Asteroid 4 Sale!

Christ almighty it annoys me when people make posts like this! (Sorry Joske, but it really does! :D)

When will people learn you don't need to make you money back on an investment for it to be profitable.

Very fast easy example as I cant be arse to write an entire explination, but bottom line is:

ND sells it for a million dollars.
New buyer runs it for a month and makes five thousand dollars.
New buyer then resells it for a million dollars.

proft = $5k where do you get 24 yrs from???

Yes, the sale price can go down or up which effects the profit, but unless it becomes worth zero - which would never happen unless MA went bankrupt - then your calculations are meaningless.

When will people understand profit is different from income, Sale price is simply capital investment, NOT A COST!!!

I would buy it in a heart beat if I could raise the cash. I also think its a mistake to sell it.

I agree with you, but there is one major exception for this. You are completely reliant on MA and entropria staying in business in order to retain any value on the virtual spacerock. Its not like buying a building or products which will have some value if you go bust. If worse scenario happens, your investment will be nil (other than what you made while it was up and running). The major reliance on MA is the risky part, otherwise its a no brainer for any potential buyers. As long as MA and entropia remain healthy, then your investment retains value.

If I had the money to buy it I sure would, but only if I needed a place to put that money. I wouldn't sell everything I own IRL and take out a loan to buy it, but thats just me. In this case you are completely reliant on a company that tells you little and you have no control over. But as they say no risk no reward, so I wish whoever buys this the best of luck.

Christ almighty it annoys me when people make posts like this! (Sorry Joske, but it really does! :D)

When will people learn you don't need to make you money back on an investment for it to be profitable.

Very fast easy example as I cant be arse to write an entire explination, but bottom line is:

Yes, the sale price can go down or up which effects the profit, but unless it becomes worth zero - which would never happen unless MA went bankrupt - then your calculations are meaningless.

When will people understand profit is different from income, Sale price is simply capital investment, NOT A COST!!!

I would buy it in a heart beat if I could raise the cash. I also think its a mistake to sell it.

But now after it sells for 5million peds it never will be worth the half again, just the 5million ped is a sentimental value, - "To own the astorid some master gambler bought by mortcaging his house/car and such to buy CND" the best investment ingame." so therefor I dont even want to call it an investment but an old memory.

PS, I quoted wrong post and dont bother finding the right one

Last edited:
with the close ties between MA and ND I wouldn't bid one lousy penny for it, knowing MA's history of being 'impartial' towards big investors... I wouldn't be surprised if it went downhill after the sale with better mobs appearing on other planets. Oh well, why bother :silly2:

Reactions: Mac
WTS:

2 kidneys, liver, pancreas, one lung, 2 legs, and a left nut :silly2:

- Lot's of stir and hype here....

I'm not questioning the price (seems reasonable), I'm questioning if its a REAL bid...

You're new to these parts, i see. :) Or i would guess so but it appears not.

Mr. Ruga has no cause to jest.

Ok, I agree. Up to certain point. As I had considered those things but indeed not put them in my calc. (I know, it's a bit of populism. But you get my point) Another thing is we spoke about 6 million $ not 1.

But in the end I am indeed suspecting that MA's project might seriously loose popularity in some years. Which would cause the price to go down heavily. As well in monthly revenues as in sales price.
Just have to admit: every good song has an end. And thus so has MA's. ;)

Though of course I hope it won't come to soon. :cool:

I agree with you, but there is one major exception for this. You are completely reliant on MA and entropria staying in business in order to retain any value on the virtual spacerock. Its not like buying a building or products which will have some value if you go bust. If worse scenario happens, your investment will be nil (other than what you made while it was up and running). The major reliance on MA is the risky part, otherwise its a no brainer for any potential buyers. As long as MA and entropia remain healthy, then your investment retains value.

This is just as wrong as saying that you need to make the investment back in x years from profits alone. You don't depend on MA staying in business at all, all you care about is continuity of Entropia Universe, specificly Calypso. MA could be sold, listed, taken private etc. any number of times without affecting the investment in the asteroid.

The question the investor really needs to ask is "how much revenue will the asteroid space resort need to generate for FPC+MA to stay healthy". That (and any discrepancy to the figure) will determine the value of the investment and its worth.

WOW this was a surprice to me :eek:
Though i can understand ur decion ND ;)

No way for me to make a offer sadly though :rolleyes: :laugh:

But Good luck with ur selling i belive u will get a good price unusure if it will be much more then the 5m that Dub offered so far though :D

Interesting points... Would be funny to have a virtual object in EU that is worth more on the market than the company itself...

:eek::eyecrazy: oohhh noooes someone must have cracked the gold card lol

jk

wow, i am suprised.

