Community statement process

Nirfu

Elite
Society
Rapture of Rebellion
Nirfu Nirfu Merlin
I sugest that MA change there way of work to avoid posts like this.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/191308-ready-steady-go-retrospect.html

Community statement process

• Assign one person who is responsible for the statement (statement owner). Being the statement owner means producing the statement by your self or delegate to other to write it. The statement owners name shall be placed on the statement and is liable for errors in the text and the result it have on the community.
  • Assign a review group. The review group shall read the statement before posting and comment any errors they find. It is important that the approval group members try to place them self in the place of the customer while reading. They have to use their imagination and try to understand the interpretation of message in the statement.
  • Assign a communication officer. The communication officer’s role is to put the official approval on the statement before posting. No statement shall be published without the approval from the communication officer.

Hold statement review meetings. On review meetings the review group and the statement owner meet and go through comments from the review group. Then when the group and the statement owner have agreed on the text in the statement the statement shall be approved by the communications officer.

Process:

1. Write statement.
2. Review statement.
3. Review meeting.
4. Edit statement due to comments from review meeting.

Iterate 2 to 4 if needed until there is no more comments.

5. Hand over of statement to communications officer
6. Official approval.
7. Post to community.

If you plan to releas a new feature in the game there is probably plenty of time to plan for the release statement so a process like this is not very hard for you to implement.

GL in the future.

You don't happen to work for the government do you? Because this sounds like the way they do things. Lets take a 5 minute job... and turn it into a 15 day affair requiring 40 people, a million dollars, 3 review commitees and half a mile of red tape :yay: well done :confused:

/sarcasm :scratch2:

You don't happen to work for the government do you? Because this sounds like the way they do things. Lets take a 5 minute job... and turn it into a 15 day affair requiring 40 people, a million dollars, 3 review commitees and half a mile of red tape :yay: well done :confused:

:D

A process like this only consumes a few hours, especially since statements is a short text. And there isn't that much communication anyway.
I work in military industry right now ;)

But imagine if they think before they write and post, wouldn't that save much more time.

:D

A process like this only consumes a few hours, especially since statements is a short text. And there isn't that much communication anyway.
I work in military industry right now ;)

But imagine if they think before they write and post, wouldn't that save much more time.

This is great in theory.

However brain cells need to make the proper electronic connections before thinking can take place.

Last I checked, that wasnt happening.

This is great in theory.

However brain cells need to make the proper electronic connections before thinking can take place.

Last I checked, that wasnt happening.

You should visit a doctor, I suggest :D

That is how a process like this must be done to be done properly. Even gamedesign works this way but i dont think ma know that either :p

This happens when the community manager is on vacation and someone else takes it over from her (No I am not saying that you are doing a bad job Marco you just don't have the procedures up and running in your brains anymore). So Hannah no more vacations for you ;).

This happens when the community manager is on vacation and someone else takes it over from her (No I am not saying that you are doing a bad job Marco you just don't have the procedures up and running in your brains anymore). So Hannah no more vacations for you ;).

No person should be unreplaceable, that's why you have process descriptions.;)

Back