How Much is 1 million Nova Fragments worth?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ah!! I see, clever man that Einstein. What was his IQ ;)

only 1 point below mine I believe ;)

IQ isn't the perfect measure of how bright you are. Just a measure of how fast your brain works really. With more effort and time people can beat people with higher IQ's quite easily.

IQ isn't a measure of how bright you are. Just a measure of how well you can score at IQ tests

Hear hear. I was feeling the same way myself. I also didn't think it was a measure of how quick your brain is (which to me doesn't equate to intelligence either), but more of spatial capacity.

Being able to add up 17 numbers quicker than someone else might be a measure of brain SPEED (which probably correlates but doesn't necessarily have the causal link with intelligence that Marie infers), but picking the odd one out, or working out which pattern is a mixup of another, is more of a spatial awareness thing, and my understanding is that this is more of what an IQ test is directed at discovering.

Otherwise IQ tests would simply be a speed test, and the time taken to complete the test would be a factor in the score...

Hear hear. I was feeling the same way myself. I also didn't think it was a measure of how quick your brain is (which to me doesn't equate to intelligence either), but more of spatial capacity.

Being able to add up 17 numbers quicker than someone else might be a measure of brain SPEED (which probably correlates but doesn't necessarily have the causal link with intelligence that Marie infers), but picking the odd one out, or working out which pattern is a mixup of another, is more of a spatial awareness thing, and my understanding is that this is more of what an IQ test is directed at discovering.

Otherwise IQ tests would simply be a speed test, and the time taken to complete the test would be a factor in the score...

Essentially that is what I meant. Sorry for being quite vague. By speed I didn't necessarily mean the speed in which you can do something, like add a bunch of numbers up, but more the speed in which you can link two ideas together to get another idea. Taking mental arithmetic for an example, most people can write a bunch of numbers in a column add the first digits together then add the next and so on at a reasonable speed. What someone with a higher IQ does is learns the shortcuts to making that process quicker than someone with a lower IQ. Ie when you are adding 39 you actually add 40 and take 1. Everyone can learn those shortcuts with practice, a person with a higher IQ just learns those shortcuts sooner/quicker

Effort and time spent learning can therefore blur the boundaries between the IQ values and make someone with a high IQ appear to have the same intelligence as someone of a lower IQ. The reason IQ tests usually (but not always) manage to get a reasonably accurate value is because they try to present you with problems you have never seen before and therefore do not necessarily know what idea's you are meant to be linking together.

On the note of time. You usually have a time limit for answering a full test and on the test I did my time taken was recorded.

The essential point I was trying to make though is that IQ has very little point but for bragging rights. In most rl situations it has very little correlation to how well you do. Experience is a much more valuable thing.

is it me or what?

this guy (the OP) thinks that you can sell at a very large quantity for above MU??

is it me or what?

this guy (the OP) thinks that you can sell at a very large quantity for above MU??

No....

i mostly want to know who has the Ped Power to buy such a high amount. at a resonable MU.

and do you even know what the true MU really is?

Currently i only feel the MU for novas is 10000% to 16000%....

the only problem is. i keep buying more at this price range. and people keep selling in theis range. So does that mean this is the real price?

Last edited:
whats the bid at so far? last i saw it was still less then 100ped in auction..

My guess is they'll be used as turn-ins for some mentor type weapons (as rewards for questing) so they'll be worth a bit more and you'll be sorry you sold them ;)

My guess is they'll be used as turn-ins for some mentor type weapons (as rewards for questing) so they'll be worth a bit more and you'll be sorry you sold them ;)

Odds are i will most likely end up buying them back in the long run. and this whole ordeal with end up costing me a few thousand ped. no biggie.

I hereby hold the of nova less than dung!... gimme me dung or no nova shit at all :laugh:

With more effort and time people can beat people with higher IQ's quite easily.
With more time and effort it would not be fair.
People with a higher IQ would use those to gain even more distance.

Everyone can learn those shortcuts with practice
Some ppl see, some ppl learn and others will continue to fail regardless of practice and effort.

I dont get why you guys are talking about IQ. in a nova thread. but its interesting to read. :D

I dont get why you guys are talking about IQ. in a nova thread. but its interesting to read. :D

Sorry for dreailing your thread it was my fault for mentioning I had a high IQ. People then rushed to say it didn't mean anything then a bunch of people rushed to say it did. I went somewhere in the middle and didn't manage to explain it ok.

Basically no one agrees.

