Oil Rig Field Trip V July 17 2010

Thanks all! :D

The correct answer on Award #2 is PostHistory with 24 kills!

PostHistory was the first one to kill me, so I gave him 25 PED according to Award #3.

Best award still left - now give me the screen shots! 100 PED awaits for someone! Is it you?

Some details for you who are interested: over 450 PED Crude Oil was dropped at the rig. I paid for everything and wants to thanks Ermik for a nice price deal of some oil.

Last edited:
What a Hit...!!

»foudil ElSalsero killed Graden Foss using a Skildek Cobra (L).
Critical hit - additional damage! You take 563.0 points of damage.«

:jawdrop:

Never got blasted before over 320... (And that was a mob.) :eek: :eek: :eek:

EDIT: Got 12 Oil... :yay: :yay: :yay:

Last edited:
There's still LOTS of oil left to be picked up folks. All over the place.

Though I admit I keep picking them up and dropping them in different locations, moving them around. :evilking:

It sure was fun, managed to nick a genuine 8,64 ped oil drop and 1,4 ped of oil dropped by other people :D

• 1st prize, 100 PED, goes to the best screen shot published by a participant. I will be the one and only judge. Post what you got in this thread no later than 72 hours after the event has started. Cropped/edited pictures to remove your PED balance is OK. Crowd with peoples, total chaos, bunch of white dead people, lots of oil barrels close to a dead guy – only your imagination is the limit!

3 words:

Location, Location, Location

Had some issues with a good screenshot as I got way too nervous when running zig zack betweek the PK:ers ;)

But here is mine:

OJ NINJA in the bushes!!
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Orange Ninja hiding and waiting to dash to the rig for a chance of that sweet sweet oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super thanks for a great event tho!

Had a blast! And even walked home with some oils in my bags. Not a shabby night at all.

Want to thank all you guys helping us nubs out with car rides, wormholes and healing. And of course, the oil!

And biggest part of all, I got to see this mythical "The Rig" that everyone talks about.

Thanks

Derid

That was a lot of fun and from a slightly different perspective this time as I mainly gave people a ride from revival back to Ashi or the rig. Fantastic screeny BB of us pulling off a barrel roll on the way back to the rig.

How do I keep getting myself into these situations?

Was fun, I was there to "protect" the"newbies".

Overall it went very well, even got a little PK hof on PK'ers that shot the newbies! :D

I also accidentaly shot one player that was innocent! Sorry again Graden! As soon as I pressed fire on bart simson from cK he moved forward and you were exactly behind him taking the hit instead of thin air. :scratch2:

I also accidentaly shot one player that was innocent! Sorry again Graden! As soon as I pressed fire on bart simson from cK he moved forward and you were exactly behind him taking the hit instead of thin air. :scratch2:

Apologies accepted...

Hollered back at you afterwards, anyway... :cool:

That was a lot of fun and from a slightly different perspective this time as I mainly gave people a ride from revival back to Ashi or the rig. Fantastic screeny BB of us pulling off a barrel roll on the way back to the rig.

Yes thanks soundboy....that is the two of us in my 3rd screenshot doing a barrel roll between pker madness.

It sure was fun!
different from everyday sweating at swamp camp huh? :)
ty Minken!!

thanks

Yea, funny event!
Tyvm Minken ;)

Here's how I was welcomed to the oil rig:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

haha that was me being Anihilated! :yay:

Only got one pic. Will post in a bit. Great fun event!!! Really enjoyed myself

Wistrel

Marks... Set... GO!!!!

Well I really really had a great time on this. Afraid this is the only screen shot I was too busy being stunned by the wormhole and had to shake myself out of my "ooooh coooooooooool" revelry in order to remember to take it! Thats me in Vigi doing my superman thing :D

Anyhow it was great fun. As I said before I was killed instantly of course but then had great fun teleporting/running back to have another go. I never got any real oil of course but DID get onto the central platform for a while!

haha I don't know if either I wasn't spotted (the PK'ers too busy with oil runners) or they just let me be. Was great running up all those platforms and walk ways to the top. I hadn't actually worked out where the oil rig itself was and was trying to get up high to have a proper look. I was just approaching the edge of the highest platform when ARRRGGH I fell through the floor" so I'm... falling... and I can see... wait... its the Oil rig! I've got there but... can't stop... and... theres... a spider! and... another spider... and... an altrox old alpha ARRRH reverse reverse reverse" DEATH!!!! I expect the PK guys were probably WTF? then LTAO as I hurtled past them on my way to a big splatty death :D

That was the closest I got I think to be honest but I did manage to hide quietly in the shadows within spitting distance of it for about half an hour once it got dark. Now we don't have the radar, picking the right clothing/armour really makes a difference. For Twilight, anything brown and earthy is good plus a face mask and gloves to cover white skin. At night I found predator was my best bet.

I think that History guy got me in the end. I'd be really interested to know how he spotted me. At times I had Atrox running towards me and was there thinking "nooo you'll give away my position!". Really, so much fun!

