Annual report MA

Understandably there are some questions raised due to the annual report. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the FPC part - yet. What I can say is that the future for FPC and Planet Calypso is looking brighter than ever.

hmm brighter isnt always a good thing. When the sun goes red giant... the sky will be very bright :))))))) Just before everyone got suck in....

[YOUTUBE]qm9_gpGF3Xw[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
The whole business-model of this game is messed up from the beginning. Money doesn't circulate the way it should, as people are withdrawing, quitting the game, or just don't spend as much as they used to. The economy is on a constant, steady drop for over a year now. People are less motivated to hunt/mine due to the bad loots, Sweat is reaching a new rock-bottom every few weeks...

The first few years of this game went pretty smooth, but then they started adding 'equipping-decay' and other sorts of tricky little ways to gain the money they need for circulation. It was a bad sign back then, but people chose to ignore.

Suddenly MA had this urge to replace the graphic engine. Not only did it NOT attract thousands of new people, it actually made quite a few people quit due to the fact that this new engine requires some pretty new and rather pricey computer rig.

While that change the graphics engine must have influenced the drop in the number of players is also true that it is perfectly possible to play with all settings on "high" with older machines. In my case I have a Atlhon 64 4000 + with 2Gb RAM and a 512MB ATI 3650 Raedon (AGP) and I have no problems in playing every day. I think the main factor for the fall are the two international crises that have seriously affected the ability to deposit of many players who did so regularly.

...planet calypso is intended to be sold for 6 million usd.

YESS! :headbang:

Finally it will be out of the sweaty sleazy grip of MA.

I have held on sooooo long waiting for this to happen!!:yay:

Please PLEASE PLEASE I hope CCPGames buy it !!!!!

The whole business-model of this game is messed up from the beginning. Money doesn't circulate the way it should, as people are withdrawing, quitting the game, or just don't spend as much as they used to. The economy is on a constant, steady drop for over a year now. People are less motivated to hunt/mine due to the bad loots, Sweat is reaching a new rock-bottom every few weeks...

The first few years of this game went pretty smooth, but then they started adding 'equipping-decay' and other sorts of tricky little ways to gain the money they need for circulation. It was a bad sign back then, but people chose to ignore.

Suddenly MA had this urge to replace the graphic engine. Not only did it NOT attract thousands of new people, it actually made quite a few people quit due to the fact that this new engine requires some pretty new and rather pricey computer rig.

Then CND came along, there was a hype, and not six (thanks for the fix*) years later, Neverdie sells CND...

And New Oxford.. a complete, total, despicable failure.

Rocktropia got published, and it was a disaster. Enough arguing about that. I bet you less than 500 people are currently playing there right now, as you read this post.

Then, they started offering things like custom loot messages, placing Teleporters and other strange shady stuff.

There were so many signs but people simply chose to ignore them. Well, now that the fact-sheet is on display, you can't argue with the official numbers anymore.

Six million USDs aren't going to save MA, only buy them some time. As any proper economist knows, we're getting a world financial crisis once in every ten years or so, so how long is this game going to hold?..

While that change the graphics engine must have influenced the drop in the number of players is also true that it is perfectly possible to play with all settings on "high" with older machines. In my case I have a Atlhon 64 4000 + with 2Gb RAM and a 512MB ATI 3650 Raedon (AGP) and I have no problems in playing every day. I think the main factor for the fall are the two international crises that have seriously affected the ability to deposit of many players who did so regularly.

The point is, when you have no money, you cut down on expenses. This was not the case with MA here.

They engaged themselves in projects they started and have NOT finished, or ones that simply failed (New Oxford for instance).

Money was an issue, so they added the L items, the TIER system, the ridiculous taxing on pretty much everything you do in this game (equipping-fees, decay etc), but players kept adapting and seeking for ways to gain as much as possible with minimum losings. They introduced advertisement systems, large-scale player-owned land-areas (CND, TI), but to no avail, the numbers speak for themselves.

There are so many issues with this game that will ultimately lead to it's failure. For instance, the monetary system:

The monetary system in this game can and is easily exploited, which is why unless MA intervenes and adds money to the loot-pool itself, the pool is simply going to dry out. People everywhere look for ways to cut down on expenses, hunt eco, make profit over zero loses, and money does not circulate.

Traders and resellers, for instance, are probably the biggest winners of this game. They decide to take matters into their own hands; they pay zero fees, they set the price, it's either their way, or the highway. They earn and circulate thousands, dare I say hundred-thousands of PEDs every year, but none of that money finds it's way back to the loot-pool.

Now, people all over the place say the loot is terrible. There's the explanation. MA can't intervene anymore, they're losing money, so there's no loot.

Another group are the sweaters, and FPC "took care of those" this very last version-update. They can sweat for years, and still, their hard work will amount to nothing.

