Selling Out (Canadian) + Story!

Sweat

Alpha
Society
ZenietaX
Soulflame
The title's just there for other Canadians who may be interested in withdrawing PEDs.
(I couldn't find help when I wanted to withdraw, so hope this helps!)

About me: I started playing sometime in April 2009.
I'm nondepo so I started out sweating and trading, and I quit December 2009 because I was too busy IRL. After selling everything, I had 3381.40 PED coming to my bank account.
Anyways, in March 2010, I had wanted to get a withdrawal - but I signed up with my full name being just initials and a last name. (I am also fully non-depo so I didn't get a second chance.)

Here's a timeline of how my withdrawal went:

3/8/2010 - Mailed my Account Name Changes
3/30/2010 - Received Confirmation that my name was changed

After some problems with my local bank, I went to CIBC and got the details required. For my withdrawal, it went like this:

Name of bank: CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK OF COMMERCE
IBAN: ####### (subbed)
BIC (swift) or Routing Number: AAAAAAAA (subbed)

4/17/2010 - Withdrawal Registered
5/19/2010 - Withdrawal Committed
5/25/2010 - Received $313 in my bank account

Note: I withdrew $338 USD and received $313 CAN.
Therefore, for all future withdraw-ers, I'd recommend keeping it USD.

The process was rather simple - but there was quite a hefty delay. I received my money more than 5 weeks after I sent in the order.
**Perhaps because I am a non-depositor, and never had a Gold Card, I had low priority? (no idea, really)

______
Here's just a short story of how my Entropia Life went.

I started sweating. a lot.
I traded stuff - like Pixie. a lot. (Making somewhere between 0.2 PED to 0.5 PED).
I traded stones, fruits. (Making sometimes 0.1 PED to 2 PED)
I traded molisk/foul/skins. (Making 1 PED to 5 PED)
I traded on the auction (Making 1 PED to 40 PED)

Most importantly though, you need to find friends. I had two great shop owners
(Noodles and Dane, check my siggy! -shameless advertising-)
and a nice society which helped me through.
(It helps that EF and EU have some very nice communities. Not generous, but welcoming.)

The first 1000 PED is the hardest. After that, it was a lot easier - and I had time to play around with skills. At the present rate, I'm sure I could have made 10000 PED within a year. But now, I don't think I'm going to.

Most people would think that's really boring. I didn't.
I mined unamped, and I still haven't maxed out my Cb5 (or Opalo, for that matter). The only thing I have maxed is my Vivo T5 (L) and some enmat tool (whose name I forgot).
My highest profession is Surveyor (6 I believe, it's been a while).

My typical hour and a half of gaming would be:
20 - 25min of checking auctions
~35 - 40min for a short mining run
(I hate running, back and forth. It takes forever.)

And yes, I made profit. Relatively little, but profit is profit.

This is basically where I am now.
I wouldn't have quit - I didn't even think of quitting. But I've got lots of work to do... so I don't have time for this game anymore. Perhaps someday, I'll join again.
It's been a fun year, and for once, I have something to take from this game. (going to buy an iPod touch!)
Entropia has given me a lot of knowledge into the business world, in which I'm very new to. I'm thinking of perhaps going into business now... even though I like science a lot.
It's 12:13am, and I should be sleeping by now...
Farewell.

Oh, and I'm in Grade 10 =]

Meh sounds about right.... not sure what exchange was but lets say 96c to USD... not sure what it was at the time... if it was worse maybe they gave u the bad end of the exchange... But .95 * 328 (-$10 for withdrawal) = $314.88

3 weeks on the account changes seems awfully slow... the rest... well... it takes time... Although I believe when you pay a withdrawal fee... it should be quicker... as it is done at a cost to the player.

Be happy you left with some cash :D.... Im tempted to opt out... Ill of made maybe $1500 without chipping out skills or selling prints.

Last edited:
Make sure to always check the exchange rate and you won't get any surprises.

Last edited:
Actually, from what I've read and heard about international wire transfers, it must be made in the currency of the receiving account or it can be rejected, which will incur extra fees.
Also, the exchange rate used by MindArk is the best available in all of Europe.

your withdrawal wait time was normal it can be up to 6 weeks (30 business days thats ma time frame).

have a good day

kosmos

Be thankful you didn't went through this process back in the golden days everyone is whining about when it took 90 days.

nice story!!!

GL whit ur new project!!!

Nice story, thanks for sharing. Nice to see that you made so many PEDs in such a few months, good job!

Back