skills

Thor CBR 1971

Prowler
Society
Excalibur
i just update my total skills in entropedia & i see something wrong
i'm using skill scanner (ty jdegre) and as my skills are correct the profession aren't :
for exemple i'm lvl 58.9 BLP pistoleer & entropedia is showing ~55
maybe something wrong in prof calculation with skills :scratch2:

i just update my total skills in entropedia & i see something wrong
i'm using skill scanner (ty jdegre) and as my skills are correct the profession aren't :
for exemple i'm lvl 58.9 BLP pistoleer & entropedia is showing ~55
maybe something wrong in prof calculation with skills :scratch2:

I think maybe entropedia doesn't calculate your professional levels from your skills. You have to upload your professional levels.

Last edited:
Exactly... skill scanner now only scans skills. It used to count profesion levels some time ago but then it stoped... no idea why (and now it seems it is paid service...)
If you have some old file - open them with notepad and check the difference. You can add manually your profesion levels in correct format and upload it.

So it is scanners fault not entropedia's.

@edit
Entropedia never counted profesion levels based on skills... they were included in uploaded file.

Falagor
:bandit:

Exactly... skill scanner now only scans skills. It used to count profesion levels some time ago but then it stoped... no idea why (and now it seems it is paid service...)
If you have some old file - open them with notepad and check the difference. You can add manually your profesion levels in correct format and upload it.

@edit
Entropedia never counted profesion levels based on skills... they were included in uploaded file.

Falagor
Actually, it is not the scanners fault.
It is rather the users fault for not giving a small donation to Jdegre :D
Works like a charm if you do and you get also a nice sig :D

Actually, it is not the scanners fault.
It is rather the users fault for not giving a small donation to Jdegre :D
Works like a charm if you do and you get also a nice sig :D

Motion seconded!!!

Meeting adjourned.

There is a child in front of city wall to catch the grasshopper, and in a short while caught the lots of.Suddenly see a scorpion son, he to think is also grasshopper,Then two go to catch him.The scorpion son raises his poison to stab, say:" come, if you really dare to do like this, connect your grasshopper that catch to also would entirely lose." This story warns people, and want to distinguish the pure good man with the bad person, and distinct to treat them.Nike air max2010 air maxAir max air max 2009nike shoes

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

But seriously folks...

@edit

Falagor

as commented in many other threads before, the scanner does what it was supposed to do from the very beginning: scan skills. that's it. and it does it for free, as always.

the rest of the features (honestly, i think there are a _good_ number of extra features) are given in return for a one-time donation.

regarding the "why" that you mention in your post... well, i guess it's quite understandable. i've put literally many _hundreds_ of development hours into this, and also there are costs in hosting fees.

the "donation" model tries to be a model that works for many different types of players. if you're a new player that uses this tool very rarely, and probably only as a curiosity, the free model is a good one.

if you're a vet, and you use the tool heavily, and want some extra features, a one-time donation seems to be a good thing for most people. it motivates me to keep supporting the tool, and the donators seem to be happy with the extra features they get.

as commented in many other threads before, the scanner does what it was supposed to do from the very beginning: scan skills. that's it. and it does it for free, as always.

the rest of the features (honestly, i think there are a _good_ number of extra features) are given in return for a one-time donation.

regarding the "why" that you mention in your post... well, i guess it's quite understandable. i've put literally many _hundreds_ of development hours into this, and also there are costs in hosting fees.

the "donation" model tries to be a model that works for many different types of players. if you're a new player that uses this tool very rarely, and probably only as a curiosity, the free model is a good one.

if you're a vet, and you use the tool heavily, and want some extra features, a one-time donation seems to be a good thing for most people. it motivates me to keep supporting the tool, and the donators seem to be happy with the extra features they get.

Do not get me wrong :). I am not a "everything should be free" person. I apriciate your work and you should get "something" for it :).

I will try to explain how i stumbled acros scanner (and i can bet most ppl find it this way):
I got the idea that it would be good if there was a tool that scans skills so it would be easier. Then i checked EF - and voila - there already is something like that. As newbiee i had no idea how skills influence professions. After reading how scanner works i have understod that people have discovered the patter how to count every profession based on skills. My first thought - "Wow that was lots of work to do, great its here". I download the scanner (when the function to count profesions was icluded) and use it happy ;) ofc uploading ready file onto entropedia.
Suddenly i spot that my profesions are not getting updated... my first thought "Wtf... stupid Entropedia." But then after looking closely on the subject i discover that the scanner changed and not Entropedia :) so my thought is "Wtf... stupid scanner" ;).

If it was introduced like this from the beggining my thoughts would be:
- wow what a nice tool ;), really great job.
- and it also has premium function that alows to count profesion levels... wow! ;)

Just giving something for free and talking it back works against the creator (because people tend to notice if "state" of something went for better or for worse instead of notice what they have ;)).

I hope you understand me now more clearly :).

Falagor

If it was introduced like this from the beggining my thoughts would be:
- wow what a nice tool ;), really great job.
- and it also has premium function that alows to count profesion levels... wow! ;)

Just giving something for free and talking it back works against the creator (because people tend to notice if "state" of something went for better or for worse instead of notice what they have ;)).

yeah, i see your point, and there is absolutely no problem from my side with people using any tool (mine or not) in "free" mode, regardless of how heavily it is used by anyone. if i did not want the tool to be used for free, i'd not offer that possibility.

the idea with introducing some extra features from the start, and removing them later is simply because it is not easy to identify what makes sense to be free and what makes sense to be premium until some time has passed and you get some experience on how people use your tools.

if the consequence is that some people think at some point "stupid scanner", well, that's life. i cannot make everyone happy :p

People like Jdegre who spend time making programs that make our life easier and offer it for free to players to use should be helped out a little and if that means a little donation if you can afford it then i don't think that is asking to much.

To be honest i didn't actually know you got little perks if you donated a few peds they were just a pleasant suprise.

thanks Jdegre.

man i came across as a real brown nose didnt i :) ohwell

Back