Annual report MA

I think time will fix all issues. Last year was a ful investing one CE2 etc etc ... now thay have to get the ''fruit's'' wich with time will come. Im 100% sure thay expected to not be very +++ this year seeing what is going arround the world. Anyway as log thay didnt closed the doors, proves that thay are strong enough to handle it this prbs also.

GL MA and Succes.
p.s. it's easy to accuse, i would be extremly couriouse how many of us could do it better ;)
GL evrybody and Hof be with you

Suddenly MA had this urge to replace the graphic engine. Not only did it NOT attract thousands of new people, it actually made quite a few people quit due to the fact that this new engine requires some pretty new and rather pricey computer rig.

As mentioned in the annual report: This was expected, as marketing hasn't started yet.

I think the point is that the player base wasn't asking for a graphics overhaul. We were asking for more gameplay options and current gameplay features to be expanded.

Rather than listen to the players, MA went their own way and did an expensive graphics overhaul that while beautiful hasn't attracted many players.

This is how MA and FPC have always operated. They have an idea of how they want their product to be. We, the players, really don't figure in to that idea. They're going to do what they're going to do.

Looking at the economic circumstances i would say they still did pretty good especially considering that there was at least a full month less play time available. And a lot of extra development cost from introducing CE2.

They do need to start to listen to their customers though. 99% of the people taking an indefinite break do that because of the bad loot returns. Player retention should be very very high on the Agenda of MA. They should know that their group of target customers is not indefinitely big. Also they should have a look at their customer base. There are a lot of people who are very well connected on the internet. And these people are not saying to their network that MA does a great job. So the mouth to mouth PR is very low atm.

If the party buying Calypso knows what they do this could mean a big change for the better. I wish i hit the jackpot in the lottery. 6 Million $ sounds like a steal if you know what you are doing. Although i would want to have black on white that one would also be in control of how ATH's and average loot is generated. As the balance is way of atm. The balance seems to think there are 10 times as many active players then there really are.

All in all things look not so bleak as speculation was trying to make it appear. There might be sun behind the clouds just waiting to push the clouds away.

Cheers
Siam

In my opinion, it's ntohing strange that planet calypso is going down.

MA/FPC is just the same as in Lithuania politics who makes law.
They all just trying to find the way how to implement new taxes for peoples so politics can have biger house and more expensive cars.
When in Lithuania was good to live, when everything was in law that did good poeoples here lived ~3 milions of peoples and all of them was lithuanians, now in Lithuani we have ~2.4-2.3 milions peoples and 20% of them are from other countrys like Poland and russian peoples.

Many peoples leave Lithuania because they see that politics that makes law are doing real shit and living here is even biger shit.

So, that is the same for MA/FPC, they made things that you have to pay for mostly for nothing. So peoples are quiting and seeing more chances to have funn in other games without so big cost.

(please dont -repp me, its just my opinion)

Although the fact that i am always looking at the negative side of things(I am a little depressed by nature), i must admit MA's strategy could be very positive. Why?

By focussing on the development of platform itself and spreading the exploitation of planets amongst other companies/investers(Neverdie, new planets etc) the overall risks are spread and the chance of success rises. Exploitating a planet succesfully is something completely different then software development. For the first u need people with good marketing and sales skills, for the second u need good 'nerds'.
If u see it as a way of outsourcing/outtasking it all makes sense.....

Once world economy recovers, this strategy might work. In the mean while, just hang on and wait for the ride!

gl all

When in Lithuania was good to live, when everything was in law that did good poeoples here lived ~3 milions of peoples and all of them was lithuanians, now in Lithuani we have ~2.4-2.3 milions peoples and 20% of them are from other countrys like Poland and russian peoples.

Many peoples leave Lithuania because they see that politics that makes law are doing real shit and living here is even biger shit.
Get used to it. Crossing a frontier now is easier than ever inside europe. People will move more, and always search for better conditions.

