Popcorn Time!

Society
Death Unlimited
Johan Roadkill Deadmeat
Okey in lack of other things to do i thought i'd make a thread where people could post some sweet movie they like! kinda like the never ending " what floats your...." yeah we all know it

okey first movie i'd like to recommend is "Taken" came out in 08 (09 in the US)
i wont spoil anything but this is not just raw action brain dead movie it's smart and it is beyond badass!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvUxdQ4q-Lg

hmm embedd didn't work so you'll just have to click the link

so post away! so we can all get some movie tips of what to watch a rainy day =) and remember! you wouldn't download a car!

( I so would if i could )

Kabul Express

[YOUTUBE]NWSTWk3g59Q[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
"Law Abiding Citizen"

Its a completely new way to see things and how fucked up the world is, and its in the same spirit of badass as "Taken"

I really liked this movie hope you will enjoy it to.

Going through Bleach episodes these days :)

And now this song is permanently stuck because of it:
[YOUTUBE]Bqe48xKrmCs[/YOUTUBE]

:eyecrazy:

Not realy a movie but a serie called "Fringe". I just loved it :D Discovered it 2 weeks ago and now I already saw the seson finale of season 2 :yay:
[YOUTUBE]1M8Cv7pfogE[/YOUTUBE]

Taken was nice.

Old stuff that isn't too well known...the big hits that are still in circulation are a bit pointless to mention I guess. Films to return to.

True Romance
State of Grace
The Indian Runner
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Betty Blue
Rumble Fish

No - I just realized this list will be several pages. Another time, another venue ;)

Exotica, Trust, Hard Candy, F for Fake, anything Greenaway...there's just too much.

EDIT Recent fun? Cloverfield, District 9, Serenity, Donnie Darko, Children of Men, Star Trek; Nausicaa (re-release), The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Voices of a Distant Star, 5 Centimeters per Second; Wall-E, Up, Metropolis, The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, Coraline; Battle Royale; The Dark Knight, Iron Man; Core, 2012; that Bourne film, The Illusionist, The Prestige...

Bah. Again it's too long to list. There's been some good stuff in the Noughties.

Last edited:
ty every1 for the great advises =)

"Law Abiding Citizen"

Its a completely new way to see things and how fucked up the world is, and its in the same spirit of badass as "Taken"

I really liked this movie hope you will enjoy it to.

seen it it's awesome! i do love twist endings ;)

Going through Bleach episodes these days :)

And now this song is permanently stuck because of it:
[YOUTUBE]Bqe48xKrmCs[/YOUTUBE]

:eyecrazy:
bleach is epic :D havn't watched the last few episodes but i hear they are truly epical... and you also have my condolence for having that song stuck in your brain lol suicide is and option:D

Not realy a movie but a serie called "Fringe". I just loved it :D Discovered it 2 weeks ago and now I already saw the seson finale of season 2 :yay:

a friend showed it to me last week really cool kinda like the X-files

D: you know i hate that movie

Taken was nice.

Old stuff that isn't too well known...the big hits that are still in circulation are a bit pointless to mention I guess. Films to return to.

True Romance
State of Grace
The Indian Runner
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Betty Blue
Rumble Fish

No - I just realized this list will be several pages. Another time, another venue ;)

Exotica, Trust, Hard Candy, F for Fake, anything Greenaway...there's just too much.

EDIT Recent fun? Cloverfield, District 9, Serenity, Donnie Darko, Children of Men, Star Trek; Nausicaa (re-release), The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Voices of a Distant Star, 5 Centimeters per Second; Wall-E, Up, Metropolis, The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, Coraline; Battle Royale; The Dark Knight, Iron Man; Core, 2012; that Bourne film, The Illusionist, The Prestige...

Bah. Again it's too long to list. There's been some good stuff in the Noughties.

many titles i hadn't even heard of cheers for the advise : D

"The Man From Earth"

About a guy who claims to have stayed alive since caveman times...really neat story. A 14,000 year old man. :D

ty every1 for the great advises =)

seen it it's awesome! i do love twist endings ;)

bleach is epic :D havn't watched the last few episodes but i hear they are truly epical... and you also have my condolence for having that song stuck in your brain lol suicide is and option:D

a friend showed it to me last week really cool kinda like the X-files

D: you know i hate that movie

many titles i hadn't even heard of cheers for the advise : D

how can you hate something created by George Lucas? :D

Fringe is a neat show

I like old movies like Lost Horizons

Give me more popcorn movies!

Fight Club.

Very interesting movie about how society is adapting, and how some people are going against it.

There's also The Boat That Rocked, a comedy about pirate radio in the UK, and how the government reacted to it.

Both are great movies, and I hope people take a look at them. I should try some of these. :)

a great movie I have watched over and over again for what must be getting close to a decade is Boondock Saints. Adore it!

how can you hate something created by George Lucas? :D

it was about midgets running around doing nothing!

a great movie I have watched over and over again for what must be getting close to a decade is Boondock Saints. Adore it!
yeah it's epic! the 2 movie was more like a comedy though although gotta love the Mexican guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BULVvXrACdk

Fight Club.

Very interesting movie about how society is adapting, and how some people are going against it.

There's also The Boat That Rocked, a comedy about pirate radio in the UK, and how the government reacted to it.

