What does scopes and laser sights really do?

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The Support team has received numerous support cases inquiring about the functionality of weapon attachments lately. To meet the demand of the community, and to clear out a previously communicated misunderstanding, we have decided to provide some more information on the subject. As always, the details we provide are limited, but we hope they will shed some light on the issue.

Apart from the advantageous visual information that you receive when using scopes and laser sights, such attachments affect your ability to aim, as explained in the Items Info. We have realized that this information is unclear today and you will therefore see an update of this information in an upcoming release.

A previously given reply in a support case stated that a scope or laser sight “only affects the effective range of the weapon”. This was unfortunately an erroneous and poorly informed statement. We would like to apologize for publishing this misinformation and for any confusion caused by it.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
{moved to OP. Thanks}

Last edited by a moderator:
two pacifier threads in a row??? awesome.

/me sucks thumb waiting on the real info to come.

I look forward to seeing what they do with this in the future update.

gee, how long can it take to provide us with the actual darn information??

Reactions: das
lemme guess, a shitload of ppl said "if that's the way they work, fuck it"
now MA has less decay so it's time to actually do something?
I wonder what they will come up with

i see ppls are doing panic sales on high end scopes and laser sights

edit:

:ahh: the other way

gee, how long can it take to provide us with the actual darn information??
it takes time to go to all the security measures at MA to prevent giving info to staff which isn't cleared

numerous tests have to be passed successfully
blood test, to see DNA etc., urine test, retina scan, fingerprint just to name a few

once this high security check was passed, Joe the janitor is allowed to take his key and open the achives for the staff in question :silly2:

Well it is a good thing they will give us some more information. Also proofs they somtimes pay good attention on what we want. Only it all should go a little bit faster sometimes :D

i think we should assume that star submitted a trouble ticket about this.

* deleted *

Last edited:
Oh dear ... it must be a very troubling undertaking to get to the vault of information ... I picture it going something like this ...

[YOUTUBE]AvMj5LuT5hk[/YOUTUBE]

*this was my socmate Mac's brilliant idea*

it takes time to go to all the security measures at MA to prevent giving info to staff which isn't cleared

numerous tests have to be passed successfully
blood test, to see DNA etc., urine test, retina scan, fingerprint just to name a few

once this high security check was passed, Joe the janitor is allowed to take his key and open the achives for the staff in question :silly2:

lol :D

Well it is a good thing they will give us some more information. Also proofs they somtimes pay good attention on what we want. Only it all should go a little bit faster sometimes :D

Only due to that they got numerous tickets sent to support about it.

About as long as it takes for you to provide a working model of one of your theories ;)
haha good one, however my stuff does work :)

I read it a couple of times now and still, I can see absolutely no more information than before.
Actually we are at square 1 again, because it seems that the answer from support was not correct. If attachments would influence the Aim skill, it should change your hitprofession. If it simply affects your effective damage, that would have been proven by the tests done (higher average damage). It does not affect missed shots or number of criticals either.
If MA does not want to talk about it at all, I would conclude that attachments do absolutely nothing at all except produce decay.
A scope might be useful for tagging and checking Line-of-sight, but the laser sights are just for decoration.

I read it again and indeed no new information atm. But they say they wil release some info so I'm hoping for the best :rolleyes:

I read it a couple of times now and still, I can see absolutely no more information than before.

We have realized that this information is unclear today and you will therefore see an update of this information in an upcoming release.

hmm.. maybe they were to lazy to design a function for them? and now that everybody asks they are somewhat forced to design a function.

hmm.. maybe they were to lazy to design a function for them? and now that everybody asks they are somewhat forced to design a function.

thats my guess as well.. since vu10 they actually do nothing.. and just now they are working out what they should make them do.. thats why they have no information yet.

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np4uGXi2gT8&feature=related] 0.o [/YOUTUBE]

:confused::eek::ahh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I re-read the opening post after a while to try and figure the point of it, and am still confused lol. Why can't MA just tell us if they going to anyway, it doesn't have to be highly accurate information. Just a general outline would be ok, even if the damn things haven't been working since VU 10 - why not just tell us lol.
Also if aim is improved then why have the latest tests shown no improvement on misses? :D
I await the next installment with anticipation. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac
after my calculations.laser and scopes make hit ability skill ( not the critical hit) goin up with the respective procent..22, 25,,56..etc..with a max of 61%(2xjakth+1 jzar) ..or so..if i remember corectly...and this only for old UL guns

my opinion ofc:p

Back