Neg rep and fear of retaliation.

Are you afraid of retaliation neg rep...

• Total voters

hojlund

Old Alpha
Society
RELICS
Off "hojlund" Trail
Seeing this thread https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/discoveries/188446-ul-mindark-104-a-12.html#post2431237 made me want to neg rep like crazy but i did not, partly because i was a whimp and afraid to get neg rep back. So i made a post in public instead about my thoughts on the baviour shown and got a neg rep anyways :p

So my question is are you afraid of the EF Bullies?

Now please all the good folks out there not posting enough or not neg repping enough out of fear or despise towards the narrow minded people out there come forward and do what is right!

Your neg reps cannot harm me, ..."my wings are like a shield of steel"... :D

As long as you are polite and stand behind your opinions, a little neg rep should not bother you. I have had my share of neg reps over the years, and have passed on a few myself. I do not do it lightly and I have spread much more positive rep than negative.

Cheers :beerchug:

I think if im going to give neg rep, its for a reason and the -rep in return should be expected I guess. :p

+reps ftw! xD

There have been a few times I saw a post I wanted to neg rep but didn't due to a possible conflict from it. It wasn't for fear of getting a neg rep back, but more of a desire to not get into a huge mess over a post on a gaming forum.

From reading the forums I've seen particular instances (and people) that spiral out of control because of neg reps... and I like to avoid that brand of drama.

Granted sometimes I just get impulsive ;)

I don't like to give neg reps though some ppl should get them... also for posts in thread Hojl linked.
It's sad to see that jealous people can write things like that in discoveries section... When one gets nice loot one wants to hear "gratz" and deserves gratz. This section is not a place for whining and crying.
If people can't stand it and have to whine about others being lucky they should simply shut up, close EF and go for a long walk to calm down...

I don't give neg reps because I don't like to give them. Plus I think most people would neg rep me back even knowing they deserved to be neg repped... just to show that they are angry and that they can do it.
It's good we have the possibility to neg rep, but most ppl can't take it as a constructive criticism, they will take it as a hit in a face... dunno why really...

Meh, I have gotten revenge-reps, PMs, visitor messages before I put that to "friends only", posts, threads, etc etc...

I have even been threatened, harassed and stuff like that because of a single neg-rep :rolleyes:

I really don't take it so seriously :D

I always rep when it's deserved. If it's positive or negative, i don't care.
However some people get very touched when receiving a -rep. I actually thing it's a goods sign that they retaliate with a negrep so i can so they care.

But seriously it's very childisch to -rep some post made back some months, just to -rep back.

I once got a -rep from somebody on a post where it gratzed him. I mean how low can you go. He then made effort in spreading rep so he could -rep me again :laugh:

My opinions are too wild for people to grasp, so people sometimes negrep me. I disregard it after a few seconds, since I don't like to deal with ignorance.

One reason why I see so many negreps is because people mistake opinion with fact.

I fear no man, a few women thou....

I dont often neg rep, i have recieved a few from self rightiuos bastards, and i have been tempted alot to give them neg rep back, but i have most often refrained.

...., they will take it as a hit in a face... dunno why really...

True, but a good punch can be awesome feeling too, especialy when they angry retaliate back, means you hited well :D :yay:

The people who deserve a neg rep are usually some poor kids so it's kinda given they neg rep you back in a random post.

They just can't take the hit and they must feel like they did something other than just let it go..

I always neg rep when its right imo.

I never -rep people for a honest opinion even though I might not agree as long as it is withing certain standards, else I neg.

I aget em back alot, but then again my rep power is so much bigger then theirs :evilking:

I have retalliate neg repped at times because people -repped me something as saying that i dont agree this is a "scam" or beeing whatever so yeah suck it idc:rolleyes:

I almost gave you a -rep for cowardice. Give -rep where appropriate without being a jackass and it should be no problem. If someone harasses you for it, report them.

What I dont appreciate is abuse of -neg rep. Negative by same user on a regular basis to another targetted user is unacceptable - and needs to be changed.

Perhaps only allow 1 negative per same user-to-user per month.

Also add a REPORT ABUSE button.

Using neg rep is for retards with no ability to argue for their own standpoint but instead trys to scared people off by giving them a lesser number of rep on a forum on the internet. dosn't sound so bad at all, does it?

