Info: Gateway Missions - How to do them all :)

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
Okay here is my first attempt at writing a small guide since I didnt see any new thread of how to accomplish doing the new mission available at the NAZ the "Gateway" :). Also forgive me as I don't remember the mission names of by heart & will probably edit this once I'm in game but will write in as much detail for now.

1. Go to see Dr.Melinda Clark, location 2nd floor east (69778, 69837, 224). She will ask you to grab some fragments 3 nova and 2 blazar. You'll get them in your first kill if not on the 2nd.

2. Before going off to hunt/ mine or craft you will need authorisation from the Calypso Hunting (69764, 69824, 224)/ Mining (69747, 69827, 224)/ Manufacturing (69747, 69823, 224) Office Officials first, before visiting the hunting rep due to immigration issues & papers need signing :laugh:, now I feel "foreign" they will also teach you the basics & also to save time. They can be found on the same floor, the hunting official is close to Melinda & on the opposite side near the car showroom are the other 2 officials. After speaking with them head to the televator (69755, 69826, 226) to the 1st floor, which is just behind them & in the middle. On the 1st floor now, walk dead ahead & turn around when you see lush green in front, don't go there yet :D. The hunting rep from Omegaton Industries is opposite the entrance behind the desk (69755, 69791, 118).

Alert note: After speaking with any of the NPC's who give you the missions. Make sure to double check that the mission is infact activated. You can right click/ My Avatar/ Quest & Logs to see if its active. Doesn't hurt to be safe ;)

3. The hunting rep, will ask you to go kill 2 berycled puny mobs in a designated area marked on your map. He will give you a gun "Sollomate Eucalypto (L) & 2k Rookie Medium Weapon Cells" to do the mission but of course you have to listen to him ramble on some what :). Very easy to do by the way, to loot your dead mob you can double click it or right click and press the Loot icon. A note here, do not shot more than you need to unnecessarily or the gun will break before you get the 2nd gun. Do not forget that now you have the fragments for the lovely Dr. Melinda Clark (^_^) so go and see her again.

4. After the 1st hunting mission you can do the crafting missions, you will find this mission from the 2nd floor, head north and down either stairwell, you will find another area there, go to the crafting rep from Chikara Industries is on the left side of that room (69752, 69875, 223), listen to what she has to say, then she will give you "Component (Vol. I), Basic Filters Blueprint, 5 x Oil & 5 x Lysterium Ingots". After the dailogue has finished, head over to the manufacturing machine, open the Component (Vol. I) book & select the Blueprint then add the materials needed and leave the adjustable lever on quantity, then begin crafting this should give you a few attempts :). "There is a small text error in the mission saying you need 0 materials but you do." By the way, when they say come see me later on, you can actually just speak to them then & there :silly2:. This is for both the crafting and mining reps. There seems to be no skills reward for doing this mission atm due to a bug, so you can return to this, it is completely upto you.

5. Afterwards head to the otherside of the room on the left to do the Mining mission from the Genesis Star Co-operation (69759, 69875, 223). Listen to the dialogue and he will give you your mining equipment, a "Genesis Rookie OreExtractor (L), Genesis Rookie OreFinder (L) & 5 Genesis Rookie Seismic Bombs". Alert note: Headout past the entrance, the automated turret & the revive terminal into the wilderness. At least 100-150 metres from the entrance! and begin to blast the ground with your cheap-ass bombs :D. If your to close to the building your bombs will not be counted and replacement bombs are not available. Most people will not find anything at all while mining very few will & if you do, your extractor will probably break before you can get your Ore out of the ground :(. In which case after using all the bombs go speak with the mining rep & he will advice you that since you did not find any resources while mining, to go and speak with Dr. Melinda Clark once more and she will be able to provide you the materials needed for the refining mission 3 x lysterium stones.

Special Note: When you have the stones from Melinda and you get the "Genesis Rookie OreRefiner (L)" from the mining rep, please do not refine while you are still in dailogue with him as this is a "bug" and you will not pass this perticular mission. This happened to me I refined as soon as I got the refiner :laugh: ops. If this has happened to you and you did not see me shouting about it in local chat yesterday go and mine/ buy some more stones so you can continue on, I will be at Gateway all week to help people with this and other issues :ahh:. So you've gotten pretty far now, what's next?

