Mindforce and Skill Increase Bonus for old, redesigned chips

IvoL

Dominant
Society
Natural Born Killers
Peregrine IvoL Falcon
In line with the post made for all the new, (L) chips, I want to find out the details of as many of the old chips, that have been redesigned, as possible.

• Does the chip have SIB? If so, have you maxed it, or at what %age are you?
    IIRC in the old situations, the chips of levels 4 and up had, but it finished at pro standing 100, like the maxing of unL, non-SIB weapons.
    However, my current First Gen Electric attack Chip VI is maxed, and my skills are not nearly near 100 :rolleyes:
    This would mean that the level to max them out would be (significantly) lowered...
  • What is the minimum/recommend level to use it?
  • What are your current prof. standings in the various (old and new) professions?

Hopefully we'll be able to determine at what level they are maxed out now...

Chip, startlvl / maxedlvl
Updated with data from auction

• First Gen Electric attack Chip I, 0 / <18.2
  • First Gen Electric attack Chip II, 0 / <18.2
  • First Gen Electric attack Chip III, 0 / <18.2
  • First Gen Electric attack Chip IV, 3.5 / <18.2
  • First Gen Electric attack Chip V, 6 / <18.2
  • First Gen Electric attack Chip VI, 8.5 / <18.2
  • First Gen Electric attack Chip VII, 10 / 28.5~29
  • First Gen Electric attack Chip VIII, 11 / ~34
  • First Gen Combustive attack Chip IV, 0.5 / ~35
  • First Gen Combustive attack Chip V, 1 / 45.5~46
  • First Gen Combustive attack Chip VI, 1.2 / ~58
  • First Gen Combustive attack Chip VIII, 4 / 80.5~81

Last edited:
To start of with my skills and chiplvls (from storage & auction):
Updated with data from Auction, courtesy to Immortal for his helpful tip.

• First Gen Electric attack Chip I, maxed
  • First Gen Electric attack Chip II, maxed
  • First Gen Electric attack Chip III, maxed
  • First Gen Electric attack Chip IV, maxed
  • First Gen Electric attack Chip V, maxed
  • First Gen Electric attack Chip VI, maxed
  • First Gen Electric attack Chip VII, HA 6.1
  • First Gen Electric attack Chip VIII, HA 5.2
  • First Gen Combustive attack Chip IV, HA 6.6
  • First Gen Combustive attack Chip V, HA 5.7
  • First Gen Combustive attack Chip VI, HA 5.1
  • First Gen Combustive attack Chip VIII, HA 4.3

see 2nd post for max levels based on this

My Prof standings (HIT) are:
  • Electro Kinetic (HIT): ~18.2
  • Pyro Kinetic (HIT): ~18.2

Last edited:
It's easy enough to estimate what the chips max at if the profession, hit ability and SIB starting level is known.

e.g. electro VII, starts level 10, my level=23, my hit ability=7.8
so level maxes at (23-10)*7/(7.8-3)=19 levels above SIB start (10+19=29)

Last edited:
It's easy enough to estimate what the chips max at if the profession, hit ability and SIB starting level is known.

e.g. electro VII, starts level 10, my level=23, my hit ability=7.8
so level maxes at (23-10)*7/(7.8-3)=29

This is not quite correct. The equation gives 19 - you forgot to add the SIB starting level (10).

For reference:
maxedlvlcalc.jpg

PS. Only useful when your Hit level is in the SIB range of the item.

Last edited:
Cheers, that helps a lot! :)

No I only need to know peoples HAs and Current Prof. Standings (HIT) to calc it, or people can calc it themselves...

and....after 4~5 years....100! :D:D :yay::yay:

Auction->order->Available->item information

You can use this to look up the required levels for the chips. FGEACIV SIB start is 8.5, and maxes before level 23

Electric attack chip III maxes at level 9 skill - at least for damage. I just reached that level.

Electric attack chip III maxes at level 9 skill - at least for damage. I just reached that level.

I think it is the HIT lvl that counts, not 100% sure but that seems logical since also the Hit Ability is part of the equation...

Auction->order->Available->item information

You can use this to look up the required levels for the chips. FGEACIV SIB start is 8.5, and maxes before level 23

I know this used to be possible, but I can't do it anymore...the item info button is disabled, and I cannot right-click either (at least it doesn't bring up a context menu), an double-clicking opens the Create Order window which doesn't contain an item into button :|

Am I doing something wrong here?

Correction: I don't know how or why, but directly after posting this it seems the butons are enabled...I can now see the info of everything...I haven't got a clue as to what just happened, but you don't hear me complaining ;)

duh! I just found out: you have to first select the item, apparently there is several types of selecting / highlighting an item...

Last edited:
in kingjehu's post all of the numbers including those of the new chips are visible, and since the 1st gen chips data seems complete now, let's continue discussion there....

I think it is the HIT lvl that counts, not 100% sure but that seems logical since also the Hit Ability is part of the equation...

To be a bit clearer; my electrokinesis damage profession level is much higher than hit level - presumably because of skills shared with using guns. I just reached level 9 and the SIB info changed from "yes" to "not any more".

Assuming the situation is the same for the hit profession (not unreasonable) I would think that the electric attack chip III ought to be maxed at level 9 to hit as well. That leaves me quite a long way to go. :(

Incidentally, my chip is UL because it used to be a Medium Nerve Blast Chip. Its full name is actually First Gen Electric Attack Chip III.

Once I've got this thing maxed it will actually be a nice hunting weapon. UL, decent damage and eco, and slightly longer range than carbines. And not much weight.

Oh, and I have 7 spare ones. :yay:

Back