Ban people from your shop

xXSqUaLLXx

Prowler
Society
Mine To Extract
xXSqUaLLXx
it would be nice if we could have a feature to not allow some people in your shop.

A problem about providing good prices is that, some resellers keep buying too much stuff for reselling purpose instead of customers wich push a price raise obviously and eat more goodprices than customers itself at times.

such feature would be very welcomed in my eyes.

in RL u can allow people in your shop or not, i hope it could be the same here.
here u can set private shop and work out on a private list only, and this option only isnt viable anyway.

MA will do nothing against resellers since they are good at generating inflation.

Though it'd be nice to pick and choose whom you sell a good deal to, knowing what they'd use it for, my (very) basic understanding is that you're filling supply and demand.

If the demand is high enough that you can't keep enough stock forcing people to purchase for higher prices from those buying it up, then it may be time to raise your prices a bit?

Another way this could be handled rather than outright banning, would be an option to limit the number of purchases someone could make of a specific item over a period of time. Obviously this might be harder for things like ammo, but if you were able to view a log of people purchasing your goods would also help you figure out whom is just trying to snatch everything up, before they finally grab it all!

Ban one person from your shop and he will get a friend to go in an buy what he needs.

Ban one person from your shop and he will get a friend to go in an buy what he needs.

Yeah. That's exactly what crossed my mind when I read the OP.

raise your prices to meet the demand?

it would be nice if we could have a feature to not allow some people in your shop.

A problem about providing good prices is that, some resellers keep buying too much stuff for reselling purpose instead of customers wich push a price raise obviously and eat more goodprices than customers itself at times.

here u can set private shop and work out on a private list only, and this option only isnt viable anyway.

You can make an exclusiv shop (appartment) for you good customers.

Level 1 price - ordinary shop
Level 2 price - customers from level 1
Level 3 price - customers from level 2
etc

Just put them on FL (i know FL is too short) - And just TP to shop when some need to be added to your FL.

Ready for your use brought to you from Yq :wtg:

I would have to say either deal with the customers buying your items for sale, or you can raise your prices too.

good Idea, I like it

Ask MA if you can make your shop PvP.
Then you can shoot them.

Cheers
Siam

:lolup: I just had the idea of the middle of no where shop keeper sitting with a shotgun in hand.

I can understand the sentiment, but as others have metioned, they either get a friend to buy it, or one of their several alt's....:laugh:

What you propose is "discrimination" against resellers - that's something that is probably against the EULA on some levels since it makes the Entropia Universe less fun for another participant... it also makes the game a bit unequal on some levels... IT ALSO IS VERY SILLY OF YOU, AS A SHOPOWNER, I.E. RESELLER, TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST THOSE THAT DO THE SAME DARN THING YOU ARE DOING...

Also... WHAT YOU WANT ALREADY EXISTS... It's called guests. Simply set your shop to Private and put the people you want buying on your friends list and guest list. If you want the "general public" in the shop, you should not discriminate against who comes in.

Also, talk to the mall owner... I believe they do have the power to make the mall pvp if they choose to do so. If enough shop owners ask them to do that, they might do it... Just be careful though because those resellers might just hang out at your shop and shoot the bigoted shop owner that wants to discriminate against them... True Civil War in EU... that'd be interesting ;)

You should be glad the resellers are coming to the shop. It means you have regular, repeat buyers... people that help you pay that monthly rent fee. Repeat shoppers are always usually a good thing for a shop. If you don't like their buying from you, raise your prices or use the guest list.

in RL u can allow people in your shop or not, i hope it could be the same here

Not sure about that. Within the EU (European Union, not Entropia :wise:) at least, you are obliged to accept customers to your shop and you are obliged to sell to them at the prices you have pre-defined. Unless there are specific reasons which you would have to prove to the police or court. You can be sued for not selling to someone.

Now, within the Entropia world, I hear you.. I would love lower prices all the time but that's how it goes.. you either produce more and advertise your shop more so that people can buy from you instead of resellers, or you increase prices.

cheers for cheaper MA-109s :yay:

You have a really cool shop - its unfortunate if you feel it serves more as a source of revenue for resellers than a useful shop for the average player. But I'm not sure its practical to do much about this - its is just too easy to find a way around any block via "helpers". Only things I can think of that work ATM are - advertise more, list some items on auction anyways as a deterrent, get an extra booth in a high traffic area (which could then also have a ad as sign?), or just swamp the market.

Real help would come from two directions - either a shop directory in game or being able to attach a short message to any auction item where you could advertise your shop.

well the silly thing is that if the customers would just look at your shop for the better deals instead of on auction the reseller would lose his market. but.. convincing people to avoid the auction and check shops first?... fat chance.

- ; )

well the silly thing is that if the customers would just look at your shop for the better deals instead of on auction the reseller would lose his market. but.. convincing people to avoid the auction and check shops first?... fat chance.
too true... unless MA can get that blasted shop directory online finally.

My suggestion...

How about MA bans anyone that sells an UL item and then CRYS about selling it? How about once it is sold, it is gone?

Just me, seems that the rich and FHCM (Fair Haired Children of MA) want their cake and eat it too. Oh, I just want 'white people' to eat in my cafe!!. I don't want any person of 'color' to be able to sit down in my cafe!!.

Dude, your 'request' is the same as the above...not about the color of a person's skin, but the same idea...

Now, if you wish, setup a 'shop' in your apartment, spend funds to let 'those correct people' know where your apartment is,k and then it is Pvt.

But, if you have a public store, LOL...it's open to the PUBLIC...

MAN, this is the most whining post I've ever seen...

Seoul....

Is it because i keep stalking you in the vain hope you will accidently drop your unloa105 on the ground ;)

Great prices by the way! I have used your shop a lot

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: Yquem, great idea +rep

You can make an exclusiv shop (appartment) for you good customers.

Level 1 price - ordinary shop
Level 2 price - customers from level 1
Level 3 price - customers from level 2
etc

Just put them on FL (i know FL is too short) - And just TP to shop when some need to be added to your FL.

Ready for your use brought to you from Yq :wtg:

Your shop is by far the best shop at Calypso. Easy to find what you want, and good prices! Ill be back for sure. Very nice with the signs above the keepers !

Shopowners should go to this place and see how it can be done, so many crappy shops around that it ruins much for the serious guys like this one.

I have an idea :)
It will be nice to have this choice :
Put your shop in PK area :)
So after you just have to stay at the door and kill the guys you don't want to come in or maybe rent a PKer when your are sleeping :)
Could be funny :lolup:

Resellers will always find the way to buy even in case ban list will be implemented in case you undercut auction price much more then auction fee.

Also CND got good possability for resellers. They may buy large stock on calypso and resell on CND.

The only solution is to trade in PVP trade with known customers.

nice ideas in here :p

My views about it is simple.
if u could ban people from your shop, reseller known would get trouble to buy items, and maybe some would use friend to buy, but i would be aware fast about it and in the end could stop many regular known reseller to buy too much and not allow people that seem to not mine or use the things i provide trough this shop.
so yes it is a good solution, maybe not to avoid all, but in long run, my store keeper know how much people buy, who are the regulars or not. and new customers comes everyday too that we see mining.
so to me, it would stop this problem by having the possibility to allow or not allow a X customer in shop.

Other solutions are not viable.restricting to FL give low ammount of people, make it hard, close to impossible to run it good.

i also dont want to make it hard to buy, but im very annoyed to see my shop raided by too much of the same people leaving it empty for the real miners/ hunters.

thx for the good words btw =)

ps:u can still if u got legitimate reason not allow acess to your shop irl.

Last edited:

In RL most shops are retailers. They typically buy their products from a wholesale who in turn got their stuff from a manufacturer or even another wholesale.

What you propose is "discrimination" against resellers - that's something that is probably against the EULA on some levels since it makes the Entropia Universe less fun for another participant...

No, no way. Simply. The EULA gives you the right to not interact with anyone - in my opinion that would also give you the right to not trade with everyone who wants to.

Not sure about that. Within the EU (European Union, not Entropia :wise:) at least, you are obliged to accept customers to your shop and you are obliged to sell to them at the prices you have pre-defined. Unless there are specific reasons which you would have to prove to the police or court. You can be sued for not selling to someone.

Do you have a source for this? Because I don't think it's universally true, even if perhaps locally. I know you can't discriminate anyone, but as far as I know the definition of discrimination doesn't include "this dude has no use for my products other then reselling."

In any case. If your prices are too low then why don't you raise them? There is obviously too large a gap from your shop prices to (auction value minus auction fee) - which someone has figgured out. And if your shop has too little "real" traffic, even with the gap existing, then why do you bother with the shop at all instead of just using the auction? At least until you're able to ban the reseller.

So yeah I think you should be able to ban people, but I doubt MA/FPC will grant it. Not that I see anything wrong with him making a business out of your business, to be honest. It's an open economy.

i dont like much to raise prices in shop "just because its possible", i want customers to be happy first.
purpose of shop is actually to provide better prices than auctions all times for customers regular mining/ hunting a lot.
not to sell cheaper to resellers to put back on market.
i have huge traffic in here but still way too much people emptying it to resell leaving it empty for hours with real customers sad about it in between so its not like it happens all the times, but overall its a lot.

How about MA bans anyone that sells an UL item and then CRYS about selling it? How about once it is sold, it is gone?

Just me, seems that the rich and FHCM (Fair Haired Children of MA) want their cake and eat it too. Oh, I just want 'white people' to eat in my cafe!!. I don't want any person of 'color' to be able to sit down in my cafe!!.

Dude, your 'request' is the same as the above...not about the color of a person's skin, but the same idea...

Now, if you wish, setup a 'shop' in your apartment, spend funds to let 'those correct people' know where your apartment is,k and then it is Pvt.

But, if you have a public store, LOL...it's open to the PUBLIC...

MAN, this is the most whining post I've ever seen...

Seoul....
u really seem to have something against me :D

this is something only active shop selling hundreds K peds a month since a few years can understand.
and i only talk about people that actually sell cheaper than auction cause its true they are rare.

so anyway, u surely right, this is whining thread from the guy who got ul105 back and is asking for something so disgusting its horrible !and he wants it NOW too what a joke ! :confused:
not sure what point yr trying to make apart of seeing iam asking too much apparently and jumping on "discrimination part" just because its cool to put that on fire :0
it should be simple to understand i dont want to sell to someone that will resell since i want to keep prices low for real people using them in the shop, isnt it fair enough as a request?
i think reseller might not agree but regular shop customers, it seems it is, looking at few +rep from few ubers miners passing by often in the shop.
in the end for sure i should have done this wish thread list since long now, at least its acknowledged now.

Last edited:
This feature wouldn't help, because many of those buyers would suddenly live in a very active EU-family I'm afraid.

In other words, they would create new avatars and the feature would be useless. Or they'll find in-between avatars

Atami

This feature wouldn't help, because many of those buyers would suddenly live in a very active EU-family I'm afraid.

In other words, they would create new avatars and the feature would be useless. Or they'll find in-between avatars

Atami

like its said in post above, it would help a lot because u could be proactive, its easy to see who is mining and who is not.
he might buy two three times a lot but next time wont happen and even if they try to use someone else, it will be a problem a short while after.
only problem is extra work, adding names, and of course u cant avoid it totally.
so at least u can actually really choose and if u are aware u know fast.

Last edited:
Back