Game is going downhill. Marco promising a 'brighter future' gave me a good laugh. Unless they double or even triple their player-base every year, or get more benefactors, they have no chance to survive in the next ten years. I'd start liquidating my shit asap if I were in Neverdie's or in Deathifier's place.

Reality check: planet partners don't have control of game mechanics.

Now, can we get back to discussion of the economics? Thank you to those who shared translations and insight so far.

YESS! :headbang:

Finally it will be out of the sweaty sleazy grip of MA.

I have held on sooooo long waiting for this to happen!!:yay:

Please PLEASE PLEASE I hope CCPGames buy it !!!!!

well that wont change a thing.. MA still has all controll over game mechanics and game balance.

Understandably there are some questions raised due to the annual report. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the FPC part - yet. What I can say is that the future for FPC and Planet Calypso is looking brighter than ever.

With other words...business as usually better graphic and lots off nerfs. :D

What I can say is that the future for FPC and Planet Calypso is looking brighter than ever.

OK, let's say we take your word for it. What has this to do with game mechanics, that MA is the sole controlling entity of and every planet partner has its hands tied by, that is the source of what most people are curently dissatisfied with (to be as polite as possible)?

FPC may have a brilliant future, for FPC, but unless MA fixes some pretty serious issues in the platform they have created, and implements quite a lot of the things the customer base wants - nay needs - FPC can bask in the glory of a nuclear disaster and it would still fit "looking brighter than ever".

Please stop posting shit like this, Marco. Try to raise above this and first and foremost deliver on previous promises, or at least state publically "We fucked up! Here are the reasons: ...". Until that's done, I'd have to say your credibility is as high as MA's customer communication abilities.

Please stop posting shit like this, Marco. Try to raise above this and first and foremost deliver on previous promises, or at least state publically "We fucked up! Here are the reasons: ...". Until that's done, I'd have to say your credibility is as high as MA's customer communication abilities.

A rare -rep from me for that post. You need to be around a bit longer before you come like that.

>2?!

They did go from 57 employees to 74. That's a big increase in expenses.

This is the problem. The conception is good, however MA got a bit ahead of themselves...and 1 good idea doesn't employ more than 2 people for very long (RCE).

Interesting that people are actually willing to take a consistent % loss - personally decay is all I except, so I will let my toon dissolve as painlessly as possible and thank MA for a reasonable cost per hour over the past 6 years.

It's a shame MA never recognised what they had. Selling restricted 3d engines won't take them far into 2011.

Reactions: Mac
You need to be around a bit longer before you come like that.

Your choice. If it makes you feel better, be my guest. Here's another post to -rep me on.

You may however have considered that someone may have been a customer of both FPC and MA a bit longer than they had their EF account though, before giving me such a good chuckle.

I was under the impression that the investors are buying FPC, so FPC at least the name might not even exist anymore ;)....either way the split is with the investors and MA

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: so Marco and Hanne would work for the investors

This is pure conjecture as i have no idea really

My feeling is that is not the case, i think FPC will still be the company developing planet Calypso. It could be that MA gets 50 % of the profit from the planet, and the rest is split between FPC and the new investors. So in realality MA gets 75 % because they own FPC. I guess we will know more after the summer.

Politics & Statistics...

Aww. 6 months not enough stalling time? Let's face it PE is built on one fairly good idea. It has not and will never support the staff costs it has created for itself. Personally, my toon development over the first 2 years has been eroded since the onset of the third year. I have adapted to get as much progress as possible without further investment since then (except for $500) so I'm done.

Aww. 6 months not enough stalling time? Let's face it PE is built on one fairly good idea. It has not and will never support the staff costs it has created for itself. Personally, my toon development over the first 2 years has been eroded since the onset of the third year. I have adapted to get as much progress as possible without further investment since then (except for $500) so I'm done.

Well that is not realy true.... if they could increase the depositing players with about 25 % without increasing the expensives they are pretty much on profit, and i think that we will have a increase of active players in the comeing month and years. I am optimistic :)

OK, let's say we take your word for it. What has this to do with game mechanics, that MA is the sole controlling entity of and every planet partner has its hands tied by, that is the source of what most people are curently dissatisfied with (to be as polite as possible)?

FPC may have a brilliant future, for FPC, but unless MA fixes some pretty serious issues in the platform they have created, and implements quite a lot of the things the customer base wants - nay needs - FPC can bask in the glory of a nuclear disaster and it would still fit "looking brighter than ever".

