POLL: Should MA spend our money upgrading entropia or upgrading castles??

Should MA spend our money upgrading Entropia or Castles?

• Wohoo: Castles!

Votes: 112 28.0%
  • Wohoo: Entropia!

Votes: 200 50.0%
  • Wohoo: EFD!

Votes: 88 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
195k euro is not mutch money, im pretty shure they can get a nice profit selling this if needed, and if not they have a impressive place to show of to future planet partners :D or maybe they are just trying to protect themslefs from angry entropians what better way then walls and maybe a moat even :D

Well its their money and they are free to do whatever they want with it.

If buying a castle is a good plan or not is debatable,
but even good plans can fire back badly.

Somehow I had to think of Microprose, yes thats the people that made civilization, pirates and a ton of flight simulator games.
At one point the CEO fell in love with the idea of producing an own line of arcade machines with flight simulators, a good plan in itself, but they sank so much money in that, that the company went bankrupt.

Sometimes all it takes is taking one wrong turn, but mostly its a series of wrong decisions and ignorance of the actual situation and the need to take action.

Actually MA buying a castle is a good sign, it means the company is doing well, as only utterly insane people would spend this kind of money if money would be short :)

if not they have a impressive place to show of to future planet partners :D

Jan: "And this is the dungeon, where we keep people who has... disappointed us. You know, old planet partners who couldn't live up to their part of the deal and such... Understood?"
Future Planet Partner: "Yes sir! Understood sir!"

I always find it amazing how many people defend and justify on these forums :laugh:

On this pic the castle doesnt look too bad, it fit quite wel between the autumn trees.

It really depend where and when you look at it. Once it is finished and wel pim-up, it may looks very nice and can be sold for good cash.

It isnt a master piece in architecture, but for the amount cash spent, it looks good on this distant.

Not sure what they have done, they didnt spend too much really. Proably they hire a lot of hard working Polish contractors :) and only pay them in sweat :)

Only if its a New Castle :yay:

Interesting find.

I really don't care what they buy.. .BUT.. when we have such HUGE losses and don't even make our decay back let alone ammo..... MA could take the time and FIX THE BALANCING MANAGER???????????????? Maybe the guys remodeling can do it since they seem to be 'working'. ... sigh...

I stopped reading after two pages...

Anyways, in sweden, if your company has money left over at the end of the year that is considered profit. On this profit you must pay taxes.

There is one way to get around this, by using the money up. That is considered investments and you wont have to pay tax on the money you spent on investments.

Buying real estate for 195 000€ and then fixing it up for 1 150 000€ could actually be a great deal. Since 2006 they have been able to put soem of their profit on this castle.

This means that they could sell it now for a few 100k € less than they spent on it and still brake even.

WTG MA! :yay:

Reactions: Ozi
when we have such HUGE losses and don't even make our decay back let alone ammo..... MA could take the time and FIX THE BALANCING MANAGER????????????????

I have pretty good average loot I think, only problem is the massive ups and downs :dunno: would rather get between 70% and 110% returns all the time than get between 10% and 300% :eek:

(This makes it so that some of my deposits lasts for quite a long time, and some are used rather quickly, depending on the ups-and-downs...)

nice one, its near Dresden the city where i was born and it looks familiar because of the style. There are many reasons for a acquisition of an object like this:

-Saxony is one of the fastest growing economic regions of germany that tries to sell itself as a hotspot for hightech industries. Its not coincidence that the GC was held in Leipzig for several years.

- If you got the choice to spend 200k bugs on an investment instead of paying taxes, the usual german way is to choose depreciation. Many of our fat cars see a road that way.

- the DDR decayed their immovable property what crushed the real estate value of nearly every house in the region. Combined with the "fastest growing economic region"-argument this little castle might be a really good investment and might go for a really good price. Dont forget that the "eastern block" starts no 100km away and many eastern investors are looking to set foot into germany.

- maybe one day we can loot it!? To say the least it would fit my portefolio.

Gott schuff die Menschen und liess sie wachsen,
dann kam der Teufel und schuf die Sachsen
und des Teufels dümmster Diener,
schuf im Suffe die Berliner

- now you know where i am from :silly2:

I actually prefer it in the first photo. They should have kept the layout and colour and just given it a lease of life. Would probably have been a lot cheaper and netted them some profit.

I agree with this. And it's not only a $ issue. The way they renewed it wiped out a lot of the history the place had. It looks like a recent construction, which is very bad when talking about historical buildings. Seriously, i'm amazed how something like that happened in Germany. I think it was criminal.

Seriously, at least in my country you can't touch the outside walls, unless they need to be restored and painted, but never demolished. Look at the pic. The only thing left intact was the top of the main tower. Historical buildings are under strict arquitectural rules, and even the insides have to be respected. If this was authorized by the municipality, i'm disapointed. If not, then i bet they will be sued by the state :D.

