no sound while playing entropia

Status

red dragon

Young
Society
Delta force academy
david phoenix wharrier
when i'm playing entropia universe i am getting no sound from entropia universe. no other game/ aplication is affected. i have tried a full re-install of entropia universe and direct x but neither have helped.

any sugestions are greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

david

- Make sure no other applications are making sound at the same time
- Make sure your volumes are up (not too much hehe but both on your speakers, as well as individual applications (right-click volume-icon in the tray and select volume mixer)
- Make sure the volume is up in Entropia (sliders full left = off/down, full right = on/up)
- Make sure your files aren't corrupt (in the clientloader, click tooks, repair tab, start, wait for it to finish, if all is fine you can close it)

Since you mention having sounds in other applications you don't need to check drivers etc most likely. However if all those failed:

- Do run DXDIAG, if possible, sometimes lowering the hardware acceleration for sound may help

And if that doesn't help, make a dxdiag report, make a support-case, explain the situation and attach the report.

I have had the same problems since the vehicle VU and did not change anything in between the 2 logins. I think this is related to the VU. The scan only found 1 item that shouldn't be there, something called "VU....". Don't know if it fixed the problem, cause I didn't logged back in... Had to watch soccer and now it's too hot in my computer room. :D

check entropia loader ( what U start from desktop/start menu) there TOOLS button, & look the sound radiobuttons : disable sounds
maybe checked in & thats why canT hear anything

Bit of a sidenote and most probably not your issue but mind not switching sound export HW (when using multiple soundcards) because EU will always 'stick' with the old HW.

To make this a bit more understandable:
- I have a card for headphones, and one for external speakers. If I switch all sounds will be played by the new device (vlc etc) but EU will remain set on the old device unless you restart EU. Guess it's not so dynamic sometimes :D

ok problem is fixed it turned out that my sound card drivers wasnt being registered by entropia after a update do i re-installed my drivers and i can hear things. thanks for all the ideas.

hope my problem can help players with the same problem in the future

Having a similar problem as well.

I tried updating my drivers for my logitech G35, and the Realtek HD audio (Just in case) but I wish there was a way to force the game to detect my driver? Or is the game just not compatible with the G35?

I tried updating my drivers for my logitech G35, and the Realtek HD audio (Just in case) but I wish there was a way to force the game to detect my driver? Or is the game just not compatible with the G35?

I have the G35 and have no sound for EU on it as well. Currently its the only headset/speakers I have.

another possible reason could be that u have stopped the sound for your volume mixer.
to fix.. right click on your sound icon (bottom right corner on your desktop), Open Volume Mixer. And if stopped activate it. (Entropia shoul be running while u do this)

Status
Back