ROFL, this gave me a giggle especially your "FPC can bask in the glory of a nuclear disaster and it would still fit "looking brighter than ever"

What disaster, sky falling much??? People like you having been saying stuff like this for years, well ever since PE started back in the early days, and funnily enough

IT IS STILL HERE!!! (sorry for the caps i couldnt resist ;) )

Serious issues?? Like what? If you are talking about loot save your voice, MA needs to make a profit, and it has not changed much at all, well tt returns anyways

And havving a go at Marco for saying the future looks bright, when in the same sentance you blame MA for tieing their hands......just OMG man get over it already

Okay my rant is over for the day

Let the bashing continue

Rgds

Ace

new assets, new employees and profit....that sounds like a gold management and marketing teams there. And this is crisis time...How will be in normal time?.when these guys will go on stock markets... anybody know? i love to buy some shares ..realy. Very nice..love it:)

and i think that we will have a increase of active players in the comeing month and years. I am optimistic :)

I think that the plan is to get as many planets up and advertizing as possible during 2010-2011 so they get a lot of players in :yay:

I am very curious to see what SEE might be bringing in :D

Ok, I went through this report again and Im not an expert in this area but
the report has an "comparing disturbing" sum on the cost side of ~10M sek ( costs related to the bank adventure) and that is a onetime cost in my eyes.
If that sum is taken out from the report it starts looking normal in my eyes.

But they need some cash and therefore probably made the "give-us-cash-now-and-get-better-procentege" deal, selling(or what ever it is) of calypso and selling of a building in Germany(not sure if it the same building they are building?) :scratch2:
They think they can manage with this the rest of 2010 with expansive efforts to the planetpartner model.

I think that the plan is to get as many planets up and advertizing as possible during 2010-2011 so they get a lot of players in :yay:

I am very curious to see what SEE might be bringing in :D

Yes, i think FPC and other planet partners will start advertising when some more things like vehicles are ready. I belive FPC want both the mindforce and the vehicles, in combination with a better envoriment and help for new players, online before they start some doing some more PR for the game.

Cudga Wudga

Well that is not realy true.... if they could increase the depositing players with about 25 % without increasing the expensives they are pretty much on profit, and i think that we will have a increase of active players in the comeing month and years. I am optimistic :)

Yeah...add 25% to a market that is currently stagnant to failing...best of luck with that, seriously.

74 people to run what exactly? That's 74 salaries for what? - It sure as hell disqualifies it as a zero sum system...ahem IG advertising.

MA staff have clearly expanded over the years and have yet been unable to add value as a consequence. The novelty has reached as many as will ever care to try it on a serious front....corporate dilution, bureaucratically top heavy, Ego over substance... however it is broken down MA have not understood their product well enough to avoid a slow dissolution.

Yeah...add 25% to a market that is currently stagnant to failing...best of luck with that, seriously.

74 people to run what exactly? That's 74 salaries for what? - It sure as hell disqualifies it as a zero sum system...ahem IG advertising.

MA staff have clearly expanded over the years and have yet been unable to add value as a consequence. The novelty has reached as many as will ever care to try it on a serious front....corporate dilution, bureaucratically top heavy, Ego over substance... however it is broken down MA have not understood their product well enough to avoid a slow dissolution.

Well, they are growing from a pretty small player base and i think it not at all impossible to have at least +25% more active players this time next year. One problem is if the new planets "steal" players from FPC without actracting their own new players, because a share of the peds spent on the new planets will go to those new planet partners, and not MA.

One problem is if the new planets "steal" players from FPC without actracting their own new players, because a share of the peds spent on the new planets will go to those new planet partners, and not MA.

Well that is not supposed to happen, at least :dunno: since they are supposed to bring their own players

Flyster, were you having PMS or were you just drunk?

People like you having been saying stuff like this for years, well ever since PE started back in the early days

Would you like to share with the rest of us what "people like me" would be?

I think you shouldn't jump to conclusions that much as me suggesting the sky is falling, it could not only display yourself in a bad light but also paint yourself into a corner.

Serious issues?? Like what?

You haven't logged in in a year, have you?

If you are talking about loot save your voice, MA needs to make a profit, and it has not changed much at all, well tt returns anyways

Funny thing is, I never mentioned loot, and it wasn't even in my mind when I wrote my respose to Marco's post. Freudian response from you, perhaps?

And havving a go at Marco for saying the future looks bright, when in the same sentance you blame MA for tieing their hands......

Not to kick someone already down, but perhaps you should learn what a "sentence" is before making such statements. It wasn't even in the same paragraph.

Now with that out of the way, I have to assume both you and thoreau are on MA's payroll - I don't see how any customer of this establishment could seriously defend MA's and FPC's actions unless they either are on the payroll, or want to sweep the truth under the rug to "get more depositing players" in an attempt to recover their losses. As the latter would be so childishly obvious as to make it implausible, I'd have to assume employment.

It's good to see that's out in the open, but it's sad to see what kind of tactics MA stoops to, and what kind of people they employ.

That is IMO of importance to put weight behind the annual report, and to add credibility to FPC's statement(s)...

Back