A vehicular solution

burnsey

Stalker
Society
The one percent
If you see me around town and have yet to try a vehicle, please don't hesitate to ask to borrow mine.

I will make my keys available to anyone and everyone time permitting to test drive in towns.

I also would encourage anyone who was lucky enough to get a vehicle to do the same.

Vehicles are new and exciting and I'm sure everyone wants at least a taste.
(edit for easier method)
For vehicle owners spawn your vehicle then grab the name bar from the person you want to add, then click on the little person icon and drag and drop him to the vehicle guests UI

Here are the steps to add someone to drive your car:

Step 1: Open your Vehicle Guests UI by right clicking on your vehicle

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Step 2: Open your Friends lists and drag and drop the name of your friend into the Vehicle Guests UI

Step 3: Click the appropriate permissions, white means they are enabled. The first one is for the driver seat permission. Then click submit guests

Step 4: Click the check mark to apply the settings and you are good to go!

Last edited:
Something I haven't tested yet but maybe you have if they are in the drivers seat and I exit the Vehicle can hit 'Recall Vehicle" and get the car back?

If thats possible then I'll gladly do the same.

EDIT: yep just tested it and it works fine,Off to sweat camp with a soc mate to cheer up some newbies :D

Last edited:
Recall puts it back in storage. I want to see what this looks like if the button is pressed while the vehicle is at high speed! :laugh:

sounds like this feature would work also for things such as giving others access to manage shops? Or to loan out other equipment without risk of losing it.

How exactly does the decay work on these cars? Already seen a lot of different speculations.

They have integrity and the TT health bar.

You can fix integrity, but can the car become broke and not repairable? If so, how long.

What decays the car, does getting in it cause decay?

sounds like this feature would work also for things such as giving others access to manage shops? Or to loan out other equipment without risk of losing it.

How exactly does the decay work on these cars? Already seen a lot of different speculations.

They have integrity and the TT health bar.

You can fix integrity, but can the car become broke and not repairable? If so, how long.

What decays the car, does getting in it cause decay?

Decay only happens if a mob hits the car or a player in PVP.

They have integrity and a TT bar.

Integrity is fixed with the vehicle tool, i think there's probably a minimum tt that the car can be at and no long can repair the integrity or use it to drive.

It uses oil when you drive it.

Recall puts it back in storage. I want to see what this looks like if the button is pressed while the vehicle is at high speed! :laugh:

I tried it on myself. One second I am cruising along at top speed and the next I am running. It was an abrupt and shocking transition. LOL

Reactions: Lem
Nice initiative man ! Hope u are still in town l8er, didn't had any chance to play a bit with on of those.

Omg!

OMG!!!! Could this be the "demo" version of a true and real lending system in Entropia Universe?!?! If it really does work, and you get your car back even if you log out when lending it to your friends (with the 10 minute timer thingy), there is NO REASON they should not implement this with other systems in game to allow a safe lending system for any item in game.

Bring on renting of Shadow Armor. Bring on Mod Fap Renting. As long as the item(s) are safely able to come back to the real owner after they log out, bring it on. This making it only work while real owner is online thing is highly similar to the way pet system used to work, and would be a solution to make people really buy the stuff if they really want to own it full time as the real owners are going to not be online 24/7.

Shoot, let's modify it a bit and let the shops and shopkeepers who are online 24/7 be able to "rent out" stuff for a certain quantity of time - maybe half hour increments or something... sort of like a real world jet ski rental place, car rental place, etc.

I tried it on myself. One second I am cruising along at top speed and the next I am running. It was an abrupt and shocking transition. LOL

Crap! They missed a great opportunity for a "Wyle E. Coyote moment" in avatar animation! LOL

thx man !! was mining and now going back

I was able to get a vehicle but honestly felt they should have given everyone a golf cart or something in their inventory instead of fight like evil cunts with each over them.. and yes I admit for the 18 hours I fought to get a car I was one of the worst...

but yeah.. should have something that included everyone.. not this randomly picked crap that just leaves most feeling jaded.