Your post is only based on a long line of vague assumptions though :scratch2:

Ehem nope - my assumptions are real. And your mystifying EU for some reason. And its is really simple... ;)

Bills have to be paid. Investors dont invest because something is nice, but because they want $$. If you actually rely on investors losing money so that players would get larger piece of a pie - you are kinda wrong ;)

Other then that - if investors draw in 1000000s of new players - Ill admit I was very wrong, but I dont see that happening so soon.

Regards

I.

Again, expected to be low amount of players there now as they have not started the whole BIG marketing push.

Mate this game exists for like 8 years.

They are pushing all the time (look at PR about most expencive items sold in media, ppl earning money, international gaming fairs etc.). What do you mean by big marketing push? Being gold sponsor of current football SP :confused:

I.

Get used to it. Crossing a frontier now is easier than ever inside europe. People will move more, and always search for better conditions.

Since i am sure i won't live in Lithuania any longer i don't cear about it (Or should I? ) i cear about Entropia Universe more. :)

Although it`s a shame they didn`t have enough money(for now) to start the MindBank(delayed atm due to cash issues) there`s some pretty good news in this report.

Sale of Planet Calypso is a very good move as new owner might have the cash required to do some serious marketing effort.
We also got some ETAs for Next Island and Planet Cyrene which is good news. One due this summer, the other this fall.
Once 3 planets are introduced, MA`s agreement with Credit Suisse to get listed on international stock exchange comes into effect. This should hopefully happen by the end of the year.

Enligt avtal med en befintlig partner om en planet under utveckling skall MindArk tillföras
betalningar om sammanlagt 2,15 miljoner USD i utbyte mot en högre vinstdelningsprocent.
MindArk har fram till och med maj erhållit 0,55 miljoner USD. Resterande 1,6 miljoner USD skall
tillföras MindArk månadsvis under 2010 och första kvartalet av 2011.

Under an existing agreement with partners on a planet in progress shall MindArk get payments totaling 2.15 million U.S. dollars in exchange for a higher profit percentage.
MindArk has until May received 0.55 million USD. The remaining $ 1.6 million being payed on a monthly basis during 2010 and first quarter of 2011.

Looks like one of the planetdevelopers has gotten themself a better deal than the 50/50 deal with MA.

Sale of Planet Calypso is a very good move as new owner might have the cash required to do some serious marketing effort.

Can you name me 1 MMO/Virtual world that 'seriously' markets their product? Name 1.

Aside from the occasional Mr. T commercial MMOs aren't marketed. They rely on word of mouth. No investor is going to spend $6m to buy into a game and then spend more money to advertise.

These investors are looking for easy money. They are going to give FPC money to keep them afloat and if these investors are right they will reap 50% of future profits.

That means FPC must operate on 50% less profits moving forward. If they have cash flow problems now - how's it going to be with half the profits already spoken for?

Ehem nope - my assumptions are real. And your mystifying EU for some reason. And its is really simple... ;)

Really? PLEASE do show all the numbers and statistics that you have found/collected regarding this!

Ofc you do have proof to back all your claims up, since you are so sure its real? :eek:

A few considerations :
1) The value of the fixed assets includes a surplus of 15 million for the platform in 2009 which is made of transfers from the costs of ce2 introduction and add-ons made to sustain new planets portability. This value is only financial.
2) The loss that came from exchange differences is significant.
3) The value of 6.2 million seems to have been payed, additionally to the staff costs, for the development of CE2.
4) MA cannot hold on to Calypso on a platform it owns cause it lacks credibility from investors.
5) The staff costs are huge.
6) I would recommend that several minerals and mobs from calypso to be moved on another planets in order to "force" a displacement of the calypsian population to incipient worlds. Any new world will otherwise suffer from a very slow start. And that is utterly undesirable for any investor.

That means FPC must operate on 50% less profits moving forward. If they have cash flow problems now - how's it going to be with half the profits already spoken for?

