PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 17 ... LastLast
    Dominant
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They did go from 57 employees to 74. That's a big increase in expenses.
    As there is a few discussions on employees etc. then I thought I'd take some numbers from the report...

Payouts to suppliers and employees: 2009: -74 093 535 SEK 2008: -67 862 671 SEK
    This is for the whole concern(Mindark PE AB) which includes FPC etc.

So yea the numbers are up!
    Born: 2003-10-29 in Tethys Creek

Quote Originally Posted by billairboy View Post
    Yes, if the deal is completed they solve a lot of cash problems. I wonder who the buyer is.... and what about FPC?
    7eleven

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post
    In the report at the end it states:

Not sure what that means. Does it mean in last years AGM they were given approval to issue more shares but to date they have not exercised that right? If so that's a good sign right ?

If they issued more shares? what does that mean in terms of value?
    Yes, thats correcly. Well, it could be both good and bad. Maybe no one would buy the shares so they did not issue any, or they felt they didn't need to do it. Hard to tell.

Dominant
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Images
    Yes, thats correcly. Well, it could be both good and bad. Maybe no one would buy the shares so they did not issue any, or they felt they didn't need to do it. Hard to tell.
    Maybe no one wanted to sell at current state?
    I looked for shares available publicly the other day but there was nothing to find...
    Born: 2003-10-29 in Tethys Creek

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Ace Skywalker
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No what I wanted to know was If a company issues shares and they are bought does this mean the share value goes down?

Issuing shares would generate more cash right? so by not doing this it shows they can manage without extra cash.

Also by issuing shares do they loose part of the "owenership" due to number of shares issued?

I'm not really familiar with the technical names for share dealing/accounting so I hope you understand what I mean.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post
    No what I wanted to know was If a company issues shares and they are bought does this mean the share value goes down?

Issuing shares would generate more cash right? so by not doing this it shows they can manage without extra cash.

Also by issuing shares do they loose part of the "owenership" due to number of shares issued?

I'm not really familiar with the technical names for share dealing/accounting so I hope you understand what I mean.
    Yes, the value of the shares often goes down after new shares are issued, but it depends on how much the "buyers" pay for the new shares and the share value before.

Supportscammer for hire chielsen's Avatar
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jan Phoenix Lid
    Society
    Groene Draeck
    Images
    Normally they need the cash for a reason (paying off debt, buying other companies). So for the profitability it should be good -> price of share increases.

But yeah you loose ownership and often price goes down too, but it shouldn't always be that way.

MindArk Official
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacxz View Post
    Maybe no one wanted to sell at current state?
    I looked for shares available publicly the other day but there was nothing to find...
    MindArk (or FPC, cant remember) stated last year that they would postpone going public with the shares due to the current economical situation in the world, after advice from their economy advicer
    Community liaison in charge of player-developer communications.
    If you have feedback or questions, please make a thread about it.

I do not handle support issues and will generally not answer forum private messages.
    This account was made official on June 15th, 2016. Posts from before this date are not official.

Alpha
    Society
    Obsidian
    Images
    Depending who the buyer is of FPC, this could be exactly what many have wished for a long time. If Calypso ends up in the right company that has a good vision and respects its playerbase, along with a very good marketing plan, this could very well be the start of something even better. And if planet partners bring their own new playerbase, which I think is necessary for them to be successful, we may actually get a very large and stable playerbase, which is what everyone has wished for for a long time.

Of course, that is a hopeful scenario. There always is a chance the ship may be going down, but I'd like to think this could be very good news.

Issuing of new shares is typically done for getting more capital. More shares dilutes the previous shareholder's value, thus making the price/share go down because there are more shares, at least initially. If the new capital raised will result in higher revenues and profits, then you will see the price/share increase again as the company grows its revenues.

So, as said, it could be a good thing that new shares weren't issued because it shows they don't need capital for regular funding and debt payments, but it could also mean that they are not planning on growing the company or increase marketing. They likely did not issue more shares since they are selling FPC.

There still quite a few unknowns still out there, mainly who is buying the FPC?

Slayer
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Images
    7 pages and im surprised noone has remarked about the report being released in Swedish for the first time in... well forever?

i havent read it yet and not really in the mood to, is there anyone who understands these things enlighten if the the lower cashflow is the result of reduced sales or investment? and given the global economic backdrop how does it compare?
    consider a cockup before a conspiracy

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 17 ... LastLast