Will this game be here 1 year from today?

What is the Future?

• MA sells all and just programs..end game, we win...

Votes: 36 11.5%
  • MA sells all and just programs..end game, we lose...

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • MA sells out of all the planets and end game, we win?

Votes: 25 8.0%
  • MA sells out of all the planets and end game, we lose?

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • MA is Belly Up and does not matter, GAME OVER!! (kiss your peds, bye bye)

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • A new Golden Age where all will make peds?//

Votes: 151 48.2%

• Total voters
Too one-sided poll imo. No need for a -rep thou' due to that.

MA lost some million (18 I think it was) but that were the cost for the
their bank, which is cancelled until they have the funds.

It's quite obvious that the daily use of game doesn't make enough of
income, but reasons for this can be many.

If the deal with calypso is done, and everything goes well there, I guess
MA will still be around for some years... :)

Yes...The game will be here so long it gives money but we will see lot of new nerf.:)

If you are scared about what or where will be MA next year, maybe it's time for you to chip out everything and try another game like Entropia (oups, there is no another like this one :D)
I am really sure MA and FPC and some others Planet Partners will be always alive next year and so many years after.
We are all living so many important new changes in Entropia, some are scared and I think it's only an human feeling.
Changing things could afraid some people.
For the castle in Germany, maybe MA bought it for the compagny they own in this country. And maybe they found a place less expensive so they ressel the castle. Or maybe they just bought the castle to make a plu value 1 year after.

Cry engine, RockTropia, Crystal Palace, The Rock (RIP CND :)) all these things are only the turn just before the highway.
So I am sure of one thing, MA/ FPC is not dying but rather, it's a new rebirth.
This is my opinion.

Torlin ECMI

My dear LangeTobias

I'm can not say how much I loved your neg rep....{removed}

MA is selling off all, and that is nothing?

I'll not post any more 'proof', its in their statement...

But, you see this as fine...cool.....a true child of MA

Seoul....I paid the bucks, and have the right to talk....

Last edited by a moderator:
two sided? how? you win, you lose, or nothing is different?

Too one-sided poll imo. No need for a -rep thou' due to that.

MA lost some million (18 I think it was) but that were the cost for the
their bank, which is cancelled until they have the funds.

It's quite obvious that the daily use of game doesn't make enough of
income, but reasons for this can be many.

If the deal with calypso is done, and everything goes well there, I guess
MA will still be around for some years... :)

the title says i all....win, lose, or nothing different.....thaniks for the neg rep...LOL

Seoul

Well i should be here next year :), i get less free time it seems these days but i still feel hopeful about EU. In fact i feel more hope now than maybe 4 years ago, back then i was tired of false promises etc. Now things are being developed at a fair old pace and they are about where they projected to be on the road map.
I have pet peeves but overall i think EU now is so much more than years ago, and i used to be very pessemistic about the game. It's so nice to see things moving as they are, people who remember the past will know what i mean. Also the player-developer relations and communication are in a different league now from back then.

Also events, missions, vehicles, the new gateway area...., all these things make EU so much better imo. Give it more time, the new players will come i'm sure. ;)

Overall i would say a heartfelt well done to FPC/MA, and coming from where i was that says a lot i think ;).

Last edited:

as the economy IRL becomes more stable, EU will survive and thrive! People don't trust banks anymore after the crash, so they will be looking for other places to put their money in hopes of growing it... why not make it be inside of a virtual world where the dollar has a real value.

My take is that you did not want a poll like this at all. Does not matter what options I could put, you just did not want a poll...

Tought Shit..you got it...

Neg away

Seoul.....I play here also, and have the right to say what I think..even if you don't think I do...can we say TOOL:lolup::lolup:

Can you see a neg rep from me? Nope

Who's the TOOL here?

I also play here, and i also have the right to say what I think...

Geez :scratch2:

In a nutshell, bad one sided poll, stupid thread, you forget to reaserch all the facts of what ma are trying to do here.

Reactions: mit
It's a fair question. Better still would be to wonder if ma will be able to satisfy their financial commitments in the short term, I.e. How much cash do they have liquid and/or is cash flow adequate? Same for nd really. We know he is/was selling cnd due to need for cash... Does he have enough cash on hand or cash flow to pay the bills?

If players want the game and platform to stay for a long time, the best thing we can do to help is to depo big and often

To Seoul it's like this:

If I ask you is the glass half empty or half full?

