Oil Rig Field Trip V July 17 2010

Minken

Old Alpha
Minken
I've read that last years Oil Rig Field Trip was really close to a success. Let's do it again - and nail that success title this year! :yay:

Saturday July 17th, 2010
18:00 Calypso Time
Wormholes will be created
at Swamp Camp

This year, we're adding guaranteed free oil drops, vehicles and awards to the trip! Read further for all the details.

• All participating players will be transported to the rig by the power of Mindforce. :tele:
  • Line up behind the avatars that create wormholes. When you see a wormhole, right click on it and choose Operate. Then confirm the warning message and enjoy the cool animation. The wormhole is active for 30 seconds, so you have plenty of time to operate it.
  • Screw "one at a time (participant)" like last year, this year I want everyone to go ALL-IN at once! Perhaps you might be able to pick up free oil :yay: (It may be 1 barrel. It may be 1,000. How lucky do you feel?). Free oil will exist!
  • Everyone will then have the honor of being killed by one of our guest PKers
  • You're free to return to the rig for another "shot(s)", or wait for the next group hike home

Transportation back to civilization will be made available. Both via TP Run, Cars and Wormholes.
:tprun:

Of course, we can't rule out the occasional slaughter brought on by "rogue" PKers, but that's just life at the rig. :vampire:

• Experience the redesigned oil rig!
  • Pick up free oil!
  • Get killed!
  • Travel by car!

Spread the word. :whisper:

Volunteers needed! :deal: Let's put this together and have fun. :wtg:
Here are a few things that we need:

• Participants! Without you, there will not be an event. Bring a friend and your whole society for a lot of fun!
  • Vehicles! Lots of them! From the different outposts back to either oil rig or a TP. Add a bunch of participants to the Guest List and either let him/her drive or be a passenger. My (currently two) pink cars will be in the hands of others, so they can pick you up and drop you of at your desired destination (as in Ashi teleporter or Oil Rig).
  • PK'rs! You know who you are and what you need to do. :sniper:
  • Oil droppers! Place 1 barrel or 1000 barrels and let a participant pick it up! I will buy an amount of oil before the event and make sure that a few trusty people will drop it here and there in the Oil Rig!
  • Travel by car! How much will you laugh when the driver makes the car flip and lie on the roof?
  • Screenshots and videos! Take your best screenshots/videos and publish them in this thread after the event. See below!

AWARDS

• 1st prize, 100 PED, goes to the best screen shot published by a participant. I will be the one and only judge. Post what you got in this thread no later than 72 hours after the event has started. Cropped/edited pictures to remove your PED balance is OK. Crowd with peoples, total chaos, bunch of white dead people, lots of oil barrels close to a dead guy – only your imagination is the limit!

(Winner not announced yet)

• 2nd prize, 50 PED, goes to the one who guesses the correct (or nearest/closest) information about who the Best PKer is (the one who receives the highest killing spree within one (1) hour after the event starts) AND how many kills that person gets in the spree – remember to post your guess in this thread before the event starts! Only ONE guesses per EF member! Remember to post WHO and HOW MANY kills in the spree. Editing posts with guesses will make you disqualified. If there is a tie, the oldest post (as in the first post from now) will be the winner.

WINNER ANNOUNCED HERE

• 3rd prize, 25 PED, goes to the first Guest PKer that kills me (Minken minken Forsberg) at Oil Rigs PVP Zone after the event starts!

WINNER ANNOUNCED HERE

This field trip is dedicated to Mikah, organizer of the original ORFTs, and to JohnCaptital, for the arrangement of last years Oil Rig Field Trip (I admit I stole your post and edited it. Shame on me.)

Last edited:
Cool im in!, this time i would like to be the good guy and help out, might it be to deffend poor nobies from these annoying tax collectors or to take some people by car >D

might it be to deffend poor nobies from these annoying tax collectors or ...

:lolup: Take a second look of what society I am currently in! :laugh: :yay:

Also, don't forget to participate for the 100 PED Award!

Last edited:
:lolup: Take a second look of what society I am currently in! :laugh: :yay:

Also, don't forget to participate for the 100 PED Award!

Even i want to be a good guy my all concentration will goes after that 25 ped prize contest !!! :D

And yes i saw the society you are in :p

:laugh:

Now spread the word so you get a bit of competition!

