yea, 4 years (or more) playing just one time find (around 300ped) deposit :(
Now i just sweating and chatting :(
Game just eat peds and try getout it from me quick if possible :(

And yet, another "boooooooooh i lost all my peds and now i'm quitting" thread is born :rolleyes:

I picked 5, but I'm really a combination of a lot of those. I don't think any of those truly define me as a player. But I don't think I'm the typical player that plays this game, either.

I'm not just starting out (been in game 2 years now). Partly ramping up as I'm still doing relatively low level stuff. Can't really say mastery, as that seems reserved for the real top level players. Burn out really describes the way I'm starting to feel about the game lately. Casual/Recovery is another good way to put it as I don't play hardcore, only logging in for an hour or two a day. Just trying to find a way to get by or get ahead on my level of play...

missing one alternative...but then again maby we can't talk about that here :)

Quiting....
All the good feelings about this game are gone...
Just can't find the reason to spend the time in-game anymore.

/Chest

hmm from what you write in pm soc chat and so on I would say you are very 4) m8 and nothing else. :D
However it`s your decision ofc. :)

And yet, another "boooooooooh i lost all my peds and now i'm quitting" thread is born :rolleyes:

well i can`t find a way how my first post should start something like that... The only option that goes in this direction is 4) and I think it`s ok when ppl say that they are burned out. That might even be helpfull to realise it. Especially for the devs... :confused:

Burn out.. or maybe dead fit better? I still log in once a while but i dont really DO anything :p

still learning to do better, always room for improvement :D

it's a bit misleading...

most players who we commonly term as "mid-level" would fall under "mastery" in this poll, but the term "mastery" has an uber feel to it.

If you gonna "final chipout" then you probably just aren't a target for this poll, since it concerns players.

I'm not so sure about that. The one thing that sets RCE games apart from other games is that you really don't have the option to just quit one day.

I'm still an active participant. Actually, I might be even more active than most of the people who respond to this poll. It's just that, for most of the past 6 months, most of my ingame activities have been aimed directly at selling my assets and pulling cash back out of the Entropia Universe. Until you actually go through the process, it is difficult to understand just how much work it actually is.

Reactions: Mac
it's a bit misleading...

most players who we commonly term as "mid-level" would fall under "mastery" in this poll, but the term "mastery" has an uber feel to it.

yeah this poll is not about the old terms of noob, mid lvl, uber.
I think we had more then enough polls about that... :lolup:
So I have to agree some of the mid lvl players should consider to be in the mastery section.

Back