Annual report MA

i

As far as i can see much of the cash spent is in the investment and development of the future of the platform, rather than simple cash burn (i remember the dot com companies where cash was burnt at millions a month on marketing: dead money). is it wrong to consider this? i see noone looking at the accounts on this angle and find that difficult as it seems important indictor to the future.

No worries, I like your feedback ;)

You are not wrong here, it's just that it is too much for the amount of reserves and cash inflow MA has. CE2 itself was such a big project, why do bank and all the other stuff at the same time ? You can not do everything at once. MA never really increased revenues significantly. I don't understand why...

wasteful, opaque and greedy.

decrease rakes, publish loot rules and fire the useless people.

I didn't read all but here's a what if question :

is ND buying calypso behind our back, the reason why he is in such a hurry to sell CND ? Shouldn't the players be informed before these kind of sales are finalised ?

is ND buying calypso behind our back, the reason why he is in such a hurry to sell CND ? Shouldn't the players be informed before these kind of sales are finalised ?

Then why sell CND, he could add as many upgrades as he wants to. The price tag for FPC / Calypso is over $5M and so far the CND price seems to about $0.5M or less (if he ever finds a buyer).

Personally I hope your wrong but you never know with EU.

I am 99,99% sure that that is not the case, because i don't think he have that kind of money.

I am 99,99% sure that that is not the case, because i don't think he have that kind of money.

Me too, I think this is unlikely unless he has another investor in the boat which of course is possible... but then again, why sell it?

i got the impression it would be a big famous company buying FPC. That way it would add value to the business and "natural advertising". We have no concrete info on this so guess have to wait for the announcement. But if you read between the lines I think my guess is pretty accurate. I doubt FPC can and should give more details as the deal is not finalised.

in someway I have the impression that FPC's and ND's situation is similar to what many players feel. They have invested into a virtual economy and are still awaiting a profit. Where should this lead to?

i dont see how someone would buy in only to close Calypso which this seems to imply. clearly they do feel the need for cash, but bear in mind most actioned withdrawals are covered by deposits as they occur, not cash.

im not sure that MA's liability changes as people use the other planets either, the deposits/withdrawal all go though MA still, its only decay revenue that is split.

Eazy...MA sells the planet to a partner the partner decides how ours skills vill work and MA have now 50% off the risk not 100%.

I hope it will be CRD who is buying :) that will be lol
Ahh No MA too...

Eazy...MA sells the planet to a partner the partner decides how ours skills vill work and MA have now 50% off the risk not 100%.

Uhhh.... No. And in fact you can read on the MA home page as to what MA is responsible for and what planet partners are responsible for. EU as a platform stops making sense the moment skills work differently on different planets

Understandably there are some questions raised due to the annual report. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the FPC part - yet. What I can say is that the future for FPC and Planet Calypso is looking brighter than ever.

And the future of the players...?

Understandably there are some questions raised due to the annual report. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the FPC part - yet. What I can say is that the future for FPC and Planet Calypso is looking brighter than ever.

Starnge..:confused: Whay is the FPC in need of this money then.:laugh:

Starnge..:confused: Whay is the FPC in need of this money then.:laugh:

MA is in need of money.
FPC is in need of a great marketing partner.
If the deal goes through, both will be solved if we are to believe the financial report.

There are several interesting things in that annual report.
Among those, this part I still wonder about:

The bankinterest for 2008 were 1.6million SEK, while for 2009 it was
only 101k SEK.
What happened?
They say they have a garantuee with RL-money to cover entire PEDvalue
in EU. Is that changed or what?