I hope you're not gonna ask TC's for help to defend the oil rig during the trip because they will probably give up after getting killed 2-3 times in a row and the poor noobs will be slaughtered.

:D

PS: Where did you left last night? We gathered for a nice gang war in pvp4 and you and Tax Colectors(TC) gave up after dying 2 times in a row? :scratch2:

Transportation back to civilization will be made available. Both via TP Run, Cars and Wormholes.

Volunteers needed! :deal: Let's put this together and have fun. :wtg:

You can count on us on that ;)

This sounds like fun I will come along too. Willing to help where I can I will bring my car.

Hawk:wtg:

PS: Where did you left last night? We gathered for a nice gang war in pvp4 and you and Tax Colectors(TC) gave up after dying 2 times in a row? :scratch2:

lol yarr right :laugh:

I hope you're not gonna ask TC's for help to defend the oil rig during the trip because they will probably give up after getting killed 2-3 times in a row and the poor noobs will be slaughtered.

:D

Everyone will either help defend the oil rig or create a chaos for the PK'ers. Of course I will spam in soc chat before the event. Everyone is invited to this event, both friends and enemies!

OT: You mean at 21.30 MA Time? Yeah, I had to go to bed since about one our. So I should have went to bed even earlier, but there was so much fun. Even a Tax Collector have to sleep sometime ;) Gave up? Don't worry. We come back another day.

You can count on us on that ;)

Excellent CRT! You will be needed! :wtg: I don't want anyone to get stuck at rig or one of its outposts after the event, so it would be very helpful if you can assist in make sure everyone is rescued after the event :)

This sounds like fun I will come along too. Willing to help where I can I will bring my car.

Awesome! Thanks. Is it two or three outposts at the current oil rig? I guess there will be needed cars at both of them.

I will try to attend here, sounds amazing!
:thumbup:

I'll try and be there Mink :)

Thx! Bring your soc friends too.

minken you made some typos in your first post you said price when i think you really ment prize

You better look out Adi cause I will be there also! :D

Protecting "newbies" and some cars around to drive people!

Its time to dust of the good old wormhole chip :yay:

wohoo finally some ppl i can kill at rig!
time for pew pew pew
:handgun::sniper:

I will be there to. I am lower lvl but would love get the last shot on ya. lol
seriously I will be hiding in the area trying to protect all noobs (and of course kill a few ubbers :) ).. sounds fun

what about the dmg to your autos? that seems to be a big target there. I will walk in I guess;)

a chance to see the rig, and a wormhole up close...sounds like a lot of fun.

so...a necro post actually did some good?

Saturday July 17th, 2010
18:00 Calypso Time

[*]2nd price, 50 PED, goes to the one who guesses the correct (or nearest/closest) information about who the Best PKer is (the one who receives the highest killing spree within one (1) hour after the event starts) AND how many kills that person gets in the spree – remember to post your guess in this thread before the event starts! Only ONE guesses per EF member! Remember to post WHO and HOW MANY kills in the spree. Editing posts with guesses will make you disqualified. If there is a tie, the oldest post (as in the first post from now) will be the winner.

I;ll say Star with 50pk's

All I need now is star to show up ;)

Good luck with this event It will be a blast :handgun:

minken you made some typos in your first post you said price when i think you really ment prize

Oh :censored:. Embarrassing :banghead:. Thanks, I've corrected them!

(btw, ment is spelled meant ;))

Looking forward to more participants for the Award Prizes! Now spelled with a z instead of a c!

will try to attend , sounds like fun, and if i make it ill be at ashi 17:50 MA time with 3 seats available in car.

cheers

ermik

top pk´r will be

Hulk Cerberis , 41 kills.

cheers

ermik

will try to attend , sounds like fun, and if i make it ill be at ashi 17:50 MA time with 3 seats available in car.

cheers

ermik

Ahh mr.bourgeois got humvee :D

Cya there :)

Cool event, Minken! :)

I will try be there !
I can drop some oils if you need.

I'm in!

What a great event, perfect timing! (It's my 19th birthday on the 17th!)

Can't wait to be blasted away with everyone at the new rig! :laugh::laugh:

Will edit in my guesses later :)

bring your res. chip there will be a slaughter :yay:

Back