CND as future spaceport

Nirfu

Elite
Society
Rapture of Rebellion
Nirfu Nirfu Merlin
Somewhere deep in my mind I recall reading something about CND beeing the stepping stone to other planets if you travel from Calypso.

Anyone else remember something like this being said, and in such case by who?
I did spend some time searching for the answer by myself before posting this.

Well, if the tech works the way the back story of PE described it, Exodus Station is fitted with a jump rail that is used to propel craft for FTL travel.

See http://unionova.eu/old/history/full.html for details.

hmmm then we must start to install those momentum-exchange tethers at once !

it will cut down the fuel cost by 50% and space travel will be more economic

proably in stead of 40 ped to Rocktropia , it will be 20 peds ...

But wel you know the imperial goverment is always corrupt and show little interest in utilise new technology L:)

Ahhh dont send me to the gulag! ahhh no no ... 0o0o0o0o0o..0o0o...

hmmm then we must start to install those momentum-exchange tethers at once !

I think the idea was at the VU where they "fixed" hangar lending, that the spaceships would be disconnected from hangars.

I guess problem with spaceport at CND will be though MA will make more landing places, they won't release more spaceships.

As for cost, while the cost Calypso-Rocktropia is 40 ped, it was 55 ped CND-Rocktropia when I checked, for some odd reason.

i think there was a long time understanding that CND would become some sort of spaceport, but only in our collective imagination. nothing said from MA (they never do).

i think there was a long time understanding that CND would become some sort of spaceport, but only in our collective imagination. nothing said from MA (they never do).

Could be like you say and that is what I remember-.

Somewhere deep in my mind I recall reading something about CND beeing the stepping stone to other planets if you travel from Calypso.

Anyone else remember something like this being said, and in such case by who?
I did spend some time searching for the answer by myself before posting this.

Polly step backward because it actually costs more to TP to RT from there then from planet :laugh:

I.

I think it was possibly one of ND's quotes from a few years back. Or it was just an idea someone posted and it got attributated to ND and taken as fact due to its repetition.

If CND is so good than neverdie would not sell it.. so it is bad investment and loot sux there :)

It could just be company buying Calypso doesn't want to be paying out to another planet owner and has politely asked him to sell it.

Personally I hope it isn't the future space port because its another reason not to come back from another planet when CKI launch ;)

If CND is so good than neverdie would not sell it.. so it is bad investment and loot sux there :)

My thought was if it was once planned to be the stepping stone to space (remember the space pirates?) and now with FPC on sale that plan changed and that's one of the reason why ND is selling.

The vehicle system is also the gateway to space, enabling for avatars to cruise around in space and visit various places and planets in space.

im not holding my breath on timeline, but i think the hangar/ship tie is at an end. certinly can see CND opening up as a service station for inter-planet space travel.

I think there was a comment made by ND during some game show maybe in las Vegas or such he was so hyped up about space pirates etc ... Whatever happened to that ? I never understood what was it all about?

I don`t think even MA knows how it will turn out in the end. It`s almost like 6 years of watching Lost! LOL

I`ve had the feeling Athena being a space port and all will be used for docking and travel. So perhaps the part about getting rid of hangars fits the plan just like a car that can be spawned anywhere. Except a spaceship will need to be docked. Do I see docking fees in the future? Hold on to your wallets folks we are cleared for take-off!

With the new vehicles having guns and storage and also being 'lendable' maybe the concept of space pirates wouldn't be that difficult to implement?

Just a black, space-like background, lootable ship vs ship space quadrants, a change in the appearance of the vehicles and guns and we're almost there. :)

With the new vehicles having guns and storage and also being 'lendable' maybe the concept of space pirates wouldn't be that difficult to implement?

Just a black, space-like background, lootable ship vs ship space quadrants, a change in the appearance of the vehicles and guns and we're almost there. :)

I don't think it's that easy to i mplemet flying stuff. 3D battles is much harder to manage and create good controls for than on ground 2D battles.

Everyone been hunting in water understand what I mean. It will be interesting to see airbattles in the future and how MA have solved all problems with this.

nirfu I'm pretty certain I read something about the space station being the jumping off point to other planets too. I don't think it came from the same 'place' as the space pirates did either! :D

That said though, as I understand it there were things in the original contract that never happened and ND negotiated extra biodomes in compensation (or so I hear).

It would have made sense though... there were a lot of docking bays at CND iirc

Wistrel

As for air travel. I'm not sure what is stopping them. The planet looks great from the air so its not an issue there. Controls would need to be thought of yes... but its not a big deal and joysticks could always be purchased ;)

I spose additionally you need hover up/down, pitch forward/backward and roll left/right. Remember though, vehicles as they stand have to have server properties for all these values. They don't lie flat on the ground...

There would need to be some sort of maximum height though before you "enter orbit" as it were. I think at this stage they would need to seemlessly transport to another map where Calypso is a lumpy ball in a large space with several other lumpy balls (and maybe some pirate ship "mobs" lol!).

I really hope they do this soon though...

Wistrel

Should there be space pirates, I hope they will be player controlled.
Maybe there could be a PVP area in space, where one can fight space pirates :yay:

Should there be space pirates, I hope they will be player controlled.
Maybe there could be a PVP area in space, where one can fight space pirates :yay:

This was the plan :D

Jon Jacobs aka NEVERDIE, entrepreneur and famous virtual world
avatar within the Entropia Universe, will announce the first ever $5
million virtual world treasure hunt, Space Pirates, at CES 2008...

Exclusive to the Entropia Universe, Space Pirates, the
multi-million dollar treasure hunt, will be accessible to all virtual
world members and open to new players interested in joining the
virtual adventure. With Space Pirates, the Entropia Universe will
expand its virtual frontiers to include exploration and colonization
of new planets. The virtual world will introduce an assortment of new
space-related tools, equipment, blueprints, vehicles, treasures and
artifacts designed to assist avatars participating in the great quest.
There is no purchase necessary and no subscription fees applied to
join the Entropia Universe or to participate in the virtual treasure
hunt...

Full article:http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS105580+07-Jan-2008+BW20080107

Probably never will happen.

All the CND shop owners can only wish... The truth is that CND is just an astroid, and always has been... it's not even a moon... just a rock flying around the planet... it's kind of like the space junk flying around earth that fell off of NASA's various space vehicles... hunk of junk in the sky, ready to fall in to the atmosphere and disentegrate.

I held onto my shop for a long time with hopes that I could open it up when CND became a spaceport but I sold it off a month ago. I realized that this wasn't going to happen. So I wanted to sell while I could still get some of my value back.

Last edited:
Back