What would you say? Well from your thread it's clear that you view it as half empty which is regarded as a pessimistic view.

Another person may view the same glass as half-full, which is regarded as an optimistic view.

Given the same facts some see the negative others the positive. It all really depends on a persons perspective which is influenced by their past experiences and generally their personality.

Now in this particular case given the facts it looks quite positive. I guess you need to understand a little about how businesses work to understand that. It's positive because FPC will have an injection of funds into it and a company who has the funds to do the marketing for FPC. This is really good news for us. However, nothing in life comes for free. The price FPC are paying for this is future profits as some of those profits will go towards this company that buy FPC. So in simple terms it's good news for FPC as they get financial help in the short term and good news for this company that's buying because they are set to make quite a profit in the future.

So for this company that's buying it's an investment. No company of that calibre is going to invest in something if they didn't believe they were getting something out of it. So to us it shows someone is willing to spend millions on Calypso and this company see FPC and MA being around for years otherwise they would not be investing millions.

I better not get junk bonds as my in game Xmass gift this year! :silly2:

Honestly...I'm surprised that it's still around! :laugh:

Think it's great that it is though...and that there's development aswell...

...part from that, no need to neg rep the OP?? c'mon guys & gals...wth...

well this is my view

Those dam eamons and longtooths are dropping massive loots like crazy loots higher than 60 peds all the way to 50k or more

thats going to destroy the game if thay are running low on money due to real life economy too

Now

thay could space the loots out so every one gets better loot its not like thay can run with 40 peds loot with 60 peds players will save and run and withdraw with money players will stay more if its more dynamic all that loot to one person is just wrong thay should split it down to low loots like 20 peds but fair game play so every one has a chance what would thay do with the peds looted i would not withdraw i would keep it in game to use to keep MA system running

+rep for the op

Those dam eamons and longtooths are dropping massive loots like crazy loots higher than 60 peds all the way to 50k or more

thats going to destroy the game if thay are running low on money due to real life economy too
too darn negative... Rest assured, for every 50k that someone wins, there's probably about 60k in ammo going in to the system overall... Participants pay one another through the loot systems via losses and gains.

MA's bottom line, if I remember correctly, comes from decay... I.E. the repair terminal. The ammo goes back to the players since it enters the loot pool... that's why the event system can be rigged to pay the event winner the loot collected in an event. MA would not let that happen if their profits came directly from ammo.

shooting something and getting a no loot is like pulling a quarter out of your pocket and handing it to someone else. Repairing your gun is like you paying a paycheck directly to MA|FPC.

I bet the tt value that FPC does give us back, in the form of the free cars, free holiday items, etc. comes from taxes they collected at places like Genesis and Omegaton that have no participant that owns the place to collect the taxes.

I asked this same question back in 2007 when the in-game prices went through the roof... I figured the market would come crashing down and this game would die. I did freak out and sell all my high end gear... well I regret that now but you live and learn. I personally don't see this game dying anyt time soon. To many people are invested to let that happen.

Horrible poll, was one hair from negrepping for this idiocy.

The sky is not falling, the game is not ending, end of story.

Reactions: mit
As long as the depositors are here one year from now there will be no problem...

Yes MA will still be here in a year.

Did not vote in the poll because its loaded. The first 5 poll options are all the same, 'the sky is falling, run for the hills', the final poll option is a sarcastic postive answer which will never happen, the game will never rain peds for everyone.

Where is the poll option for "yes, ma will still be here in a year"?

A good poll would have been "no, its over", "yes, they will still be here in a year"
Possibly add to that "yes, they will be here for much longer then 1 year", or "yes, but not much longer then that"(as another negative answer)

Its not that people don't like the poll, its that its loaded to the negative with no reasonable positive answer to pick.

-----------

The primary loss in the 2009 balance sheet was new equipment related(from what i remember). That's not something that needs to be a reoccurring purchase. They ate through cash on hand for sure; and if they would continue to eat through cash this fast there would be serious problems. But, the expenses that ate the cash shouldn't be there in 2010, and thus im not really worried.

Considering the state of the world economy, i think their balance sheet looks pretty good, all things considered. Its not great, but im not really worried by what i saw.

