POLL: Should MA spend our money upgrading entropia or upgrading castles??

Should MA spend our money upgrading Entropia or Castles?

• Wohoo: Castles!

Votes: 112 28.0%
  • Wohoo: Entropia!

Votes: 200 50.0%
  • Wohoo: EFD!

Votes: 88 22.0%

• Total voters
Status

Akoz

Rogue Banker
Society
Shaolin
Akoz
As some of you know MA just released their financial report from 2009(1) in which a lot of their expenses are listed. This time it also included the address of a previously mentioned property in Germany purchased in June 2006(2).

A quick google-search of the address gives this puzzling result:
10343158.jpg

The picture above showing it before the purchase in 2006 - then scheduled for demolition

Nope.. it's not a server park! It's not offices! It's a castle!

Known as the "white castle" MA spent the next 3 years renovating it and coloring it in their favorite color, no-loot-Yellow;

weissesschloss.jpg
weissesschloss.jpg

The picture above showing it after MA spent large sums renovating it

Seriously MA; w00t? :lolup:

Purchase price: 195 000 EUR (2006)
Fixing it up : 1 150 000 EUR (so far)

Trivia:
74 000 square meters property
600 square meters residential area

References:
1 p27 http://www.mindark.com/press/financial-reports/documents/MindArk-arsredovisning-2009.pdf

2 p13 ftp://ftp.mindark.se/reports/AnnualReport2006_LOW.pdf

http://www.welt.de/print-welt/artic...=translate&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CEUQ7gEwBw

For googlemaps check out; http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Gnome...51.086375,13.620542&spn=0.000954,0.00284&z=19

Last edited:
Damn it's ugly.

MA are now selling that property as they have no use for it :)

its in the annuall report

I want to know the damn reason for buying it in the first place!

Aaah the castle ... ;)

Last edited:
Mindark is resellers :D this is how they make cash

Maybe they wanted to bring Murder burgers to Germany?

Nice to hear that my money went for restoration of one of our old castles. :cool:

Now I can see a sense in paying such a lot of money for a virtual game! :yay:

A German Castle...?

Was this going to be their Bank? I have to say I'm confused about how that purchase could have served MA.
But I do like to point out that it is not our money once we hand it over to them freely without coercion.

They should put it in the loot pool :woot:

A German Castle...?

Was this going to be their Bank? I have to say I'm confused about how that purchase could have served MA.
But I do like to point out that it is not our money once we hand it over to them freely without coercion.

Translate it as "money from us" :)

Anyway this is nothing bad, i would say you can profit a damn lot of money, but all depends on how much you spend on reconstruction, or better to say how you generally manage it ;)

Both Jan & Marco have seperate throne rooms there :laugh: :wtg:

No big surprise here. I would be surprised if Entropia Universe was present at E3 Expo in Los Angeles, one of the largest games exposition of the year. Those castles don´t help to incress the player base! Ohhh forget it. The servers can hardly handle the existing players now. :/

MA is doing what the players' do? Resell?

I want to loot that castle would be perfect for a holiday house :king:

And which other gaming company/service provider/platform developer can brag about owning a rl castle(PR oppertunity) :D

Ok,

U all just dont get it!!!

THIS CASTLE WAS THE HOME OF THE SPACE PIRATES!:wise:

But the space pirates striked and decided to require more government funding and went bankrupt anyway so MA foreclosed on their property i guess..

Last edited:
I want to know the damn reason for buying it in the first place!

I agree with the above. Completely useless purchase. However, I think it does look rather good in yellow..but it would be better in purple or neon purple. :D

I agree with the above. Completely useless purchase. However, I think it does look rather good in yellow..but it would be better in purple or neon purple. :D

well if there actually was a purpose to buy the damn thing then it might not been useless. But since we players have no idea if there was a purpose i call Completely useless on that castle!! And just pure pissing our money into the sea.

I think this about defines epic for me :laugh:

But it's not that hard, with the money players invest in virtual property, they invest in rl property. I guess they are chasing their fantasies a bit too litteral. You cannot be taken seriously as a bank with such an 'outlet'. :laugh:

They've probbly bought it in the early stages. Possibly, way before 2008.
Shareholders vacation property, maybe?
Renovations, they'll sell it.

Its just a tax write off really, no biggy.

I actually prefer it in the first photo. They should have kept the layout and colour and just given it a lease of life. Would probably have been a lot cheaper and netted them some profit.

Reactions: dj.
I can see several reasons for the purchace of that castle.

1. Ego's being God and king of all they survey.
2. A place for retreating that may have creativity enhancing potential.
3. Some where certain members of MA could be alone before gay rights allowed open relations in Sweden.
4. Someone there did like we used to do on a weekend binge and went on a road trip waking up in the castle with the deed in hand blankly staring at one another saying we did what?
5. Tzepu asked for renovations on Morningtier and since theres NO FUCKING LIGHTS ON. MA had to buy this to reproduce the renovations IRL.
6. MA is in a panic we may revolt any second and they wanted a fortified structure to hold up in until a new RCE came out and we all lost interest in lynching them.
7. They are just plain fucking nutbags.

WooHoo Castles!

Pasted via Mobile Gnome :)

No freaking wunder that the loot is all gone.... :rolleyes:

I cant see the reason for the castle... unless it was a cheap quick sale :p....

Lots of companies invest in land... I think for tax reasons and value of land traditionally goes up so its a safer investment usually....

Where they keep the investors entertained with hookers and cookies :yay:

I freaked out in a yellow room once :eek:, wouldnt had been my pick of color.

Known as the "white castle" MA spent the next 3 years renovating it and coloring it in their favorite color, no-loot-Yellow;

weissesschloss.jpg

Absolutely... hideous.

Status
Back