Pleasantly Surprised!

pacmagic

Old
Society
Freelancer
John Mac Nally
Not sure if its the right place but I have seen so much negativity about some aspects of PE at the moment I wanted to see (if in my case) it was right.

Bear in mind this is just my take on how the universe has been for me.

Im at work at the moment (so nothing better to do :) ) I decided to take a look at what I was 'worth' in PE. I got the list of all my belongings and sat on PEauction all morning adding up my worth. The total was ok but a good 2000 ped under my depositing (not to bad having had immense fun for the past 3 months) Still I was a little put off that 200 dollars was gone :(

Then it hit me (not the boss telling me to get back to work btw)

Aren’t my skills worth some ped.... I added up the ones I knew off the top of my head (rifle, aim etc etc) and with the cost of GSI's to yank them out im now 287 Ped in profit :eek: Not counting the skills I cant remember.

So I wondered, When people say they lose a lot of money here do skills get counted in that loss or is it just what you have now that gets counted?

Nice point ... havent really thought of that *goes counts her skills in peds .... ohhhhhoooooo ...... NICE :D *

I agree with you, pac. I am even one of the ones that will openly point out the negative aspects of PE. However, I still play for hours and hours, I still deposit, and I love the game in general. When 10 good things happen to someone, and 1 bad thing happens, that person is most apt to remember the negative. I am as guilty of this as anyone.

And yes, skills are worth a bit, unless a lot of people bail out @ the same time, in which case the rates go down.

Well I have not been counting my playing cash really, maybe I should.

Let me see equipment wise I know I’m way ahead of the game.

I usually don’t count skills but you got an very valid point.

The little records I do have indicates that I have invested like 15000 usd and have in current assets now I have on an very fast count 30,000 usd.. (did an very fast count and leaving a lot of things out) Did not add sills to that, its all equipment.

So IM woth a lot more I see , and have at least double my money .. but did not count the playing cost for ammo and such.

Hope that helps an little.

you should look upon your skills as your entropia pension. Don't sell them until you are 100% sure you are leaving and they should be the last thing you sell.
Their worth is also dictated by the price of GSI's, I think I filled 80+ chips when I cashed out and getting that amount of gsi's can be quite expensive.

Edit: After selling all items, skills and hanger I still only got back less than 50% of what I put in.

wanda said:
you should look upon your skills as your entropia pension. Don't sell them until you are 100% sure you are leaving and they should be the last thing you sell.
Their worth is also dictated by the price of GSI's, I think I filled 80+ chips when I cashed out and getting that amount of gsi's can be quite expensive.

Yeah I included the price of GSI to get my figure. Its a cash out figure but my total worth. At least technicaly I havent lost 200 dollars as I thought I had.

Wouldnt matter enjoying PE too much atm.

It is actually a very good point, pacmagic.

I calculate my PE balance almost every day after I log out (well, as I'm a number freak so it takes me a little bit more than just use Inventory Calculator), to know exactly how much I gained or lost during the day. And I tell you, it is a very encouraging thing to do, when you see how your ingame actions are reflected in your balance. And it adds more sense of security too. I know that not all the people would like doing it on a regular basis, but it's a very very good way to keep your PE finance under control. :wise:

elisa said:
It is actually a very good point, pacmagic.

I calculate my PE balance almost every day after I log out (well, as I'm a number freak so it takes me a little bit more than just use Inventory Calculator), to know exactly how much I gained or lost during the day. And I tell you, it is a very encouraging thing to do, when you see how your ingame actions are reflected in your balance. And it adds more sense of security too. I know that not all the people would like doing it on a regular basis, but it's a very very good way to keep your PE finance under control. :wise:

I quite enjoyed the result today so may do it a little more often!

U are right don't forget the skill ... just try to estimate for me just the number of gsi need for sell all my skill and it's something like 700 (maybe more) lol it's crazy...

Dreicc said:
U are right don't forget the skill ... just try to estimate for me just the number of gsi need for sell all my skill and it's something like 700 (maybe more) lol it's crazy...

i just imagined that..and the prices of GSI if you did...lol, thats a good one hehe.

In fact Skills are worth shit to MA. How Come? If you invest dollars into this game and you want to sell you skills, someone else has to make or deposit the peds to buy them! The skills stays ingame all the time thats makes them only virtua property what gives it a Day's value. So if ubers would quit and buy out, the value of skill's will dramatically dropp and or could even be unsellable if they keep a standard price for it. Same is also true for Item's only tt value is the amount MA will pay you back. The tt+ value is taken over by another Avatar so no real value for MA also. So your value in skills is important to you offcourse making it see like i am loosing but skills are worth something to is not leading to better gamepley. If you constantly need to deposit and deposit because all peds are in skills, then MA would give skills a value what we just seen that it can not have a value for them.

If they would it's a conditioning of trades and economy dune by them.

interesting

I like pe-nerd's explanation... skills are like virtual property. Initially we buy them from MA, paid for in decay. Someday, we either abandon our avatar (never!) or sell everything and cash out. If we sell our skills, somebody else has to deposit to buy them- we profit, and MA profits... maybe the only for sure way to profit in this game short of scamming?

I have seen people say they don't care about the landgrab (and I don't wnat to bring that discussion up here again) because it doesn't affect them... in the long run it effects every single player in PE. If a bunch of ubers cash out and crash the economy (or even worse drive MA broke), we all lose our 'investment' in skills (and real estate/hangars/etc)- the stuff that has no TT value.

Red said:
I like pe-nerd's explanation... skills are like virtual property. Initially we buy them from MA, paid for in decay. Someday, we either abandon our avatar (never!) or sell everything and cash out. If we sell our skills, somebody else has to deposit to buy them- we profit, and MA profits... maybe the only for sure way to profit in this game short of scamming?

I have seen people say they don't care about the landgrab (and I don't wnat to bring that discussion up here again) because it doesn't affect them... in the long run it effects every single player in PE. If a bunch of ubers cash out and crash the economy (or even worse drive MA broke), we all lose our 'investment' in skills (and real estate/hangars/etc)- the stuff that has no TT value.

Very true.

Dont get me wrong though I dont play PE to profit, just not go broke too quickly :laugh:

I hope MA are stable (or as stable as can be I guess) as im quite enjoying myself atm.

Landgrab, whats that :laugh: j/k

Red said:
If a bunch of ubers cash out and crash the economy (or even worse drive MA broke), we all lose our 'investment' in skills (and real estate/hangars/etc)- the stuff that has no TT value.

Why should this crash the economy? And drive MA broke. Somebody have to buy the skills and the uber gear. With money they put into the game. If every uber is selling out at the same time, the prices will drop, so still no difference.

Point is, it isnt in the ubers hands to crash the economy. It is in the regular depositers hands. If we stop deposit money into PE, its game over.

So keeping a large playerbase(that deposits regularly)happy, is the trick.

Back