The bankinterest for 2008 were 1.6million SEK, while for 2009 it was
only 101k SEK.
What happened?

well two things spring to mind that might have an impact, interest rates where slashed and currency fluctuations.

and where is this guarantee you speak of? there hasnt been full *cash* cover for years (if ever?) though it shows the liability, presumably held against all assets.

well two things spring to mind that might have an impact, interest rates where slashed and currency fluctuations.

and where is this guarantee you speak of? there hasnt been full *cash* cover for years (if ever?) though it shows the liability, presumably held against all assets.
We'll see if I can find that info again, tried to search but that didn't work
properly.
Interest from savings hasn't changed that much, it were bad from the beginning. ;)

We'll see if I can find that info again, tried to search but that didn't work
properly.
Interest from savings hasn't changed that much, it were bad from the beginning. ;)

From the EULA in section 9

MINDARK'S LIABILITY TOWARDS YOU SHALL, IF ACKNOWLEDGED, IN EACH INCIDENCE BE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT TRANSFERRED INTO THE INVOLVED ACCOUNT BY SAID PARTICIPANT UNDER SIX MONTHS PERIOD PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT

if thats the bit you meant.

We've known for a while that MA were using the player funds to finance the CE2 conversion.

i wish people understood this section, but alas not... its similar in most software boilerplate legalese. the "incident" is a claim of loss through negligence.

We've known for a while that MA were using the player funds to finance the CE2 conversion.
Nope, not that part. It's a interview I'm looking for. Were some years ago.
EULA is used to protect the company, what I'm looking for is a statement
that they will provide us with RLmoney of total PED value we have on our
account, if the game were shut down.

But if we look at the interest, that often is good indication on how much
money that has been "resting" in the bankaccount under the year, it seem
to fit better as it is now, due to EULA.
Imo we have actually no rights at all. We buy a value from the company
called MA, that gives us zero legal rights and garantuees of that value.

I doubt you know they used it, unless they have some official info about it.
Otherwise it's a (valid) guess. Another guess is that they used the
BG-investment to pay the CE2-license. ;)

i wish people understood this section, but alas not... its similar in most software boilerplate legalese. the "incident" is a claim of loss through negligence.
Very few have read the EULA, and even less understand it. ;)
Actually some time ago I read it, seems it's time again for doing that. :)

Nope, not that part. It's a interview I'm looking for. Were some years ago.
EULA is used to protect the company, what I'm looking for is a statement
that they will provide us with RLmoney of total PED value we have on our
account, if the game were shut down.

The EULA used to read:

"MINDARK'S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY"

"MINDARK'S LIABILITY TOWARDS ANY PARTICIPANT SHALL, IF ACKNOWLEDGED, IN EACH INCIDENCE BE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE INITIAL AMOUNT TRANSFERRED BY SAID PARTICIPANT INTO THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE"

I'm not sure about current TT value of account.

The EULA used to read:

I'm not sure about current TT value of account.
Ok, I guess I have to mention it again, it wasn't from EULA, it was a
policy they had if the game were shut down.

What you are referring to is the introduction of the Mindark share onto a international stock exchange. Atm the shares are only available on the private market.
It is also in this annual report:

As announced in earlier annual reports Mindark planed to make its share listed on a international stock exchange during 2008 and met an agreement with Credit Suisse for the realisation of this project. The global finance crisis led to the postponement of this project to a later date.
Mindark and Credit Suisse agreed to resume the process with a stock exchange listing once Mindark completes the three dimensional platform in EU and establish at least three independent planets that generates growth and income for the concern (Mindark PE AB).

This is quite interesting as the goal is to have more then 3planets available later this year, then we should see a stock exchange listing finally take place :)

if they are listed on the stock exchange in sweden anyone know how i can buy shares in them from England?

Also there was talk of FPC being bought by someone before was there any date mentioned when they would announce that? I thought it would be in August sometime but can't remember why I thought that ...

Also there was talk of FPC being bought by someone before was there any date mentioned when they would announce that? I thought it would be in August sometime but can't remember why I thought that ...

the document says due diligence on the purchase is expected to complete by 15th August. the sale would be after this.

MA might list in Sweden, but i would expect UK (larger access to high risk happy money, light but translarent regulation. small international companies are contanstly listing on AIM). Getting shares on a foreign board is easier these with internet dealing account. quite look shows TD Waterhouse allows dealing on Swedish board, telephone only. others might do online.

Back