Question: Deposit / Withdrawal question.

EGT

Hatchling
This is question is probably non answerable by normal players, but if you can. Please help!

A friend and I want to start this game together and we want to make a new bank account from Ohio, and use that bank together, my question is: Is it possible for 2 accounts to withdraw and deposit money from Entropia to the same bank account? Thanks ;)

Last edited:
It's possible, but the account can only be registered to one person

Deposit probably.

Withdraw probably not, the bank account holder name and the Entropia Universe account holder name, have to be the same so i don't see, how that will work, unless they don't actually enforce this rule which i don't know, but i am sure they do for various reason.
Or it is clearly visible that you both own the bank account within the withdraw procedure.

Deposit probably.

Withdraw probably not, the bank account holder name and the Entropia Universe account holder name, have to be the same so i don't see, how that will work, unless they don't actually enforce this rule which i don't know, but i am sure they do for various reason.
Or it is clearly visible that you both own the bank account within the withdraw procedure.

Well thank you for giving a reasonable answer :D I talked to him and we decided to create to bank accounts, thanks for the comment :)

Might I suggest using credit cards to deposit? The fees end up being about the same (assuming $1000US deposit), and the lead time is much less.

You can write a support case to Mindark and find out.

Might I suggest using credit cards to deposit? The fees end up being about the same (assuming $1000US deposit), and the lead time is much less.
You must have a very low interst cc? The fees are pretty different... Also, something to consider, banks charge international fees... ccs don't. However, interest rate on ccs is typically higher then the international fees (think international fees are around 3% - 6%?)

I fail to see why you cannot have 2 players withdraw and deposit to the same bank account... ofc if it's a married couple they have a shared account normally right? but as said above.. ask support to know for sure and word it good so they understand exactly what you want.

You must have a very low interst cc? The fees are pretty different... Also, something to consider, banks charge international fees... ccs don't. However, interest rate on ccs is typically higher then the international fees (think international fees are around 3% - 6%?)

I assumed zero interest would accrue. In order to transfer funds via wire transfer/EFT, you need to have the cash in your bank account. I had assumed that after using a credit card to deposit into EU, EGT would then immediately pay the credit card bill (or at least the EU portion) in full. This way, he gets the instant deposit into EU and zero fees from the credit card company/bank - just the standard deposit fee from MA.

Last edited:
if you have enuf trust to share a bank account

then consider this

one player uses the bankaccount

for depo
second player deposits money into the bankaccount then first player buys the peds
then transfers the peds in game to second player

with withdrawals the reverse order

This way, he gets the instant deposit into EU and zero fees from the credit card company/bank - just the standard deposit fee from MA.

just the standard fee from the bank, unless they do international transfers for free. :wise:

its a good suggestion though, for those that pay off the CC straight away, if deposit enough for the 3.5% CC fee to be more than the fixed Bank fee. for those outside US i will reiterate that i found the exchange rate MA offer is far better than CC offers me.

I can imagine many husband/wives are playing and have come up against this, im sure MA have seen it before and support it.

Agreed, I am in the US and I treat my CCs like a bill (balance paid in full every month; thankfully I never charge what I can't afford). I find it to be the best way to deposit.

I just wanted to mention to the OP that they should ensure they're with a bank in Ohio that is set up to receive international transfers -- for ease when it comes time to withdraw. Someone who has actually withdrawn will have to remind me what they are :)D), but there's an international routing/account number or two that you'll need to have handy for MA to make the withdrawal as painless as possible. A small, local bank may not have those kind of connections, from what I've heard.

Someone who has actually withdrawn will have to remind me what they are :)D), but there's an international routing/account number or two that you'll need to have handy for MA to make the withdrawal as painless as possible.

There are two sets of numbers - the bank's routing number and your account number. If it's a checking account, these are the two numbers printed on the bottom of the check in MICR ink. I've never heard of an account requiring a special international setup. As long as you can receive EFT (electronic funds transfer), you should be able to receive it from any bank, not just a US bank.

Back