"failed" -> additional misses ?

Stratos

Dominant
Society
The Forsaken
Roger Stratos Fa
Since some time i get a yellow "failed" message from time to time when shooting.
It seems it is an additional "miss" class.
I could not find any description about this message.
Can someone explain what is going on ?

Would be interesting to see if there is a pattern to this "failed" message.

I noticed big lag on my internet connection when this "failed" message appears. So the internet connection related to packet loss might be the issue. This don't happen often enought to put in the same family as "miss".

Hi,

1. Could you pls explain to me what the diffrence is between a MISS & FAILED during hunting?

2. I can't seem to color the Limited BP Books anymore, is this a bug AGAIN or a new feature? (just so I know if I should sell those skills off or not)

Kind regards,
Das

2010-06-23 13:22 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Thank you for reporting this. In order to assist us in our investigation, please attach screenshots of these issues. We appreciate your patience and participation in Entropia Universe.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

2010-06-23 13:36 You wrote:

I'll try to take a screenshot of the failed shot later today, not in a hunting mood atm.

Kind regards,
Das

2010-06-23 13:54 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Thank you for the update. Of course, take the screenshots at your leisure.
Kind regards,

2010-06-23 16:30 You wrote:

got the 2nd screenshot

Das

2010-06-23 16:31 You wrote:

btw, sending an attachment only didn't change the status of this supportcase (msg needs to be added)

2010-06-24 08:36 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Thank you for the update. We have forwarded the issue to the department responsible for further investigation. Thank you for your patience.
Kind regards,

to me this means, srry we don't know either at support so can't tell you, goodbye..

Here two examples, no special pattern
just another form of a miss.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

there is no pattern. there is no voodoo. When the internet fails to deliver your message to mindark's servers, you get this new yellow text. This has always been happening, but suddenly, now you see you a new yellow text display instead of nothing. Your failure to detect the obvious is disturbing.

Reactions: das
Here two examples, no special pattern
just another form of a miss.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

As someone suggested it may be due to lag. So that seems to be the most likely explanation this different miss may be there to show to us how much we miss due to lag i.e. our internet connection

Your failure to detect the obvious is disturbing.

It's best not to assume anything in this game ;) Remember scopes and lasers --- assume nothing :D

The jury is still out if that's the correct explanation. Until we hear something from MA/FPC we don't know

Since some time i get a yellow "failed" message from time to time when shooting.
It seems it is an additional "miss" class.
I could not find any description about this message.
Can someone explain what is going on ?

I have only had it twice, both times were when I had loot lag on consecutive loot events after which the first window popped up however the second loot didn't, nor was there a "carried no loot" message, instead it said; failed.
Perhaps it was miss lag and simply coincidence that it coincided with a missing loot message/window.
:dunno:

Did your ammo count decrease when you got the "Failed" message?
I'd previously noticed that I appeared to fire (sound and muzzle flash) but no damage done, no "Miss" message and no ammo used. When I was paying enough attention to my 'ammo remaining' count obviously ;)

I'm wondering if this is simply a message to show this as Rei suggests.

no. the jury is back. the trial is over. you failed to deliver an TCP/IP message mindark servers. Go back to running west after a perception gain you idiots.

Doesn't the tcp/ip protocol have guaranteed delivery? ;)

udp datagrams is a different story (udp/ip)

:rolleyes:

This BS started after vu11.2. Before that I could have the lag sometimes and then you would still hit the mob later, but now your gun just goes crazy (bravo has 1sec reload but all shots miss...) and you won't hit the mob.
I don't like it, at all...

there is no pattern. there is no voodoo. When the internet fails to deliver your message to mindark's servers, you get this new yellow text. This has always been happening, but suddenly, now you see you a new yellow text display instead of nothing. Your failure to detect the obvious is disturbing.

I guess that sums it up in a bit harsh tone tho.

Did your ammo count decrease when you got the "Failed" message?
I'd previously noticed that I appeared to fire (sound and muzzle flash) but no damage done, no "Miss" message and no ammo used. When I was paying enough attention to my 'ammo remaining' count obviously ;)

I'm wondering if this is simply a message to show this as Rei suggests.

I was wondering about this - it's quite hard to pay attention while you're hunting and can't anticipate when the fail will occur, and since I've been melee skilling that's made it especially difficult to check :)

My guess is that you don't use ammo/decay on a Failed shot, because like you say it worked like that before, at least some of the time.

I've noticed I get a lot of "Failed" when I have some heavy downloads going at the same time, so it is lag related.

Usually I dont get many.

it's like item busy message it's just lag

I only got one »failed« msg so far.

It happened in 1st person shooting mode when I hit outside the mob box, because the mob was moving too fast sideways.

So it was clearly bad aiming on my side, and the shot went wide. I assumed that was, what the msg was about. :dunno:

Btw, I‘m having rly rly bad lag most of the time. So I would think that I should be showered with »fails,« if that be related to lag.

Hi,

1. Could you pls explain to me what the diffrence is between a MISS & FAILED during hunting?

Quite big actualy.

Miss - explains that u missed and everyone understands that.

Failed - might be anything, meybe something with gun status related, tiering, skills or such a thing so peoples wanna know whats happening.

Its definitely internet connection related.

I didn't have any failed messages the first few days after 11.2

Yesterday when i was hunting i had a few active downloads going and i got failed messages. Especially when i had the download sucking ~14M of my connection, i was getting lots of failed.

Soon as the downloads stopped the failed messages went away.

So, its the client telling you that you failed to send a request to use a tool to the server. In the past the client didn't tell you anything when that happened, now it does.

If you are shooting, a failed sounds different then a normal attack as well. You get another shot after the failed message sooner then it normally would have come. So it sounds like you fire with a rapid pace.

Back