PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 29 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Dave Ace Flyster
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tamlin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Now with that out of the way, I have to assume both you and thoreau are on MA's payroll - I don't see how any customer of this establishment could seriously defend MA's and FPC's actions unless they either are on the payroll, or want to sweep the truth under the rug to "get more depositing players" in an attempt to recover their losses. As the latter would be so childishly obvious as to make it implausible, I'd have to assume employment.

It's good to see that's out in the open, but it's sad to see what kind of tactics MA stoops to, and what kind of people they employ.
    ROFL, this gets better, interesting argument, well as you have proven to me what i wrote before is correct, you go for your conspiracies, as you do not seem much use for anything else

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: i do agree with one point of yours though, my grammer sucks

EDIT2: just one word of advice, assumptions are devils nuggets, they look and taste bad, and you seem to have gorged a whole cake load!
    Last edited by Ace Flyster; 06-16-2010 at 18:24.
    2nd published novel: 'The Shadow Grounds'
    1st published novel: 'The Eyes of the Devil'
    Book 3 - Working Title 'The Meeting of Worlds' - 25%
    Book 4 - Sci-Fi Book - No title yet - 10%

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rusty Redrock
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    "MindArk expects to Next Island will be established in the summer and Creative Kingdoms plane in the fall."

With the statement taken from this report it looks like Next Island in July and CKI in October if they start them when the new quarter starts.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Spike Spike Black
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Images
    They also expected CE2 conversion to take a lot less time to do.

I wonder how this would have looked without Buzz buying CP.
    "I hope one day I love something the way women in commercials love yogurt" - It's a Gundam
    "You know when you're old. You walk past a night club and no one offers you a flyer" - Greg Davies.
    <raptr sig was here until it started causing security issues in chrome>

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Harmony Bella Simpson
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Flyster, were you having PMS or were you just drunk?
    Knowing Ace a bit, i'm pretty sure it's the alcohol.

But then again you know they say about drunk people and always telling the truth....

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Leona DaVinci
    Society
    Art of War
    Images
    .. but perhaps you should learn what a "sentence" is before making such statements. It wasn't even in the same paragraph.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vf8N6GpdM

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jenna "Star" Mercury
    Society
    Dark Templar
    Images
    All of your FPC are belong to me!
    Click the link to visit Stargazing.tv! http://www.twitch.tv/stargazing

MindArk Official
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have to assume both you and thoreau are on MA's payroll - I don't see how any customer of this establishment could seriously defend MA's and FPC's actions unless they either are on the payroll, or want to sweep the truth under the rug to "get more depositing players" in an attempt to recover their losses.
    I also get accused of being on MAs/FPCs payroll, when I oppose unfounded and non-factual whining that sometimes appears on this forum...

I never see even a pec of the money I supposedly get though

Where is my salary MA?

EDIT: Btw, if I were on MA's payroll, it would be kinda stupid of me to complain about stuff which I do too (the second item needed for tiering, the loot balancing but not average return...)
    Community liaison in charge of player-developer communications.
    If you have feedback or questions, please make a thread about it.

I do not handle support issues and will generally not answer forum private messages.
    This account was made official on June 15th, 2016. Posts from before this date are not official.

Prowler
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Randall Psychnosiz Flagg
    Society
    Digital Resistance
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thoreau View Post
    Can you name me 1 MMO/Virtual world that 'seriously' markets their product? Name 1.
    You are inviting to break forum rules
    19 pages and no one even come close to the origin of the problem

Percentage of women on the Board 0%
    Percentage of women among other senior executives 0%
    Women are needed to guard men from stupidities. Like buying property and reseling property. Trying to run without having shoes to rely on, shoes which are treated with respect.

But seriously ...

Quote Originally Posted by Marco|FPC View Post
    Understandably there are some questions raised due to the annual report. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the FPC part - yet. What I can say is that the future for FPC and Planet Calypso is looking brighter than ever.
    I heard about the exact same words from a CEO from an international bank and the next working day there was a big plate on the window "For Sale". So my apologies but your answer is subjective, as no representative would ever state there is a problem or he will never find a job again. Kinda deleted my answer, as it would be partly a professional point of view, and just like EU, my services aren't free. It's over 20 degrees so you could sweat me though.

Options are clear enough, and if you fail, ... we'll just all have a big LOL then I guess. Good luck.
    Atrox Killin' since 2009.
    Uber: 0 | Hof: 4 | Globs: 65 | Highest: 470ped | Fap-5: Lost count

CND Mining (unamped) since opening.
    Uber: 0 | Hof: 8 | Globs: Lost count | Highest: 880ped

Banned
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Fire Sparkz Lavawalker
    Society
    Church of Lootius
    Blog Entries
    Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Marco|FPC View Post
    Understandably there are some questions raised due to the annual report. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the FPC part - yet. What I can say is that the future for FPC and Planet Calypso is looking brighter than ever.
    Sounds good,

Backup plan - Jump suits with parachutes on hand

Slayer
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Igorl View Post
    Selling something for 6M USD means someone will want to recoup that amount. At current EU state I would say in 3 years to compensate for the high risk involved.

Meaning ppl will have to pay 12M US$ in 3 years. Considering there is ~5000 active depositors, lets asume new owner brings in 50% increase - 7500 depositors. Price per depositor = 1600$ / 3 years, equals 44$ /mo only for FPC.
    the criticism that your assement is based on vague assumptions is correct. if i take one factor, the expected rate of return and change it to 5 years, everything else is garbage. dont confuse your appetite for risk with what others might be. further, a very brief look at the accounts shows net sales of SEK 68 million, or ~$9million (at 7.5:1 rate). so they are already drawing in 225% of the revenue you assume. do you want to really assume how many depositors there are? we the community can barely agree a number of active players, to put a number on depositers is pure guess work based on nothing.

oh, and sometimes an investor *will* put money in something because its nice and a bit of speculation, a sideline or even that they simply believe in it. again dont assume others analysis is the same as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaffen View Post
    This is the problem. The conception is good, however MA got a bit ahead of themselves...and 1 good idea doesn't employ more than 2 people for very long (RCE).
    now i dont think they are getting everything right by a long chalk, but as highlighted above the idea *is* enough to employ quite alot of people for quite along time. unless im mistaken, the net sales is greater than the staffing costs, the main reason for the (first year) of negative cash flow is investment in infrastucture.

what i dont understand is why people use the accounts to trash MA. im not sure if they dont read them, dont understand them (and they are odd and difficult to follow i find) or just dont understand business. ive seen the same old comments for years yet MA is still generating wads of cash, and i've seen accounts far worse.

to add and underline the above... a real investor might see the accounts very differently to how the players see it. some have said its bad that MA need to get cash from a thrid party, but turn it around, someone has seen an investment they want to put $6million into. surely thats positive?
    Last edited by aridash; 06-16-2010 at 20:42.
    consider a cockup before a conspiracy

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 29 ... LastLast