6. So far you have only done 1 hunting mission, but there are a 3 more. He has asked you to kill the Bercycled Puny first, 2 kills needed. Then he will ask you to kill the Tripudion Puny, 4 kills needed. After this third mission you get your 2nd gun and more ammo. Then to go and kill him 6 Caudatergus Puny, this is the mission you get your 2nd Gun the "Sollomate Kiwio (L)". All of these hunting missions will have their own location markers to find these mobs. If there is no green flashing marker on your compass/ radar then do not go and shot the mobs as it well may not count & your gun will break or use all the ammo before progressing on. Then lastly he will hand you more 4k ammo & also the "Rookie Laser Amp (L)" at this stage for your "Sollomate Kiwio" to go & kill 10 critter :D, any you can find will do fine :).

Tip: If for any reason you do not have enough ammo there is a guy in the orange/ lounge bar on the 2nd floor, south side (69754, 69787, 224). He is near the bar in what appears to be Shadow Modified Armour :laugh:, the hunting official also has it :eek:. Anyways speak with Carstein Sands, veteran and he will give you an additional 3k ammo to use (once only offer) thou.

Note here; I would not recommend skipping through any text especially with this guy some people have told me they only got 2k ammo, I'm not sure if they spoke with the hunting rep, but I got 3k from the veteran. So it pays to listen :), I was using mostly the top option to answer his questions to prolong the agony of course :rolleyes:. If you pay attention you won't be stuck on his answers like, what planet was the one that the titan ship went to investigate? :D. Also if you find your gun is decaying to fast, then I'd advice you not to use the rookie laser amp as this will increase the decay further.

So far to my knowledge if you have followed this guide through it roughly enough, you would of completed all the missions in the New Arrival Zone. Therefore you can now leave to Planet Calypso by taking the Teleporter 2nd floor north (69755, 69853, 225) & can return anytime you like from now and untill wednesday the 7th. Hope you enjoyed this guide and if I've left anything out that could be added please let me know. Thou we will only be able to visit this place for another 5 more days!! :( Well good luck to you guys & see you there :).

You can also see more detailed info about the missions at this web address. http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Calypso_Gateway

By the way, If anyone has items, materials or ammo that can still be used pls give them to me 2 help others, I'am by TP ty & I'll try to be there all week :).

~Mark~

Last edited:
My suggestion is to wait doing the crafting mission, due to bug preventing the award:

Noticed that on completion of the Crafting Mission you do not receive any skill gains or rewards. Asked Hanne who was conveniently on the 2nd floor and she mentioned that there are supposed to be skills associated with the crafting missions but a bug is preventing them from being awarded. I hope this is still the case for those who have already completed the missions.

My suggestion is to wait doing the crafting mission, due to bug preventing the award:
Oh wow! TBH I didnt even notice if I got skills or not on that missions hehe. You might be right I don't remember seeing any skills yikes. But the thing is when is this going to be fix? If they take to long or will have it fixed when the 1 week period is up, you might as well carry on with it, skills or no skills imo.

Thanks for the guide, Mark. :)

Cheers,

Ron

Seems you can now pull sweat from the mobs :laugh: they must of fixed it.

Good to see someone helping others out, good work!

Thank you very much for a great guide :)

+rep

Yeah, thank you so much guys :). I'll always do my best for the people of calypso, when the universe allows :silly2:. Yeah I'm just surprised I didn't see much of Alice & Faye up there, but I guess they're tremendously busy behind the scences of Planet Calypso. Though they were there before I got there giving people general advice, TY Faye & Alice. *sighs* Well I guess its my turn & people have been responding fantastically to the help. Glad you guys enjoyed the rough guide, didnt want to add more to it as its pretty detailed already, but its readable.

Hello Mr Power ... I have to say that you indeed were quite helpful to everyone at the Calypso Gateway ... frequently putting tips in chat, as well as answering questions, AND ... collecting unused items and stuff in order to help out others who needed it to finish quests. Blaze was another one who was being very helpful too, so thank you to both of you for a job well done. :thumbup:

I give every new arrival you walkthrough to do those crazy missions :)

Mark, nice thread, however, as long as we need a guide, there's something wrong with the CG. I didn't need a guide, but did hear several ppl have missions that didn't work perfectly yet. So there's some tweaking to be done, but we knew that, that's why we were given access to the CG.

Maybe bundle suggestions here too?

-add a hint to go to the bleeping green dot on radar and/or map to know where to find the target for the mission (rep or critter; if the bleeping dot disappears you may be doing something wrong?)

