PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Sir Valentin
    Society
    Experia
    Images
    the problem with all scope or laser sight was that stood in their explanation that they was "Skill Modification" on them but when a player proved that they did not receive any additional skill points when the have scope or laser sight on the weapons then revised MA to that which you can read about here.

By Bertha Bot
    The Support team has received numerous support cases inquiring about the functionality of weapon attachments lately. To meet the demand of the community, and to clear out a previously communicated misunderstanding, we have decided to provide some more information on the subject. As always, the details we provide are limited, but we hope they will shed some light on the issue.

Apart from the advantageous visual information that you receive when using scopes and laser sights, such attachments affect your ability to aim, as explained in the Items Info. We have realized that this information is unclear today and you will therefore see an update of this information in an upcoming release.

A previously given reply in a support case stated that a scope or laser sight “only affects the effective range of the weapon”. This was unfortunately an erroneous and poorly informed statement. We would like to apologize for publishing this misinformation and for any confusion caused by it.

And not only that, we got a nerfs "the mob is not in range" that forced us to move closer to the animal and get more damage on our armor.

One of the many reasons I've always admired you.Your willingness to put VERY hard work into this Universe. Words from a player in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by valentin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By Bertha Bot

Apart from the advantageous visual information that you receive when using scopes and laser sights, such attachments affect your ability to aim, as explained in the Items Info.
    This explains everything, thats why i cracked a record of 5 misses in a row when i started using 2 hunnirs with Jzar scope... So what do they really do?
    Last edited by DISABLED; 10-17-2013 at 13:21.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Paul Crystal Thunder
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DISABLED View Post
    This explains everything, thats why i cracked a record of 5 misses in a row when i started using 2 hunnirs with Jzar scope... So what do they really do?
    probably this:

total skill level = Skill level + (skill mod % * current distance of mob attacked / max range of weapon)

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    Apart from the advantageous visual information that you receive when using scopes and laser sights, such attachments affect your ability to aim, as explained in the Items Info. We have realized that this information is unclear today and you will therefore see an update of this information in an upcoming release.
    This explains why we have so small hit boxes now !

Sir Valentin
    Society
    Experia
    Images
    Please MA dont Lie ( This was unfortunately an erroneous and poorly informed statement. We would like to apologize for publishing this misinformation and for any confusion ).

It is clear " Skill Modification " a player proved that you do not get some skills if you use a scope, then you at MA invent that it “only affects the effective range of the weapon” at the same time you invent a nerfs " not in range".

So what use do we got of “only affects the effective range of the weapon” when the mob is "out of range" all along......

One of the many reasons I've always admired you.Your willingness to put VERY hard work into this Universe. Words from a player in this game.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    I remember reading somewhere that 1) attachments have no effect on maxed weapons and 2) the effect has the maximum strength at the maximum range and decreases as the mob comes closer.

So from [1] I assume it improves your Aim skill by the indicated Skill Mod % and thus decreases number of "MISS"-es (which happen now only on unmaxed weapons) and because of [2] I use it only on taggers that I haven't maxed out yet (Bravo in the past and SR47 now).

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gill Greed Gush
    Society
    Freelancer
    i use scope because it makes aiming with long range rifle so so easy.

laser sight looks very cool too.
    hardly could find any info elsewhere...any update or change since 2013 ??

i can only rely on tests with maxed weapons and there scopes n sights (apart from the +crit ones) have zero impact on anything. neither on hitrate, nor on skillgains. i couldnt even recognize any higher loot due to the increased decay, though the reason might be that the decay is too little to recognize it anyway.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gill Greed Gush
    Society
    Freelancer
    sad to hear
    clarification or changing on this kind of basic system should be prioritized as much as space improvement.
    i may have laser sight solely just for fun then...thx for the reply !

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Side Slay Show
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    I dont think there is one scope that has the correct aim ingame. You can test this by shooting something thin from far away and you will miss, but if you set it little bit on the side you hit it.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast