10.000 Merp mission journal

jenny ferr

Elite
Society
Modified Perception
Jennifer Jenny ferr
Thought I would try and make a journal of the costs for doing this mission with only Castorian EnKnuckles-A. (TT fist)

I will record loot(incl daily mu) after each run which is typical ~50peds(3fists) long.

I might not publish each run as I calculated it would be around 40runs for 10.000Merps. (maybe each 10round?)
I got no time limit for it as it's completely depending on loot being good or not, but I wont do any other melee hunting on the side during this mission. (to not screw up the skills)

But skill wise I will only measure at the completion of the mission, and below you have my current Powerfist skills and melee ones.(this is taken just after completion of the 5.000 mission, with TT fist and a few knifes too)

Proof of mission standings when I begin

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I completed the mission now and here are some basic stats:
Cost: 2161.52ped
Hit (%): 90.024%
Loot(%): 95.49% (incl mu & decay)
Armor Decay: -54.5ped
Fap Decay: -41.63ped
Time: 2hours 12minutes (average/run)
Result: 150.56% (incl mv of skills gained)

Detailed stats after each 10th/runs can be found on page three or by clicking here

Below you can see the graphs for the complete hunt from EuHunter. (great app)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
Since I dont get the charts to look the way I want here I had to make them as pictures instead :grumble:

crit_chart.jpg

skill_chart_1.jpg

Health after mission reward: 129.02(Weapons Handling)

loot_chart.jpg

-----------------------------​

___________Dmg Done________Dmg Taken_______Dmg Healed
Total:_____549568,3__________102113__________40027,1
Average:__13404,0975_______2490,5609________976,2707

Proof of mission completed

Programs I used:
EuHunter
XandraX
Skill Scanner

Equipment I used:
Castorian EnKnuckles-A (obviously)
Settler +2A
Vivo T1
Hedoc SK-20 (L)
Castorian Combat EnBlade-A (to finish last mob when the last fist is broken)
M2100 (to finish last mob when the last fist is broken)
Opalo (tagging)
CB5 (L) (tagging)

Starting my Daikibas tonight, you find that thread here:
10.000 Daikiba mission journal

Last edited:
So far I've done 11 100 ped runs with tt fist...

6 fists kill about 480... so your calculations are about right

Dexterity is tailoring as well, the others are only melee/ranged...

I'd say count all defensive skills... it's great for evade too...

your bottom line will be a lot better and could offset armour and/or fap decay

You will global at least a few times
You might possibly get carpal tunnel or give up because of death by boredom.
but gl anyway :wtg:

Thanks Lars :)

Lilac,
I done most of the 6.6k merps with fist and calculated about ~84babies/fist so we both have good data there :)

Ok Dexterity is out then and the other ones that are ranged skills too as I might be in on WoF before this ends too.

Defensive skills would be difficult to get exactly right tho since WoF and mining, but I will give it a try to get somewhat accurate numbers :)

Fap decay I haven't kept track of to be honest used up a Vivo and sold it broken to some poor noob who then can repair as she/he wants to.
But armor decay are about 1-1.3ped/run, used unplated pixie first but saw settler+2A had better eco while good enough protection

Deity,
Thanks for your words, so far not a single global or loot over 30ped on 6.1k(500more to go tonight), before starting on 10k
And boredom, sure you think I would be dead already while doing these I done lol

I used tt sb and launcher and a heatray for the 5k challenge and am working on 10k now. It took about 3 hours per 6 blades, which was 500 merps.

Have fun and good luck!

You will global at least a few times
You might possibly get carpal tunnel or give up because of death by boredom.
but gl anyway :wtg:

Globaling on small merps is a lot more rare than that. :laugh:

I used tt sb and launcher and a heatray for the 5k challenge and am working on 10k now. It took about 3 hours per 6 blades, which was 500 merps.

Have fun and good luck!

Globaling on small merps is a lot more rare than that. :laugh:

Hmm, I have gotten 2 merps globals in my EU carrier (4 years in june) and I never have hunted those; only in defense while being attacked. no way I even killed 1k of those
So, or loot has gone down lately; or I'm just one of the lucky ppl?

Hmm, I have gotten 2 merps globals in my EU carrier (4 years in june) and I never have hunted those; only in defense while being attacked. no way I even killed 1k of those
Probably lucky, I got one but it was on big once at CND pre vu10
But I still want you to be right tho :D

I killed 9048 merps so far in this mission, no global.
Probably killed around 30-40k merps before missions came out and only ever had a global once on them.

Merp globals are not common, in my experience.

GL whit TT fist

16,600 merps death whit unamped SGA opalo whitin 14 days in LA51

looted
3x gremlin gloves F
1x gremlin Face M
1x paladin harnes F
2x merp horn
145,80 TT merp textile
3k blazars 8k novas
7,093 merps didnt carry any loot

so only 1kped loss

i gues my only merp swirlies

I just finished the 10k merps naked with a longblade, heatray, and TT powerfist as a finisher. I have the exact stats at home if anyone wants them but I believe I ended up at ~85% return 600ish ped down. However did get quite a lot of skills I don't normally use so that was nice.

The somewhat low return is due to hunting on taxed land and I'm really starting to think you either can't be very efficient on small mobs due to overkill, you just can't get much of an advantage over others, or they just pay out at a lower rate than larger mobs anyway (which makes sense).

no globals.

5x gremlin face
1x gremlin gloves
4x paladin harnesses
6 or 7 merp horns.
over 100 ped of merp wool.
20 ped WH skill:yay:

Ah... well that's different. It's easy to global on a random exo when you're mowing down formis, too. There seems to be something about the size of mob you've been killing that influences it.

I just finished the 10k merps naked with a longblade, heatray, and TT powerfist as a finisher. I have the exact stats at home if anyone wants them but I believe I ended up at ~85% return 600ish ped down. However did get quite a lot of skills I don't normally use so that was nice.

I ended up with ~100% of offensive output on the 5k mission, losing only my ~80 PEDs Imp. FAP decay. I think i was lucky, though, as i got 80% on the other mission hunts i did right afterwards.

4x paladin harnesses
:eyecrazy:

Haven't looted a one of those from them. 3x Grem. face guard (M) and assorted junk.

Just finished the 5k mission, took longer then expected(removed: to not hurt the feelings of my special friend) so will wait until tomorrow to update OP with all info, but had a decent run this last one.
138% and one paladin harness(only 9ped tho)

Items so far on these 6.6k merps:
Gremlin Face (F) x1
Paladin Harness (F) x1
Merp Horn x1

Last edited:
as to a rough guess about costs

say you have a 50 HP mob like merp young and use a maxed weapon
your average eco, including HA, will be around 2.7

50/2.7=~18.5 pec per merp y

->16 600*18.5=~3070
lets say 3k to make it easier

so overall weapon cost should be around 3000 ped
armor depends on if you like herding them or not :D

hunting them since dunno, 2 years now? almost exclusively

so far i got, uh, 3? merp globals, maybe 2 but 8 hofs

globals are fairly rare on merps (got 2 ESIs so far as well i think, without globals), gotta say that the hofs dont come that often either :D

8 hofs in 2 years isnt that good, considering the time i spent hunting them :p

as on looted stuff topics
as mentioned 2 esis i think
uh, 20? gremmy gloves M
20 gremmy gloves F
around the same face M and same face F

pala harness F around 2 i think
M i am around 3 i think

quite some mod NB chips as long as they used to be looted (stopped a while ago :D)

Last edited:
I calculated around 2k peds cycled for this 10.000 Merps based on average kills/fist.
So your numbers suggest I rather hit a hof then a global if anything, sounds awesome :D

But the cost I will log is peds spent ofc, skills gained(value too) and loot value, never done this before tho so will be a challenge to do lol

Dont herd them, try and take them one on one or tag in one after the first one just reached me.
But as you all know sometimes they try and jump you all at the same time hehe

OP updates coming in an hour or so now

Gl with this, i finished the mission with some Vumpor J crem and Tuhota 80' and with dmg enhancers when it was possible. And my Murdand Groover as finisher..

Im happy i survived :D, cant imagine doing it with powerfist or some TT weapons thats masochist lol

Im happy i survived :D, cant imagine doing it with powerfist or some TT weapons thats masochist lol
hehe

Just updated OP with all info, so today will be the start for this journal :)
And reached 100k total skills last night too :yay:

Done two runs so far, first was disaster second one was completely the opposit lol

BUT I found out one thing after the update today I wish to make public and see if anyone else but me noticed it.
The "hit region" of a merp has got smaller or changed location, after 6.6k merps with opalo/CB5 and TT fist I'm pretty sure I got them figured out. But today it was almost impossible to tag a merp in third person and even alot harder to get in the first punch on them as they charge you, and sometimes it felt you had to be alot closer to them too (but thats not the main thing)

The main thing are: Have the "hit region" of the creature been reduced or changed position??

(I post here first, but might post a new thread about it too not sure yet)

PS. why does it always need to be born alot of trilos in OLA53 after each vu? (last two it's been noticeable)

EDIT: Today after the patches everything seemed normal again, except for the larger then normal numbers of trilo/daiki at OLA53
(but that will be back to normal tomorrow I guess as it was last major update)

Last edited:
Completed the 10 first runs now, info are in the OP.

Unlocked Martial Art at the end of the 7th run, so it took 21 full fists to go from my starting lvl of 19 to 20, and as you see in the screen below the last fist on that hunt was about to be broken too.

OP updated with the results after 20runs

Half way now, smashed 5000merps to death now on the last fist on my 21st run

Completed my 30th run and editing the OP

Last bump before completion :)

ok 40runs didn't make it to 10.000, so need another one and perhaps one fist more after that too.
Will probably make that tonight tho, or tomorrow.

So far no hofs or globals just been on to watch others get my merpies :cussing:

And MA if you want me to finish on green give me one globle at least on the last run, then I will :love: you forever

Great work. I gave up on them for now. Have only done about 3200 of the 5k.:D

GL

I never understood why on some of the small mobs they made it easier to Uber then to global.

Cheers
Siam

All 16.600merps are exterminated now, so gonna post a lot of info later tonight once I have it all done

Sorry for the delay, but the numbers messed with my mind last night so I had to play a little to relax it to not mess up the numbers lol

But posted the graphs to begin with now in the OP, have a question to you tho...

QUESTION:
  1. Do you want me to post total TT loot of each kind of loots or just a total sum of it all?
  2. And total Dmg done/taken healed, or just average?
  3. Total crits done/taken, no loots etc, or just average here too?

Results after the first 10runs:
Cost: 529.61ped
Hit percent: 90.241%
Loot(%): 108.66% (incl mu & decay)
Armor Decay: -13.44ped
Fap Decay: -11.62ped

Results after 20runs:
Cost: 1054.38ped
Hit percent: 90.098%
Loot(%): 100.28% (incl mu & decay)
Armor Decay: -27.28ped