What does scopes and laser sights really do?

i didnt do the test myself but a 100% trustworthy person, who shares ALL of his data so socmates did. and that guy tracks every fucking milipec spend and is really really accurate when he does these tests.
and he did it over 40k peds spend with and without them and the difference was so absolutely minimal that it is statistically insignificant.

i didnt do the test myself but a 100% trustworthy person, who shares ALL of his data so socmates did. and that guy tracks every fucking milipec spend and is really really accurate when he does these tests.
and he did it over 40k peds spend with and without them and the difference was so absolutely minimal that it is statistically insignificant.

As said before, the benefits are Minor, Very Minor, so decide if that decay is worth it to you or not.

I also track every PEC
Ok that's all from me atm, gl outhere ;)

Maybe a stupid question; did he do the tests with a maxed SIB weapon or an oldschool gun? (Or both?)

Why I ask, is that I would guess scopes don't do much good on a maxed SIB weapon; that they are most useful on an oldschool tagger.

Maybe a stupid question; did he do the tests with a maxed SIB weapon or an oldschool gun? (Or both?)

Why I ask, is that I would guess scopes don't do much good on a maxed SIB weapon; that they are most useful on an oldschool tagger.

he did the tests on a maxed sib weapon as basically everyone always uses those. and even if they would have an impact on non sib guns its still not recommended using non maxed guns anyway...

he did the tests on a maxed sib weapon as basically everyone always uses those. and even if they would have an impact on non sib guns its still not recommended using non maxed guns anyway...

and i thought the thread is about the scopes (Post a reply to the thread: What does scopes and laser sights really do?) not if non SIB old guns are good or bad.

and i thought the thread is about the scopes (Post a reply to the thread: What does scopes and laser sights really do?) not if non SIB old guns are good or bad.

i dont know if you try to intentionally be stupid or not but the difference between sib and non sib obviously has something to do with the usefulness (or uselessness) of scopes n sights...
now i feel stupid too as i have to explain this...

i dont know if you try to intentionally be stupid or not but the difference between sib and non sib obviously has something to do with the usefulness (or uselessness) of scopes n sights...
now i feel stupid too as i have to explain this...

funny , i had the same question for you.
If we talk about scopes why do you bring in discussion what you think about other gunS?

too bored to scroll all the pages
Aren't lasers and scopes (except the crit ones) used during SIB period to can benefit from SIB and still use the weapon about as max ?

too bored to scroll all the pages
Aren't lasers and scopes (except the crit ones) used during SIB period to can benefit from SIB and still use the weapon about as max ?

If that was the case, then adding laser/scopes would increase ha/cha . It doesn't even change color. It doesn't work like that.

funny , i had the same question for you.
If we talk about scopes why do you bring in discussion what you think about other gunS?

you must be trolling... i even explained it to you and you still dont get it? better stop feeding the trolls.

the difference between sib and non sib obviously has something to do with the usefulness (or uselessness) of scopes n sights...

To be honest, this has completly nothing to do with it.
50% would agree, 50% would disagree :laugh:

So either you see how the game works, or not.

Ofc everyone can think what they want, I believe no one, I only believe myself, that's exactly why I will never ask any advice anyway.

To be honest, this has completly nothing to do with it.
50% would agree, 50% would disagree :laugh:

So either you see how the game works, or not.

Ofc everyone can think what they want, I believe no one, I only believe myself, that's exactly why I will never ask any advice anyway.

50% would say that you add nothing to the discussion 80% of the time ;)

If that was the case, then adding laser/scopes would increase ha/cha . It doesn't even change color. It doesn't work like that.

did u tried to use a weapon with sib that u don't have maxed without scope and with scope?
I did... and from what I saw, it was better dmg and hit with scope and lasers. Used 2 bull eyes 8 and a jzar.

50% would say that you add nothing to the discussion 80% of the time ;)

And I said before, it's not my task to educate people, no one is going to get any data from me.
And maybe people just don't get what i'm talking about, I can't help that either.
And sorry that I was trying to give my opinion. You seem to be one of those that want it served on a silverplate ;)
GL with that.

50% would say that you add nothing to the discussion

Let me correct that number for you, make it more like 95%

Last edited by a moderator:
even if they would have an impact on non sib guns its still not recommended using non maxed guns anyway...

I would consider this:
- I've never seen any hit ability better than 10/10
(There are enhancers though for crit hit ability that makes it go above 10/10)
- Scopes and lasers were designed Before SIB weapons were ingame (and, I'd guess, long Before first player had naturally maxed the ingame guns). That is, pretty much anyone had use for scopes/lasers back then.

Also consider that the way the scopes/lasers work, giving the full advantage on full distance, they are best used on long range taggers; weapons that usually aren't maxed for low-mid level players (Before they have skills to use the repairable howler). The weapon type I mean is the commonly availible marber bravo. Also, for the happy owners, they probably are useful on marber tango rifle.

When SIB weapons came into game and people asked if to put laser and sight on an opalo, my rationale was that Opalo is already maxed (max hit ability), so putting scope/laser on it wouldn't give any additional advantage. It would just cost decay.

Especially if you Think about the "additional skill" a scope/laser gives. Let's say you use a weapon that maxes at level 5. Then, as soon as you are above level 5 (or, to be safe, level 6), then being at level 10 or 30 doesn't make you hit better. This also mean, if you are at level 30, and you use a 3% skill bonus attachment, ending you up at effective level 30.9, doesn't change anything for you using that gun.

Though, if you want a "binocular", then you're free to put a scope on a cheap weapon. Or put scope on opalo if you hunt chirpies and need help to aim, or you simply want to look cool.

At the time Before the "opalo", it was said that scopes/lasers were good to use; that the decay was less than the advantage gained.

(Naturally, on a long range, if you want to do precise tagging and not use autoaim, at least scope on a tagging weapon is pretty much a must, possibly with exception of Eomon.)

Last edited:
Only uber attachments with noticeable buffs will bring you real difference in long run. All the regular Longreach 4 and Bullseye 8 etc. will give you a tiny skill increase bonus + tiny efficiency, but you loose average dpp as those ones does not increase damage and tend to decay, I didn't noticed increased hit rate at all in long run, ppl buying them and selling them after few days. :)

Last edited:
The thread that just wouldnt die.. Necroed from the past.

@DrEvil, thread was made during a time when scopes and lasers did not do anything in the stats of a weapon, yet Mindark claimed it did have advantages. Mindark changed it later to have stats altered when scopes/lasers were attached.

Only uber attachments with noticeable buffs will bring you real difference in long run. All the regular Longreach 4 and Bullseye 8 etc. will give you a tiny skill increase bonus + tiny efficiency, but you loose average dpp as those ones does not increase damage and tend to decay, I didn't noticed increased hit rate at all in long run, ppl buying them and selling them after few days. :)
Oh boy what a necro, didnt realise at first and wondered if Hanne is back in business

• Haha
Reactions: jak
Back