If the 2010 balance sheet comes out and they are still bleeding cash on hand, then ill be concerned. But i don't expect to see that. Well see....

the title says i all....win, lose, or nothing different.....thaniks for the neg rep...LOL

Seoul
I don't know if you ment something else, but to me it looks as if your
poll has 5 option with the game ending and one impossible but positive option. ;)

You should have done a poll with equal amount of negative and positive
option, and maybe also a neutral option.

And you did obviously not understand this part either:
No need for a -rep thou' due to that.
I didn't -rep you for the poll, since I think a negative rep should be used
for worse things than that. ;) I didn't +rep you either thou'.

Now back to topic, will EU be around in a year? Yes, if they manage to
keep and increase the amount of users.
They must increase their income from the users, but that can only be
done if enough of the users are satisfied with the experience they get
from EU.

There is obviously something wrong when they are forced to do deals
outside of EU, which must to be completed, otherwise there might be
problems to even have the "MA-group" running.
They (MA) have atm three projects/deals, that are importent for them.
One of these three projects seem to be more or less completed, so no need to panic.
Imo, a healthy company must be able to run with income from the daily
use of the service they provide. They might not be able to progress
as a company thou'.
The annual report might be interpreted in serveral ways, I saw both
good and bad parts in it. Odd that not more people reacted on some
parts in it thou'... ;)

Imo, EU has a way too high percentage of "investors", and a too low percentage
of users that see EU as entertainment (not the part who mostly look
at the fun to play for eco, but the part who only use the service as
as a game) .

I think if they didnt have plans to be here a year from now, they wouldnt have spent so much time and effort with missions, vehicles, new starter island etc. :)

Will this game be here 1 year from today? Yes

What is the Future? Flying cars and hoverboards like in Back to the Future and time travelling between planets :lolup:

ofc MA is still around!
If my math is accurate I will get my next HOF/ATH within 2 years. :deal:

So you see.. nothing can go wrong before that!

Not depending on what happens to the FPC ale, any sold castle or something like that - future, we players overall economy will decide what happen to MA and to this game. So basically we have the same situation as we had since the moment PE was released.

No reason to spread panic, it is as it allways was, just our plattform became more mature as it was in the beginning.

BTW: Pointless poll imho, didn'T vote since the choses are pretty much biased

on the one hand: MA is having cash flow difficulty in the midst of a recession, having spent lots of infrastructure.
on the other hand: some investor is looking at dropping $6m in to get a slice of the action.

work it out.

multi-million $ companies dont just cut and run, the game and business is worth more active, or sold on than dead. the current investors and any future investors want to see a return and its in therefore in their interests to keep the game going. so it should be around for many years to come.

Did not vote….

But I do believe FPC and Mindark will be around next year.
It’s their jobs on the line, their income, their future, they have too much to lose.

However if they would go broke, you won’t hear it coming, you won’t notice it, until it’s too late.

Then you can kiss your peds good bye.

Ok, I wonder now if I didnt miss read this poll - People say there are 5 negative options but I see option 1 as a positive...

Option 1 : MA sells all and just programs..end game, we win

I interpret this as MA sells all the planets and the platform, but continues to act as operator and does well - hence we all win.

Option 2 : MA sells all and just programs..end game, we lose

I interpret this as MA sells all the planets and the platform but continues to act as operator and does badly - hence we all lose.

Option 3 : MA sells out of all the planets and end game, we lose?

I interpret this as MA sells all the planets, but continues to act as platform developer and does badly - hence we all lose.

Option 4 : MA is Belly Up and does not matter, GAME OVER!! (kiss your peds, bye bye)

MA Fails.

I am pretty confident by using the term "End Game" in each option of the poll, he means "at the end of the day" not the end of the game itself. This is also confirmed by the fact he puts the "We Win" option which would be impossible if the game ended in every single option.

IMO people are far to quick to jump down peoples throats on this forum, when a little time spent trying to understand what the poster is trying to convey would result in a much more pleasing enviorment. It also worth noting that not everyones first language is English.

Also, to those who think MA will be here another 5 years just because everyone has said they are going broke for years but never did are incredibly naive. Looks how many major companies that have been around for decades have died in this worldwide recession... Woolworths, Northern Rock, Wedgewood, Adams, Royal Doulton, Borders Bookshops and many many more... why do people think that a little company like MA are safe?

Dont mis-understand me, I hope they are safe, i really do, but unless you have been reading the tea leaves, or have a better business brain than the people running all the above mentioned companies, do blindly state they are safe is fool hardy indeed. IMHO of cousre ;)

Back