Mining Classes

Thanks for the lesson Winds!!

Must confess I was more curious thant anything else but learned a lot more today than in several years playing.

You are a great teacher :wise: explained everything in a clear and illustrative way.

plus starting the demostration with a global was really cool!

Now it's time to practice, but the time and patience you put today deserve rep, respect and thanks

Thanks for the lesson Winds!!

plus starting the demostration with a global was really cool!

yeah. like Cee i have to thank u for your great lesson. i learned alot bout the system and think i can advance my mining with these technics. :eyecrazy: :wtg:
it was a pleasure and i will always come back for more info
thanks!!

Might be interested in this, as my drunken turkey method is propably not the best one :silly2:

Always wanted to attend but you were busy...JUST happened to come into the class today when I wanted to hunt some caudas...

Will keep eye out for next one as well as I would like to get a better grasp on the methods applied.

By the way, later on following a "vein" described earlier, I just happened on my 1st global w/ TT finder.

Coincidence? Prolly....Run was already over 100% TT returned anyway.

Tippin'

Reactions: Cee
Great Class

It was saturday night i.e. 12:30 AM at my end & I waited five hours already to attend the class. At last windswept came there and he started teaching with a bang...A global . Good impressive start for the class and the method and information were very detail and helpfull to everyone. Luckily I INSTALLED JASPT on my computer. So I got all the instruction and now I am able to understand the system a little. Hope other will also benefit by his noble teaching and enjoy the online world more. Thank you windswept for your nice act.;)
:yay:

Hi

Hi I know I have lots to learn so whenever the next class is I'll b there. I have done some mining and what I find pays for the cost of the probes but I want to learn how to get a global. :)
Thanks

I'd be interesting in coming to a lesson if they're still being offered.

I appreciate all the feed back and i truly appreciate the attendance. I hope that everyone understood what i was trying to teach.. There are a lot of folks that think there is some sort of advanced lesson to mining. There really isnt. Honestly if you dont understand the basics and i dont mean how to drop a bomb there is little chance you are going to profit in the long run unless you step on something uber.

I think the important thing is that people saw how to start a run, how to run lines, how to understand when to switch lines ... and most importantly when to STOP mining. The method i teach can be applied anywhere in the game except CND and it will hold true. You can learn how to xploit an area, how long to stay there and what results are average.

Again, Thanks everyone for your interest in my class and your feedback. i would love to hear from each of you that attended. And also remember i had all of you add me as a friend. Please dont be shy if you have a question feel free to ping me.

Just an idea... you should make a youtube instructional video :D

You know, for those of us who can't make the classes lol

Got better result

I seriously use windswept method after horrible losses and use of OA- 105 (4in qty.) and lots of crafting. I took 22 bomb and started to apply the theory myself and bang after 4 bomb I got a global i.e. 56 PED Gazz. I got total of 13 claim out of 22 and global was double bombing. If u analyze the screen two claim can be seen in global and third was global which is behind me. So hit rate was good. I got total of 110 PED return and it was all unamped. I have rather 1 question if I have put the amp. was hit chance decrease? Secondly if I get a claim in middle of two claim with higher depth finder what should i do ...
1) Move south and bomb with high depth finder or OF - 105?

Below is image as proof and mind it it was a good class which was worth to attend by all miner as I was putting more bomb in short distance.

Global
Direct Link Code:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/6/0/9/6/img_20101209_19_50_20_390.jpg

BB Image Code:

Detail of claim
Direct Link Code:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/6/0/9/6/img_20101209_20_02_52_781.jpg

BB Image Code:

Hope MA will keep mercy on me :) and grant me a Tower atleast:lolup::silly2::ahh:

I have rather 1 question if I have put the amp. was hit chance decrease?

Amps will not affect hitrate. They only affect your hit size.

Now they key is, putting them on when you KNOW something will hit. ;)

Tippin'

I would like to take your class

....but I want to learn how to get a global. :)
Thanks

You're not going to learn that. It'll happen or it won't...Although as I (double post... :/ )said above, IF you KNOW you are going to hit you can put on an amp and therefore increase claim size thus increasing the chance it'll be above a 50 ped claim (global).

So maybe in a way you can learn that....But that's really a "side" lesson.

Tippin'

Hello :)
I'm a totally new miner (OA-103) and would like to hear from someone some hints

So if it's possible, would like to join your classes :)
Peace.