Now lets get back onto Nova talk. I seriously hope you get a decent offer for it Lorespade. How long left on the auction?

Sorry for dreailing your thread it was my fault for mentioning I had a high IQ. People then rushed to say it didn't mean anything then a bunch of people rushed to say it did. I went somewhere in the middle and didn't manage to explain it ok.

Basically no one agrees.

Now lets get back onto Nova talk. I seriously hope you get a decent offer for it Lorespade. How long left on the auction?

3 days.

You know i hope i get a decent offer on it as well. becouse if i dont that will really put a damper on me buying more novas for the rest of the month. So when the sale settles into the MU calculator. the lower this sale is. the harder it will be to bring the price back up to what it is now.

the lower this sale is. the harder it will be to bring the price back up to what it is now.

how about you apply your "I am in your Market Raising your Prices!" technique on the nova??

how about you apply your "I am in your Market Raising your Prices!" technique on the nova??

Hmmmm. lets see.

I wonder how low prices would drop.... if i didnt buy any more novas. at all.

i dont want to disrespect you. but you are lacking in all the information. most people are. the hard bitter reality of whats going on.

These novas.... are not for profit. these novas I am only buying 1st and formost to give everyone else but me.... Some monetary value on the novas held at a certain rate..

I am buying them. as the top investor. in other words when a reseller is buying novas on the streat and places them in the market, if it is within "My range" i will buy it.

So i am giving money hand over fist to resellers. in the hopes that they will give the hunters a decent return on them as well.

Now if something spectacular happens and i make a profit from them thats cool... But i am not counting on it.. I can hope... but reality dictates that i am just tossing my money away.

But i am not doing this tossing money away without True loss. I am really learning how much other people know and understand what the economics in this game is really about. Becouse sadly i already know. and doing what i am know just conferms it.

And for the last time.... Novas have nothing to do with Raising prices on other goods...... And if i told you the shady shit i am doing in the other markets some people wouldnt like it at all. Some would though.....

i wouldn't call buying out nova's on auction then dumping them below cost investing really.. actually.. i don't know what i'd call that.. anyone?

From what I can gather Lorespade essentially the whole point of this has been to try and encourage more money to go from the resellers pockets to the hunters pockets and that now if those hunters help you to raise the markup of these novas it will then hopefully continue that trend.

It also seems to be an attempt at fixing a minimum price for nova's kind of like how sweat managed to stick at .5 for ages before people would let it drop any lower. Even if that means quite a few people store lots of sweat until the get .5 for it.

Essentially if this works Lorespade will actually be doing hunters a favour.

Burning money lol :D

We need to +rep OP, he is doing us a favor :D he is buring PED for our sake!
quick, stock pile nova while you can! :yay:

We need to +rep OP, he is doing us a favor :D he is buring PED for our sake!
quick, stock pile nova while you can! :yay:

Interesting.

sounds good plus rep me. lol

but seriously i am really worried about this million novas. i dont know but i do know for a fact that i have made some people just a little bit richer, but sadly the people i gave money to. seem to think i deserved to lose my money. very interesting... Becouse if you ever looted and sold a nova fragment to someone... Odds are you got paid with a little bit of my money.

Very odd indeed

Since the missions my frags have just been piling up in storage, though some were tt'd on random occasions for random reasons.
They're figuratively worthless, to me anyway. So no, I ain't receive none'a yo monies... 'money'.
Maybe I shoulda put them up after all hehe, but then I might feel guilty*...

*no I wouldn't lol

Since the missions my frags have just been piling up in storage, though some were tt'd on random occasions for random reasons.
They're figuratively worthless, to me anyway. So no, I ain't receive none'a yo monies... 'money'.
Maybe I shoulda put them up after all hehe, but then I might feel guilty*...

*no I wouldn't lol

I think you've slightly missed the point Profit. He's doing this to deliberatly make you money so go sell them and get some of that money Lorespade is trying to get to the hunters and stop bashing him for not having any common sense. He's got plenty. It's the people here that haven't realised he intends the hunters to take advantage of him holding up the nova price, not just call him stupid and move on.

I think you've slightly missed the point Profit. He's doing this to deliberatly make you money so go sell them and get some of that money Lorespade is trying to get to the hunters and stop bashing him for not having any common sense. He's got plenty. It's the people here that haven't realised he intends the hunters to take advantage of him holding up the nova price, not just call him stupid and move on.

Thank you :D

591 ped

it looks like

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back