-for the fragments mission: tell them how to loot?

-do 1 mission at the time (helps to do step by step, avoids getting 'stuck' in a mission, once the reps/NPC give the same answer over and over, of talking to the other reps or leaving to PA, you're done)

Bugs/mistakes:

-in the manufacturing mission it showed me: 0 oil needed, 0 lyst needed (it did give me the 5 each to do the mission but in the message there's a mistake)

-Eugene Renault-character doesn't do anything but say: "Aaaaah! The bugs! The bugs!" ... it's confusing, does it refer to the mistakes in EU or to the critters? is it there to make us used to NPC's that don't do anything?

Last edited:
Hello Mr Power ... I have to say that you indeed were quite helpful to everyone at the Calypso Gateway ... frequently putting tips in chat, as well as answering questions, AND ... collecting unused items and stuff in order to help out others who needed it to finish quests. Blaze was another one who was being very helpful too, so thank you to both of you for a job well done. :thumbup:
Thank you MS9, I have now tweaked the guide as best I could. You could say that it is complete now :). Thx so much for your kind words of admiration, yeah me & Blaze were up there. Blaze helped a lot when I couldn't answer or be present or was totally swamped by people and their pm's! :laugh:. So ty Blaze, I owe you a drink in the lounge area ;).

Mark, nice thread, however, as long as we need a guide, there's something wrong with the CG.

Bugs/mistakes:

-in the manufacturing mission it showed me: 0 oil needed, 0 lyst needed (it did give me the 5 each to do the mission but in the message there's a mistake)

-Eugene Renault-character doesn't do anything but say: "Aaaaah! The bugs! The bugs!" ... it's confusing, does it refer to the mistakes in EU or to the critters? is it there to make us used to NPC's that don't do anything?

Thanks Daniel. Yeah your right if we need a guide there is something wrong. But a lot of people were not passing the missions as those bugs were not tweaked out of the system till the real launch date, making people lose out on some good missions and possible skill gains, which is why I'am here.

As not every managed it like you did including myself & other exp'd players found out. As to your suggestions I will add a how to loot ur dead mob section :). As for the manufacturing error, yh I saw it also, was weird.

But ty for reminding me that the crafting rep does infact give u 5 of each cheers :). As for that idiot his totally useless in that area, and not involved in any of the missions which is why I left him out of it.

I doubt I need to question everything in the Gateway Daniel as we won't be there long so those questions to me are irrelevant. Most ppl didnt care what bugs he was refering too anyways & let him be, alone :).

Last edited:
Guide is now complete!

Yep the guide is now fully complete with cords, and other suggestions for like looting. The mistakes were also removed and re-edited, as I had forgotten some of the missions criteria. I hope this guide has helped you, or maybe my avatar has :D. In which case I'm glad I could help out was a priviledge. Thou there are less amounts of people than on the first day I will continue to come up there and continue helping out before it closes. I'm sure this guide has been viewed many times but why so few posts :(? But it's okay thou, a ty or not its been fun :).

I gotta say thank you too :)

I was very confused because the NPC who give you the quests always said, "come back in a few minutes" (or something like that) for the first mission. I talked to the weapons guy, he gave me ammo and a weapon, but i forgot to talk to him again after i got my equippment. So i didn't get the real mission to hunt those mobs... I ran through the environment, killed some mobs and eventually i was out of ammo...

You told me where to get another batch of ammo (the veteran in the bar) and so i were able to solve this mission. Thanks again :)

michael shadowman leroi

No problem at all elcid glad I helped someone and was bothered enough to post to say so, thx. Glad you made it through. If u run out again I could of also given you some ammo, which was donated ofc so a big ty to all who did! :)

Last edited:
Is there an optimal series of answers to select when first talking to Melinda or the Hunting Office Official?

Is there an optimal series of answers to select when first talking to Melinda or the Hunting Office Official?
Ah...gd point there. The answer is yes there is always a series of answers to choose from, from any of the NPC's but I did not include those into the guide just a generalisation of what you can expect them to say, like the tip I guess about the veteran. As I wanted people to be able to answer them on their own, thou this is a Guide it would of defeated the purpose for the Calypso Gateway & the authentic experience. Otherwise mostly they just give you a brief history, a backstory or basic information needed to do the tasks.