Both are great movies, and I hope people take a look at them. I should try some of these. :)

havn't seen the second movie but who does not love fightclub o_O

oh and i will give another sweet movie advice ;) thought i'd keep on in the same badass spirit as taken and recommend "From Paris with love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sLG0owba0E

it was about midgets running around doing nothing!

you haven't seen the movie have you? ;)
the movie is about the midget who finds the baby, he is forced by his village (the other people in the village force him because they are scared they all will die and since he found the child he don't have any choice.) to bring the child back home (to its throne cause it is a princess and the rightfull ruler.
While he do this he meet two fairys that decides to help him and a awfully lousy knight. Since the fairys are pranksters they like blowing love powder on people. Which makes the knight inlove with the enemy general. Which is also the daughter of the evil which (the enemy leader) on the way they meet the good which (which have been cursed and look like a goat because of the evil witch) so they try to stop the witch, by turning her daughetr against her. when they are going to turn the witch back they fail misrebly :D

how is that not to like? :D

EDIT: Damn you Johan! Making be argue why a movie is good :( when I don't like that many movies :cool:

you haven't seen the movie have you? ;)
the movie is about the midget who finds the baby, he is forced by his village (the other people in the village force him because they are scared they all will die and since he found the child he don't have any choice.) to bring the child back home (to its throne cause it is a princess and the rightfull ruler.
While he do this he meet two fairys that decides to help him and a awfully lousy knight. Since the fairys are pranksters they like blowing love powder on people. Which makes the knight inlove with the enemy general. Which is also the daughter of the evil which (the enemy leader) on the way they meet the good which (which have been cursed and look like a goat because of the evil witch) so they try to stop the witch, by turning her daughetr against her. when they are going to turn the witch back they fail misrebly :D

how is that not to like? :D

all i saw were a bunch of dancing dwarfs and a tall guy

oh and new movie recommendation! thought i'd change the theme by recommending "Final Fantasy Advent Children complete" many have probably seen the regular advent children but complete is even more awesome!

eerm yeah it's square enix official trailer without subs T_T but you try find a good quality trailer with eng subs or dub

[YOUTUBE]Qy9hiWlk8yk[/YOUTUBE]

WOHO i got the embedding work XD! success

Last edited:
all i saw were a bunch of dancing dwarfs and a tall guy

oh and new movie recommendation! thought i'd change the theme by recommending "Final Fantasy Advent Children complete" many have probably seen the regular advent children but complete is even more awesome!

eerm yeah it's square enix official trailer without subs T_T but you try find a good quality trailer with eng subs or dub

[YOUTUBE]Qy9hiWlk8yk&feature=fvw[/YOUTUBE]

that movie is yet another failure of making a movie out of a game ;) better than others, watchable but not great

that movie is yet another failure of making a movie out of a game ;) better than others, watchable but not great

Speaking of making movie out of a game, have you guys seen "Far Cry" OMG what the hell was that!?

Speaking of making movie out of a game, have you guys seen "Far Cry" OMG what the hell was that!?

no I have not and after watching Mortal Kombat and the tekken movie I have no hope for these kind of movies :D

i have lol for no apparent reason the main character was German and it wasn't even on a tropical island just random action

if i'm not mistaken Advent children was the aftermath of the game and not a movie of the game itself :p

if i'm not mistaken Advent children was the aftermath of the game and not a movie of the game itself :p

that I never said :D a movie of a game doesn't mean it's about the actuall game. (trying to tell the same story as the game) Like the RE movies. (which suck monkey balls) Advent children did better than other movies based on games but it still aren't good. The only game based movie I've liked so far (what I can remember off) is the prequal movie to Dead Space. Titled Dead Space Downfall. That movie was really great. The reason to that was that they drew the movie instead of others movie which would have used actors which means EPIC FAIL due to game based movies with actors have never been good ;) (My opinion, there is some awfull drew movies like the Tekken movie) what I like about advent children thought is all the youtube parodies. Unfortunly some of them have been destroyed by taking away the sound from them. (reason: used voices they weren't allowed to)

Last edited:
okey another movie recomendation! and and this movie is reall kickass

it's kick-ass!

don't misstake it for some kids movie it's brutal o_O

[YOUTUBE]DrKHu2UX1vA[/YOUTUBE]

Book of Eli

it's entertaining all the way through with alot of action and a great twist ending you would never suspect

[YOUTUBE]JKfZrbS79To[/YOUTUBE]

Small aside: true happines is having a full season of 30 Rock leftover to watch.

Also - saw The Illusionist again and damn but Edward Norton is great in it.

Oh fringe is kickass!!

Other darn great tv shows are.

Defying gravity (on hold now though and might not come back :()
new caprica
flashforward
paradox

Snatch-Brad Pitt
Crash-Sandra Bullock and others.
Three days of the Condor-Robert Redford
Its Alive -Horror
5th Element-Bruce Willis
Fantastic Mr Fox -Excellent
All movies i recently watched that i missed when they first came out.

[YOUTUBE]skrbv16AKrM[/YOUTUBE]

this video is epicly hilarious :laugh:

Book of Eli

it's entertaining all the way through with alot of action and a great twist ending you would never suspect

[YOUTUBE]JKfZrbS79To[/YOUTUBE]

Great movie indeed. This twist in the ending is just fantastic. Worht the watch for sure ;)

hmm stumbled upon this old thing and I sure could use some new movie advise!

Back