Good luck selling it.

where is the actually bid ?
i must say it realy nerves me to search a houre between all the nonsens posts for a bid. :eyecrazy:
to discuss this thread you can open an discuss thread!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
bump

where is the actually bid ?
i must say it realy nerves me to search a houre between all the nonsens posts for a bid. :eyecrazy:
to discuss this thread you can open an discuss thread!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
bump

5mil peds by Dub

Ok, I agree. Up to certain point. As I had considered those things but indeed not put them in my calc. (I know, it's a bit of populism. But you get my point) Another thing is we spoke about 6 million $ not 1.

But in the end I am indeed suspecting that MA's project might seriously loose popularity in some years. Which would cause the price to go down heavily. As well in monthly revenues as in sales price.
Just have to admit: every good song has an end. And thus so has MA's. ;)

Though of course I hope it won't come to soon. :cool:

Yeah, slowly but surely it will die... I am with you on that!

I think enough business in there to make a quick killing though. $5 or $1 million the example hold though. (I just plucked an amount from thin air! :D)

If I had the cash, I would buy it, milk it for all its worth and sell within 1-2 years for a better return than you would ever get in a bank. I don't think the value of the asteroid would rop that heavily in that time.

Could be wrong if planets start failing though!! :laugh:

In the mean time good luck Jon!

if it was me i'd have MA slap a 1month auction on that.

might get a bid war at the end that would be quite interesting

with the close ties between MA and ND I wouldn't bid one lousy penny for it, knowing MA's history of being 'impartial' towards big investors... I wouldn't be surprised if it went downhill after the sale with better mobs appearing on other planets. Oh well, why bother :silly2:

Why is ND still waiting for that stadium then ?? I think he is threated like any other player, only difference is that he has closer lines.

As for the MA/FPC being "impartial" part, investments always have a risk. But i think someone who really manage it well can make more out of it then ND is doing.

But 500k$ is a serious amount of money :laugh:

So, why the first and only bid in the thread is 5 mil?

I smell an egg here...;)

Because dub doesnt want to stat from 10ped and rise it 1ped at a time?

He knows the value and is ready to pay for it.

If I had 5 million and one ped i'd overbid him...

Because dub doesnt want to stat from 10ped and rise it 1ped at a time?

He knows the value and is ready to pay for it.

If I had 5 million and one ped i'd overbid him...

If I was willing to spend that much I'd be talking directly to Marco and see if he'd build me an entirely new continent to my design ;)

True you'd of made 0.5% return on the one month of owning the rock... But like many said... owning something in-game is risky... and something like this might not be as liquidable as say something owned in a RL financial market... Of course he could keep it and sell it aftewards... to many people itd be nice to clear the costs so that if MA did go belly up the next day you can say you got your investment paid for... as MA will not cover the "new value" of the rock since it wasn't their sale price.

As for the price of this... hard to say... I dont hunt or mine... but I know like someone stated... CND mining is mostly globs/hofs... so the mining stats are pretty dead on... as people amp up there and small hits are far and few between not like the planet...

Hunting I have no idea what people get in globs/normal loot division or how much globs tend to represent.

Anyways... Id say this is going to be worth at least $500,000 to $750,000... I think even then its a bit risky as generally itll be close to a 5 year return investment... super good RL investment.. but lots of factors are in this.... Then you've got your dry summer months like the rest of EU.... where CND becomes quite quiet...

GL to whoever buys it...

Interesting points... Would be funny to have a virtual object in EU that is worth more on the market than the company itself...

Interesting.. does anyone have an idea what MindArk's estimated "value" is?

Interesting.. does anyone have an idea what MindArk's estimated "value" is?

Off the top of my head the profit last year was about 63mSEK which at the time I think roughly translated to about US13m... so if you're going to base its value on that alone, at say 3-7 times annual profit, I guess you're talking somewhere in the $80m ballpark.

Personally I'd expect that figure would be laughed at by anyone involved, who has a significant shareholding, because of the potential the business has in the future as more planets come on board.

So yeah, no idea really... would love to find out what others think.

But we're :offtopic: so maybe a different thread would be a better place for it.

CND is the most valuable thing there is ingame, and much much better investment then planet, because its so popular and its safe investment in that way.

I would think Planet Calypso is currently by far the most valuable virtual asset in the Entropia Universe.

I would think Planet Calypso is currently by far the most valuable virtual asset in the Entropia Universe.

I'm pretty sure that the post was regarding assets that you could actually own some day.
Calypso, as far as I'm aware - and correct me if I'm wrong, but - is and always will be, owned by a subsidiary of MA (at this time, FPC).
So yes, CND is currently the most valuable asset (speculatively speaking) in EU, as far as trade-able assets are concerned.

lol, I think calypso wont be for sale never. I agree with Deeveon, that CND is the most valuable thing ingame.

Goodluck with sale NeverDie. :wtg:

I know a way to make atleast 70.000ped a month for an investment of around 600.000 - 750.000peds. witch do not include buying the Asteroid.

Maybe Buzz should buy the rock....And try 2 connect it with some kind of virtual bridge with CP:lolup:

Back