Entropedia has now been updated with all Gateway mission, including dialog.
The first missions in each chain are:

Crafting
Mining
Hunting
(see links in the Mission Chain section for remaining missions)

and also The Veteran's Tale.

Highlight the part about being too close to the entrace before dropping a bomb.

I think I dropped one too close because I have no more bombs and the mission shows 4 of 5 bombs dropped.

Which means I am stuck at mining one, cant do anyother fragments missions refining missions ect...

What I was able to do and get...

Initial frag mission for 1 INT
All the crafting for no reward
All the hunting for rifle/aim

OH, well... all I really wanted was the INT point anyway ;)
GL in the Gateway to everyone else...
walk FAR away from the building to drop your bombs... lol

JEHU

I think I dropped one too close because I have no more bombs and the mission shows 4 of 5 bombs dropped.

Which means I am stuck at mining one, cant do anyother fragments missions refining missions ect...

What I was able to do and get...

Initial frag mission for 1 INT
All the crafting for no reward
All the hunting for rifle/aim

OH, well... all I really wanted was the INT point anyway ;)
GL in the Gateway to everyone else...

JEHU

I'm almost sure that there only is one Fragment mission.

JEHU
Yeah thank you Jehu. Sorry to hear this happened to you, I would of been able to help you out had I seen you but atm I don't have anymore bombs spare. So I have highlighted that part as well as another.

Glad you got what you came for ;)

~Mark~

Thanks for the guide! I need to get with the missions...

Hi.

I do not know if someone pass before that, but in second mining mission you not need find nothing, only have in inventory 3 lysterium stones.

In first mining mission i find lysterium II at second bomb, but burn the excavator with 17 stones excavate only, and lost all is in deed for mining (i start Gateway missions with inventory empty as all new players).

For second mission i go out to Calypso and buy a tt excavator, so return to Gateway and start mission, at first bomb i find nothing but as i have 17 stones in inventory, mission say me as success and i not use excavator this time.

Greetings. Milesio.

Hi.

I not check information a new player can find at Gateway. I do not know if they have pannels with info about how move (some of this was yet at Arrival Zone before VU 10).

Message with english voice is not useful for me. I can read and write english more or less but have problems sometimes with voice. Perhaps message can be in same language as choosed in options button in prelogin screen. Mmmm. I think i am playing with english as language. Perhaps that is done yet.

I do not know how is start system in other games, but if very soon Gateway is "new players only zone" sometimes some of then can have problems for find NPC for continue mission.

Perhaps is more easy if players arrive from other game, but cannot know that.

Greetings. Milesio.

Hi.

I do not know if someone pass before that, but in second mining mission you not need find nothing, only have in inventory 3 lysterium stones.

In first mining mission i find lysterium II at second bomb, but burn the excavator with 17 stones excavate only, and lost all is in deed for mining (i start Gateway missions with inventory empty as all new players).

For second mission i go out to Calypso and buy a tt excavator, so return to Gateway and start mission, at first bomb i find nothing but as i have 17 stones in inventory, mission say me as success and i not use excavator this time.

Greetings. Milesio.
I actually tried this after I got the tip from someone else. I got someone else to do the exact same thing, but for some reason it did not work. They had 5 bombs I took the 4 & gave them 3 lyst stones, so when they detonate that one bomb they would pass. This didnt work not sure why maybe the person did it wrong either way, I think you got lucky.

Hi.

I not check information a new player can find at Gateway. I do not know if they have pannels with info about how move (some of this was yet at Arrival Zone before VU 10).

Message with english voice is not useful for me. I can read and write english more or less but have problems sometimes with voice. Perhaps message can be in same language as choosed in options button in prelogin screen. Mmmm. I think i am playing with english as language. Perhaps that is done yet.

I do not know how is start system in other games, but if very soon Gateway is "new players only zone" sometimes some of then can have problems for find NPC for continue mission.

Perhaps is more easy if players arrive from other game, but cannot know that.

Greetings. Milesio.
Isnt EU available in different european languages? So the text shud be fine to read where ever they are from. Not sure about the speech. Could someone answer that one? I have no clue. :D

I actually tried this after I got the tip from someone else. I got someone else to do the exact same thing, but for some reason it did not work. They had 5 bombs I took the 4 & gave them 3 lyst stones, so when they detonate that one bomb they would pass. This didnt work not sure why maybe the person did it wrong either way, I think you got lucky.

Perhaps something check if stones are mined in Gateway by same avatar.

Back