If that is what they mean, I am still not sure if they mean that FPC/new company will split 50/50 or new company/MA will...?

If FPC and new company are splitting 50/50 it will be like:

FPC gets 25%
New gets 25%
MA gets 50%

:scratch2:

It won't matter as much to their bottom line because they can just build another planet for themselves to call home and give to TPC - Third Planet Company, etc.

I would recommend that several minerals and mobs from calypso to be moved on another planets in order to "force" a displacement of the calypsian population to incipient worlds. Any new world will otherwise suffer from a very slow start. And that is utterly undesirable for any investor.
I would recommend that any such maneuver be done by REMOVING the fee to transport your avatar to another planet. That FEE is utterly undesirable to anyone who might want to move between planets often.

Last edited:
Understandably there are some questions raised due to the annual report. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the FPC part - yet. What I can say is that the future for FPC and Planet Calypso is looking brighter than ever.

If that is what they mean, I am still not sure if they mean that FPC/new company will split 50/50 or new company/MA will...?

FPC gets 25%
New gets 25%
MA gets 50%

FPC will be bought by the "new" as in (FPC=New) gets 50%, MA gets 50%.

Understandably there are some questions raised due to the annual report. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the FPC part - yet. What I can say is that the future for FPC and Planet Calypso is looking brighter than ever.

Nice to hear from Marco :) thank you!

nice to hear that, because MY future is lookin not so bright with items devaluated by over 50% since last year :rolleyes:

Could we have it clarified that you, Hanne and the others we actually like from FPC will be sticking around in some form or another? After so much bad communication we would hate to lose the few people that have improved things, even if there is still some way to go.

When can you comment?
Because having some good comments would be looked upon favorably by everyone.

Cheers
Siam

FPC gets 25%
New gets 25%
MA gets 50%

I was under the impression that the investors are buying FPC, so FPC at least the name might not even exist anymore ;)....either way the split is with the investors and MA

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: so Marco and Hanne would work for the investors

This is pure conjecture as i have no idea really

What I can say is that the future for FPC and Planet Calypso is looking brighter than ever.
Hmm.. does that mean that FPC is the buyer of Calypso, and is moving away from being a child company of MA, toward being full partner as seperate company?!?... Marco must have quite a big wallet.

It is like shares. In economic crisis they drop, people sell, prices drop. But when prices hit rock bottom, the only way for them to go is up! I see this game becoming awesome once everything is back online, vehicles and taming and mentoring are not far away! I think the outlook from this annual report is simple, they survived the crash and those of us who have stuck with the game will win in the end!

PS: Can someone in Sweden keep an eye out for when we can invest in the company?

Reactions: Ozi
...What I can say is that the future for FPC and Planet Calypso is looking brighter than ever.

you must have some well hidden information none of us has foreseen... I can understand if that is somehow to not to lose competitive advantage, otherwise I have no idea what that can be...

but a lot of us will hold our fingers away from both cash out and deposit buttons for a while, not too long, to see what is that "something" to shine bright enough =)

J.

On a side note, for a little comparison, there where 46,000 separate accounts logged into that other virtual space game with the ships you can fly this last Saturday when I was logged in there and the game ran great, graphics are awesome, the CEO says hi on the forums, lots of cool stuff to do, incredible amount of support and documentation, costs 140 ped FOR A WHOLE MONTH, etc... :wtg:

MA... :laugh:

Then why are you still posting on this forum?

A pinch of salt ?

I think i will carry on as normal, and see what happens, which i do with all promises from MA & FPC

Rgds

Ace

Can non swedish readers get a copy of the report, in another language?

I know from what i've seen on the report and what i've seen in game on my own ped card and my mining returns, I will be kinda slowing down my game play for a while....One thing I now will do is if I try to log into planet caylpso and I get an error message to try again in a minute, I will not try again till much later and I will do something else instead. That is lost money for the game, sorry folks...I'm tired of having to try over and over to login to finally get onto the game. Just tired of it..

Back