I agree with this. And it's not only a $ issue. The way they renewed it wiped out a lot of the history the place had. It looks like a recent construction, which is very bad when talking about historical buildings. Seriously, i'm amazed how something like that happened in Germany. I think it was criminal.

Well if the building was scheduled for demolition when they bought it, a re-make of color/looks is better than a demolished building right? :eek:

EDIT: Besides, maybe yellow was the original color and they just restored it?

Last edited:

Seriously, at least in my country you can't touch the outside walls, unless they need to be restored and painted, but never demolished. Look at the pic. The only thing left intact was the top of the main tower. Historical buildings are under strict arquitectural rules, and even the insides have to be respected. If this was authorized by the municipality, i'm disapointed. If not, then i bet they will be sued by the state :D.

the no-loot-yellow is a very common color for saxonian castles of the modern era, because most of them are built of sandstone from the Saxon Switzerland.

A good example is Schloss Moritzburg, as you can see here:

schloss-moritzburg.jpg

Well if the building was scheduled for demolition when they bought it, a re-make of color/looks is better than a demolished building right? :eek:

Correct. But i find it hard to believe it was scheduled for demolition.

After looking a second time at the pictures, i noticed that the old pic and new pic were taken from oposite sides. It is not possible to see what happened exactly, but it now seems to me it was just a a recovery/painting job, and not a tear-most-of-it-down-but-keep-the-cool-tower thing, which is ok in my book :).

Yup parlog, u guys have beautiful castles, but that last one i'd classify as palace if you don't mind :).

weissesschloss.jpg
weissesschloss.jpg

The picture above showing it after MA spent large sums renovating it

[/URL]

I really dont like the new color...

Jan : Hey Marco! Guess what we just bought?
Marco : Dunno. What?
Jan : A Castle! Our very own Castle! And it was an absolute bargain. :deal:
Marco : A bargain you say? Have you put it in the Repair Terminal yet?
Jan : Err...no. Hang on a minute....Ah.
Marco : So?
Jan : Nice weather we are having
Marco : Stop mucking about. How much?
Jan : 1 million euros
Marco : Pardon?
Jan : 1 million euros
Marco : :duh:
Jan : What should we do?
Marco : Fetch me the Balancing Manager....:rolleyes:

Here is what White Castle looks like in the states.

Sliders anyone?

719801815_d4900a8759.jpg

next step for castle development would be some ghosts . :yay:
how much for those ? we shall see in the report for 2010 ! :laugh:

Is this the "post your castle picture" thread?
Portuguese castles. Most don't look like doll houses.
836825817_86383dd6dd.jpg

Almourol Castle
1716981-Palacio_da_Pena-Portugal.jpg

Pena palace, Sintra
3713.JPG

Óbidos castle.
20645_ori_guimaraes.jpg

Guimaraes.
1414359-Castelo_dos_Templarios-Tomar.jpg

Castle of the Templars, Tomar. Templars changed name to Order of Christ and became navigators (that's why ships wore a red cross).
arraiolos-circ.jpg

Arraiolos.

Fortresses.
48534381_865aac119d.jpg

Berlengas
TorreBelem.jpg

Belém
almeida01.jpg

Almeida walled city.

There's a lot more. We do not have much palaces, but castles and fortresses you can find both inland, shores and some even in the water. A lot of them abroad (Brasil, Africa, from morrocco to ethiopia, all around the continent shore, India, Malaysia...). All of them made for warfare and defense.

I dont care what MA spending the money at so far they dont does it with the loot pool money.:D

heck and since 6 years i use the train which is moving along :duh:

time for a small visit :>

Jan obviously needed a place with the right ambiance for his Dr Evil cosplay.

This got to be a bad joke !!!!
But i know it isnt sadly .(
I will remeber that back in the days when i started, i read that MA didnt mean to make a big profit of the Project Entropia, but would be happy if it was going around and not cost the management any.

In other words they said that all would go back to the players exept for a reasonable pay check to the ones that working with managing it.

I can only confirm that its not the case anymore and god knows if it ewer been lol .

I would not cry if mister Jan Welterkrans or what his name is did pass the responsible of this amacing world to someone that is far less greedy then he is, enough said.

PS: I do love the concept but unsure how much more im willing to take of this BS, it´s more like bad pirates then a responsible company as far i can see im sad to say.

So they spend 1.5m Eu and gonna sell it for more now? Really had no idea german castles are dirt cheap btw, you can get a 36 sc m. appartments for same price here in Moscow ;p.

So they spend 1.5m Eu and gonna sell it for more now? Really had no idea german castles are dirt cheap btw, you can get a 36 sc m. appartments for same price here in Moscow ;p.
Holy crap, 1.5m € for an appartment of that size? Fook! Mine is twice as big and 10 times cheaper :D. Or you meant the original buy, not including the restauration expenses?

Status
Back