FYI: Scopes and sights are taxes for MA

Wait till someone gets the response from support that says...

We have looked into the effects of scopes and lasers and we appriciate you all bringing this to our attention. It has been determined that the decay rates on the scopes and lasers for the enhancement they provide was set wrong and has been adjusted accordingly.

The very next hunt you do your decays from their use has tripled or more.

It WAS very minimal but I am betting in the near future it will no longer be so thanks to this big push of inquiries.

So you advocate the ostrich approach?

Triple the decay to do something known is arguably better than triple the decay to do nothing measurable. In any case i don't think there's a precedent for what you suggest: in general, decays don't get changed.

It's not like sights are crucial right now such that a change to them is going to ruin everyone's game play, so again, i don't really care so much what happens as long as the rhetoric matches the reality. Let's call it keeping MA as honest as possible or alternatively helping them with spring cleaning on systems that haven't been properly finished.

That's just it.... they DON'T give skill mod anymore.

"Skill Modification Bonus" is just as it sounds. Your skill level gets modified. ie: If you're a HA level 6.0 and you slap on a scope with a skill mod of 25% then that USED TO add 25% to your HA... so... at a 6.0 HA you'd be hitting like you had a 6.7 HA. HOWEVER.... like many other things in the universe.... it's been NERFED along with loot and Proteron. :(

Menace

to my knowledge scopes and lasers has actually never increased ha or such. cant be 100% sure though.

Actually this issue is very important, as until now i lived with the strong belief i would finally use again my UnL weapons by the end of the year, and it seems i wil have to postpone that for at least a couple more years. :mad:

About this issue I've been told long ago when I started playing that scopes and laser sights only increased skills gains, you don't get skill lines more often, but with lasers and scopes you gain a bit more skill than without them!
Am I the only one that heard this?
I never really used them much as I've never seen any evident proof of what I've stated above, I always thought that the skill increase was not that much and therefor not worth it!

I never much noticed difference with them in the past. Their past replies have only pushed me to not use them at all anymore except to see farther when I need to. The extra few ped in decay per hunt was nothing but additional drain. I`m glad miners don`t need to wear glasses.

So you advocate the ostrich approach?

Triple the decay to do something known is arguably better than triple the decay to do nothing measurable. In any case i don't think there's a precedent for what you suggest: in general, decays don't get changed.

It's not like sights are crucial right now such that a change to them is going to ruin everyone's game play, so again, i don't really care so much what happens as long as the rhetoric matches the reality. Let's call it keeping MA as honest as possible or alternatively helping them with spring cleaning on systems that haven't been properly finished.

Nope I take anything but the ostritch approach. As far as decays getting nerfed they just adjust down returns a tad if you have these attached. They dont have to actually SHOW us how they nerf things. As long as the wording or visible numbers never change most people see this as nothing has changed.

As for keeping them "honest" they dont have an honest bone in their whole organization. Hearing and believing that MA did not make any adverse changes at any point in time is like the virgin believing youll only stick the head in story.

To address the making MA do anything.. well they have their agenda. What we say here or do will NEVER change that. All the threads with the polls and petitions make me laugh. Im fairly sure they laugh at MA as well. Everyone posting in here regarding this or any other change that will benifit us the players is sadly dilliusional if you remotely think they will make a change that will let us grow past the limits they have set long before we ever came to EU.

Little things like scopes and laser effecting play are more smoke screens to hide wha the other hand is doing while we all focus on this particular one.

Nope I take anything but the ostritch approach. As far as decays getting nerfed they just adjust down returns a tad if you have these attached.

Lol. Okay, tin foil hat/poor software design conspiracies aside, AFAIK there's not been any casual changes to decay statistics. The Axe 0x1 "nerf" happened before my time but i think it's pretty clear that it was indeed the correction of a bug (one that was left uncorrected for a long time, yes). In this case the decay is tiny and the effect (if any) is also tiny, so the need/motive for a change to decay seems minimal.

Little things like scopes and laser effecting play are more smoke screens to hide wha the other hand is doing while we all focus on this particular one.

The great thing about being curious (or OCD if you like) about details is that your pet peeves can be smoke screens. :yay:

Back on topic a bit: has anyone else received a support case like Legion's? His track record for putting facts and posts together is not great.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

*shrug* Scopes, Laser, Luck? Who knows? Guess need 1k samples for proof, but hey....that would just fuel the tinfoil hat section :D

I use em, coz I like the looks :)

*shrug* Scopes, Laser, Luck? Who knows? Guess need 1k samples for proof, but hey....that would just fuel the tinfoil hat section :D

I use em, coz I like the looks :)

Yeah an isolated event among literally millions does not constitute proof or even evidence lol. Congrats on your loot. :)

I actually changed my clothes the other day, so i'm guilty of paying taxes for looking cool (or not :laugh:), but did so without any expectation of clothes doing anything besides looking different. There's no x% Skill Modification on clothes.

My question is:

Why doesnt the % a scope/sight adds land on the range and HA/CHA??

The enhancers do and they are also controlled by a % for that specific enhancer you chose I, II, III, IIII etc.

So my guess is that it doesnt have any impact and never had, just a fancy % get shown on the weapon.

It might also be that since they increase the decay a little it might help out in loot (like a very small amp in mining, you get it?)

Back