Mining Event: The Triple Glow Challenge - Up to 2k PEDs to be won!

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Entropian Events and Qetesh present
THE TRIPLE GLOW CHALLENGE

An event for miners on 3 land areas
1 July – 31 August

Take the Triple Glow Challenge and win PEDs for your efforts! You only need to get three globals to win a prize, but for those of you with more endurance there are greater rewards.

The Land Areas

The competition takes place on three land areas, which are all free of mobs and therefore ideal for miners.

OLA-41 East is east of New Switzerland TP. Please note that there are three sections to this land area – only the eastern area is included in the contest.

ola-41_east_map.jpg

Resources to be found here include Caldorite, Niksarium, Adomasite, Zinc, Blausariam, Erdorium, Alicenies, Ares, Garcen, Angelic and Oil.

OLA-57 is one TP jump north from Z’s Little Farm. If you don’t have that teleporter, you can go south from New Switzerland but it’s a much longer trip.

ola-57_map.jpg

Resources to be found here include Redulite, Zanderium, Kanerium, Gazzurdite, Durulium, Belkar, Iron, Garcen, Cave Sap, Typonolic and Magerian.

OLA-61 is a short run southwest of Shinook Jungle.

ola-61_map_124122.jpg

Resources to be found here include Rugaritz, Redulite, Belkar, Gazzurdite, Durulium, Lysterium, Garcen and Cave Sap.

How to Enter

To take part, all you need to do is mine on the three LAs and post screenshots of your globals or HoFs here.

Screenshots must include the global message, your co-ordinates (press P), the in-game time (press U) and a map showing your position within one of the LAs.

Marathon Prizes

The three miners with the most globals over the course of 2 months will win the Marathon Prizes.

• 1st place: 500 PED
  • 2nd place: 300 PED
  • 3rd place: 200 PED

Triple Glow Prizes

Any miner who globals at least once on each of the three LAs will win a Triple Glow Prize of 50 PED.

A maximum of 20 miners can win a Triple Glow Prize, and each player can only win one of them. When 20 people have won 50 PED, there will be no more Triple Glows, so don’t leave it too late!

Your Triple Glow globals will of course count towards your total in the Marathon Prize contest.

Other Rules

1. The contest runs from 0000 UTC (MA time) on Thursday 1 July 2010 until 2359 UTC on Tuesday 31 August 2010.

2. Screenshots must be posted here within 24 hours of the time shown in the chat window.

3. To be valid, all screenshots must clearly show the global message, the location and the time in your chat window, and a map confirming your position inside one of the three land areas.

4. Please do not edit your posts! If you have something to add, make a new post. Edited posts may be disallowed.

5. Globals are only valid if scored within the boundaries of OLA-41 East, OLA-57 or OLA-61.

6. The judge of this competition is Oleg Oleg McMullery. In the event of any dispute, Oleg’s decision is final.

7. We reserve the right to disallow any entries in the case of suspected PhotoShopping or other foul play.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL MINERS!

NOTE: This competition is also open on another forum. Entries from both forums will be combined to make the final scores.

Marathon Scores

1. Mayana maya Riechert: 36
2. Brilliam Mason Seafare: 16
3. John Joene Mckwak: 15
4. Rhagnar Rhag Thormilium: 14
5. Osgrr Osse Aiam: 7
6. Gloria GoNi Nicestyle: 5
7. Petra Julmust Karlsson: 5
8. Jewel Bugg Fleming: 4
9. Noodles NightOwl O'Shea: 3
10. Reyka Reyka Frethander: 3
11. James Sircus Wolf: 3
12. Pan Sorok Bavaria: 3
13. Cormac McCarthy Smith: 3
14. Ivana Gently Kutchukokoff: 3
15. Aleksejus Liosha Beskrovnyj: 3
16. Leland Qweros Gaunt: 2
17. Heero Shunkiro Death: 1
18. Huxi Misjo Staropramen: 1

Triple Glow Winners

1. Jewel Bugg Fleming
2. Noodles NightOwl O'Shea
3. Reyka Reyka Frethander
4. James Sircus Wolf
5. Petra Julmust Karlsson
6. Rhagnar Rhag Thormilium
7. John Joene Mckwak
8. Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
9. Mayana maya Riechert
10. Pan Sorok Bavaria
11. Brilliam Mason Seafare
12. Cormac McCarthy Smith
13. Osgrr Osse Aiam

Last edited:
Only a few days till we begin, I hope you miners are looking forward to this :)

Might be a stupid question, but how can i win 2K peds? Sounds interesting and i might join, but i can only see 550 as max to be won.

I guess its the #1/2/3 + the 20x 50 ped triple glow prize ;)

I'm in btw

"up to been won" not the same as "you can win".
I'm in too!!

Might be a stupid question, but how can i win 2K peds? Sounds interesting and i might join, but i can only see 550 as max to be won.

550 is the maximum a single person can win, yes. 2k is the total prize pool, assuming all of the Triple Glow Prizes are claimed.

This event begins at 0000 MA time tonight!

We've started, get your finders and head on out to the LAs!

Remember that only 20 people can claim a Triple Glow Prize so don't leave it too late :)

OLA-57
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

OLA-57

I guess lyst should be added to the, um, list then. Does this mean there is oil, lyst, sweetstuff and other zero markup materials on the other LAs?

Nice event. Oh and btw magerian and typo is found in those las as well I believe.

I guess lyst should be added to the, um, list then. Does this mean there is oil, lyst, sweetstuff and other zero markup materials on the other LAs?

I didnt got any oil or sweetstuff on 57 or 61.

Step 1 is taken!

Cave sap on 61 but no azur or ares on them.

there is lyst/narc/gold on LA 41(E) too ;)

On 41E I found: binary, oil, cave, mega, lyta, ares, angelic, melchi, garc, acid
with good finder

OLA 61 - 142ped Garcen

screenie

(not sure how to do the thumbnail thing, heh)

And here's nr.2

OLA 41east - 122ped Acid Root

Most of the info on resources in the areas came from a previous event and may be out of date, so thanks for any extra info on that.

I'll catch up with all the screenies tomorrow or Monday after I get back from my weekend away.

41 e

The information is really out of date. Copper, azzurdite and Val is also to be found on 41.

OLA-41 East

OLA 57 - 52ped Durulium:

(which completes my Triple Glow thingamajig. :yay: )

Scores are updated in post 2.

Grats Bugg on winning a Triple Glow Prize :) There are 18 more of them available for anyone who can global on each of the three LAs!

I'm surprised that only two people want an easy 50 PED :)

I don't know if am just unlucky in this event or is it for all the same in these LA but when I tried to mine Ores there, I get like 2/3 of Lysterium from all my resource TT value (used OF-105 finder) :(
If it is the same for everyone then I think it is the main reason why there are only few participants.

Apart from global and hof, lyst is no more then 5/10% of my tt finds.

It's a bit higher than 5-10% for me (though my finder isn't very high level), but certainly nowhere near 2/3rds. I'd say I get about 20-30% Lyst, on average.

Back