Love it!

I've done this a few times, let people have a drive. The response has always been positive, people love it, and who could blame them?

Its so easy and secure, if only something like this existed for every item :)

Love it!

I've done this a few times, let people have a drive. The response has always been positive, people love it, and who could blame them?

Its so easy and secure, if only something like this existed for every item :)

Remember,

Be Excellent to Everyone

billandted460.jpg

I want to try it burnsey :yay:

Crap! They missed a great opportunity for a "Wyle E. Coyote moment" in avatar animation! LOL

With auto screengrab in bullet time.... WISHLIST!!!! :wtg::yay:

Just finished a 3hr stint in Sweat Camp letting everyone drive it (whilst other were charging for it :rolleyes: ) and as you can guess everyone who tried it loved it.

Thanks for the idea Burnsey it went down very well ;)

They rolled it,They got lost,They put it in the lake but thankfully they all kept it away from the mobs so no harm done.

Last edited:
Step 3: Click the appropriate permissions, white means they are enabled. The first one is for the driver seat permission. Then click submit guests

Heh, this was the step I missed when trying to bring fun to a noob last night. Instead I just brought us both frustration--compounded by language barrier. :ahh:

Great idea to promote, Burnsey. This community is awesome enough to make lemonade out of the somewhat-lemony giveaway experience.

OMG!!!! Could this be the "demo" version of a true and real lending system in Entropia Universe?!?! If it really does work, and you get your car back even if you log out when lending it to your friends (with the 10 minute timer thingy), there is NO REASON they should not implement this with other systems in game to allow a safe lending system for any item in game.

Bring on renting of Shadow Armor. Bring on Mod Fap Renting. As long as the item(s) are safely able to come back to the real owner after they log out, bring it on. This making it only work while real owner is online thing is highly similar to the way pet system used to work, and would be a solution to make people really buy the stuff if they really want to own it full time as the real owners are going to not be online 24/7.

Shoot, let's modify it a bit and let the shops and shopkeepers who are online 24/7 be able to "rent out" stuff for a certain quantity of time - maybe half hour increments or something... sort of like a real world jet ski rental place, car rental place, etc.
what he said. Finally been able to lend thing without fear of losing them is a step in the right direction

If you see me around town and have yet to try a vehicle, please don't hesitate to ask to borrow mine.

I will make my keys available to anyone and everyone time permitting to test drive in towns.

I also would encourage anyone who was lucky enough to get a vehicle to do the same.

Vehicles are new and exciting and I'm sure everyone wants at least a taste. For vehicle owners you have to add someone to your friends list first and spawn your vehicle
that is the spirit of Entropia, +rep man

Great initiative Burnsey and Jod :thumbup: ... this is an exceptional way of getting the community involved and having fun. It's also a way of inspiring interest and perhaps future sales as well ... not to mention the ability to customize them. It doesn't take much brain power to come up with things like this, and like I said in another post ... the community rocks, and there are brilliant lessons to be learned by the developers if they would just embrace it and go with it. :D

Got me a ride, and now I'm even more pissed by the handout of vehicles because now I want one so much more. :eyecrazy:

and there are brilliant lessons to be learned by the developers if they would just embrace it and go with it. :D

Great that MA gave this functionality ;)

And nice one Burnsey and Jod and others doing this :yay:

Thanks for the testdrive!

Same here Thanks for the testdrive!:)

thankyou for the test drive and the lesson in vehicle operation ;)

I dunno if anyones posted this.

But if hangars are going to function on a similar system to vehicles when reimplemented..could we now be looking at the framework of an official pilot system?

But if hangars are going to function on a similar system to vehicles when reimplemented..could we now be looking at the framework of an official pilot system?
Why stop at hangers? Let's let the estates be loaned out too. That way some of the inactive estates might actually become active again without hurting the "real owners" investment! ;) :)

Back