I eventually gave up later when a series of successive teleporter jumps had the following results:

TELEPORT Arrrgh Atrox Old Alpha DEAD
TELEPORT "I know I'll try west of the fort" Arrrgh Armax Bull Guardian DEAD
TELEPORT "how about west Arrrgh Armax Bull Old Alpha "Jesus hes HUGE" DEAD
TELEPORT "I know I'll try inside the fort... What the? Who put this Araneatrox in here! Arrrgh" DEAD

I then discovered an "Iron Challenge" oh boy... was I suckered in to that one. "Colonist Chianti! You wouldn't mind doing a quick tour of the desert for me would you? - I'll tell you the checkpoints when you get there. Safe? Yes OF COURRRSSSE its Safe - would I send you on a dangerous mission? Of course not!"

(sigh) Anyone want to help me out with Checkpoint 3? I seem to have made "friends" with the local Araneatrox there who just can't help coming over to give me a big friendly hug every time I arrive :rolleyes:

Wistrel

So it was my first time at the rig in ce2 and have to say it really was cool. All the buildings and debris to play with, combined with the lack of radar, was a lot of fun.

As always though I can't help but think how things could be improved:

- Clouds! Its not dark enough dammit! All that moonlight is insane. We need more clouds to drop the level of ambient light. I'm not saying this should be all the time in fact changeable would be better. Imagine, you are running for the rig under cloud cover, its really dark and the PK'ers won't spot you when suddenly, the clouds clear and you are bathed in moonlight. You are wearing shiney reflective armour and suddenly stand out like a sore thumb. BAMM! You're dead!

- Non Shiney/illuminated Armour (or an armour mod for this). When you are trying to hide, you really notice how shiney your armour is or that it has light(s) on the back/side. The predator and similar type armours are good since they don't reflect light in most places. Some sort of stealth armour or even a mindforce power that makes you less visible would be great.

- Flares and Smoke grenades would be fun too. To combat those dark nights or times when its just too light ;)

- The Ravenous Bug Blatter Beast of Traal! WTF? OK this is a hitch hikers guide reference but to explain, the RBBB is incredibly stupid in that it assumes that, if you can't see it, it can't see you! Why mention this? Well it just seems daft to me that a mob can see you when you are completely hidden! What is this? Smell, extra sensory perception? What??? :rolleyes:

- Torches! Give the PK'ers/runners some adjustable mag lites to stick on their guns. Of course this gives away your position but it would look cool against a bit of fog in the night and might help you spot things that might be dangerous.

- Tunnels. Tunnels/caves would be cool! If we had a cave, we could really BE in that cave! ;)

OK as a final point, why implement all this stuff just for the elite few that at PK'ers? Well the point is, do this and it ISN'T just for PK'ers. It all about levelling the playing field and giving everyone the chance to come and enjoy this bit of the game. Anyone who isn't uber knows damn well they're gonna be shot in a second if they are seen. No armour or skills will help in the slightest. Ideally, a new player with a little bit of sense time and a good ounce of sneekiness should be able to have a bit of fun trying to get some oil. This makes things more fun for everyone.

Its a game, its all about the challenges

Wistrel

Had a great time.

I few pics to show my time at the rig.

Run to the rig:

Look I found some oil

I hope that spider don't come my way

LOL

Nice screen shot Wistrel.

Oh no, I missed the fun! :) Hope you guys had a good time.

Was a winner announced for the screenshot?

Oops. I made a boo-boo. No winner has been anounced yet, no. Neither a winner for the Award #2 competition (guess best PK'er). I was sure I had it for one week time, but appearantly it was 72 hours :ahh:

Thanks for the reminder. I'll sort this out later.

Last edited:
The correct answer on Award #2 is PostHistory with 24 kills!

I;ll say Star with 50pk's
Nope. He didn't even participate.

Hulk Cerberis , 41 kills.
Wrong.

showtek aka showtek with 45
Not him either.

me with 69 kills
:lolup: +rep

showtek with 48
Nope.

SODERD with 44
Nope.

PostHistory with 52
:woot:
We have a whiner! Oh wait; not a whiner - but well a
WINNER!

Congratulations GradenFoss! :cheer:
You won the 2nd Award and will receive 50 PED from me in game. I'll send you a PM.

Well done - he got me fair bit out of those ;)

Wisty

Winner of Award #1 will be announced during this weekend - sorry for the delay.

Thanks for all the screen shots :laugh:. Let me announce the winner of 100 PED!

This image really proves that the expression ”less is more” really is true. In this picture the avatar was in the middle of the war. O2 visibly picks some of the oil, and although the total chaos around is removed, it just makes you to imagine how it really looked like. I like that!
Congratulations Angel O2 Mercer! :yay:

I must say that I also especially enjoyed the Nice Death & Skull:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-oil-rig-event-07-17-2010-trapped-mobs-4.jpg

.. the Quote Of Acmed The Dead Terrorist:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/2501976-post65.html

... and last but not least the Very Nice Art:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/6/3/0/8/backtoswamp.jpg

haha me either - glad that worm hole was mentioned though - was an ice edit

Wistrel

Back