You are all free to neg-rep people as long as they fall into and within the rules of doing so.
Also, don't neg rep people doing the same as you sometimes do.
For example, seeing me negrep someone for making a off-topic post would make me a stupid retard and hypocrite.

Treat people as you want them to treat you. :)
I only use the rep system when i dissagree with someone and want that person especially to read what i say; then i do a + rep and writ a comment in it with my thoughts.

Use it as you feel is right within the rules given, as long as you got a reasonable explanation for what you do, i see no problem with it.
People being a ass isn't enough to neg rep them thought. :p

SHORT VERSION; Be a man and argue for your point of view insted of neg repping people who are speaking their mind.

I only neg rep incase one is really offending another.

The unl MA-104 thread isn't really offending to the guy who got it.. well at least as far as I been reading comments (few pages)

just a bunch of very upset & frustrated ppl which i would have been part of if I wasn't lucky with my ATH.

I believe when someone gives his opinion a neg rep can never be given to the guy unless he is insulting him directly in his words and not like: fucking noobs get it all damn MA.. - that's more frustration & insults to MA then to the guy himself.

That would never get neg rep from me.

If someone said: fucking noob you fucking luckerd - it would definately get neg rep from me.

I have been harassed for neg reps in game and out. If they deserve it give it, who cares if you get one back.

I have been harassed for neg reps in game and out. If they deserve it give it, who cares if you get one back.

ofc it's like that! but some do care a lot about their virtual reputation...

I had 1 neg rep but the same post gave me 1 +rep :)

well often am thinking that we have to fit a way of thinking to get +rep; saying to have fear of neg rep would be too much, but limiting my free opinions, probably sometimes, rarely.

Have never felt the need to give a neg rep and haven't received one yet. Not really something I think about so far. If I got one I wld probably respond in kind. :)

Have never felt the need to give a neg rep and haven't received one yet. Not really something I think about so far. If I got one I wld probably respond in kind. :)

OMG! Neg rep on you, what a bad thing to say! ;)

I rarely -rep. If someone has made a post in public it deserves to be answered in public IMHO.
After all, open discussion is the whole point of a forum isn't it?

I rarely -rep. If someone has made a post in public it deserves to be answered in public IMHO.
After all, open discussion is the whole point of a forum isn't it?

O___O! IT IS?! hey btw ;D long time.

as the old saying goes... Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one....

Neg rep happens... sometimes your opinion differs from another's. Should that stop you from making a post, or commenting? It's only a neg rep. It doesn't hurt you for real.. it doesn't scar.... or even tickle. So just be you and let the chips... or the reps fall where they may. :)

I really don't care. I got more +reps then -reps anyways. My forum rep doesn't really mean a whole lot. As long as I have three bars to bid in Mercury's threads, I'm good... :laugh:

Rep probably doesn't mean a whole lot to other people as well, but seeing that little red dot next to a comment has to invoke some type of psychological response... that's all I use it for...

Neg rep happens... sometimes your opinion differs from another's.

if folks are giving neg rep for opinions, that is a misuse of the system... constructive debate is part of the reason people read a forum..

the only reason to neg rep is if someone is really being abusive or insulting

Should that stop you from making a post, or commenting?

probably not... but being as how people have friends, neg repping someone can start feuds you didn't mean to start...

networking is important in game, and the community can be pretty cliquey...

Step 1 : Grow some balls (Ladies please disregard step 1)

Step 2 : Give neg reps

Step 3 :

Step 4 : Profit ! (just kidding)

Step 5 : Disregard retaliation -reps

Step 6 : You just won the internet! Congratulations

I don't REP

I do not rep, it is meaning less.

You can NOT change/control people, only can change/control yourself.

But I have a couple of EF followers, they do not agree every thing I say.

And I wait if they reply to this thread or not.

dandy

ahh ... douchebag of the week ! :yay:

I posted what an asshat move that was in the thread, as well as -rep'd him. of course, he sent one back, as expected - but it was worth it. :thumbup:

I speak my mind all the time and get -repped left and right :ahh:
... but my rep suffers, not. :)

I wish people would realize that -repping is 99.999999% of the time NOT personal and shouldn't be taken as such.

It's just a forum about a game ... :rolleyes:

long live free speech ! :cool:

Back