I'd like to learn some new mining tips too. Let me know by PM how I can join or sign up. Thanks for the classes and knowledge :)

Hi Windswept, if you decide to hold anymore lessons please let me know. Being a new miner is tough sometimes. I was doing fine with the rookie gear, making a profit on nearly every run. I have recently switched to crafted enmatter and ore finders and it is much harder to turn a profit.

Sethor

Hi Windswept this my 1st post because my forum account died :(.Anyways a soc mate & myself would love to become a bit better in minning when is your next class :wise: we would be very interested:yay::yay: .

Last edited:
So many private messages and friend notifications.

First off i would like to thank those that attended my last class. it has been really nice hearing about how the class improved your results. Im glad i could help. I have been giving some thought to how to reach more people but honestly i do not want to do a You tube video or record the session if i can help it. Only because i think if people get together they can exchange info with each other and get on a few friends lists. Honestly i think i saw a couple avatars that are secondary avatars....

So what am i going to do for my next class? Honestly, i dont think there is much beyond what i covered that needs to be done. I get many questions regarding "advanced" classes. Aside from giving coords to spots that spawn hourly i dont think there is much for advanced. You have to build on what i have shown. If you learn the basics and apply them regularly you'll start to see patterns emerge that you can count on. No one can predict when an uber will happen or the exact coords of a claim. What you can predict is that if you "CLAIM" your spot you'll hit there often. It will be a roller coaster ride sometimes. Mine smart, stop mining when your supposed to, not when you have to... I digress.

Anyways i can teach the same thing over and over and sometimes i throw things in i didnt the last class. Im not doing this from a script. i am doing it from questions that are asked and what i feel like talking about.

Maybe someone out there could do some sort of formal interview from the press or something and ill see what i can give out that would remove some of the frustration associated with mining and get people interested in it.

Last edited:
Removed, I had a changing of the minds

Last edited:
I would love to attend one of these classes to get myself *really* started into serious mining.

I was wondering if Windswept would mind taking on 'apprentices' to give the basic lessons to target people from different timezones while he can focus on the advanced classes or to do discussions and exchange of ideas?

Get a video up =D i can not make your classes but, i would like some lessons. I also know that loads want your lessons on videos. so :)

I guess i need to make this clear. I am not going to make a video of mining classes because that's not what i am trying to do here. I want to interface with the public and not focus on presentation more than content. Perhaps generating a larger audience for the mining classes would help more people but that is up to the public.

There are so many people out there frustrated with mining and their results. I am not promising to make them more money or make them uber. What i am promising is to help them better understand when to mine, how to mine and what steps make for most efficient mining. I'm sure there are many old timers who pass on info to others, im just trying to make it more public to all people without makig it generic. I cant answer questions for folks in a youtube video, i cant change tactics or converstaion points in Youtube video.

What i would like to do in the long run is maybe work with some land owners to put together some classes on their land which in turn could spark some interest in their land area and generate some income for them. Not to mention point out some of the finer places to mine planet side.

If there are any land owners out there interested in this opportunity please let me know i would love to talk more about it.

Removed, I had a changing of the minds

Last edited:
Posting mining procedures and systems is bad for mining as it allows the developers to tweak the system and make such discovered systems useless. The only way to mine better is to watch, observe and plan. Know your area, budget, hitrate etc. If anything differs from the norm, stop mining in that area, move to the next.

A matrix system does not work, number spiral does not work, thinking of your avatar as the centre of the universe also does not work, personal loot pool does not work, mineral veins does not work. So what does work? REPETITION, recording and timing. The old beta veins proved this, it was an algorithm, a set of numbers that was imprinted onto coordinates, they were set in stone as well as their respawn clocks and average value, as time went on the system became more complex, greater the risk, greater the reward.

Depth also changed things. Instead of working with a squared array of variables you are now dealing with a cubed one. Allow me to explain in more detail.

We have a total distance of 1km, divide that by 100, which gives us 10 possible mining locations in a one dimensional array.

10^1 = 10
10^2 = 100
10^3 = 1000

Quite simple actually, you HAVE to mine to increase your skills in order to hit the lower layers and it is up to each miner to decide for him / herself if it is worth while.

It could be fractal based, based on the developer's income / expenses, based on the movement of ingame avatars. There are a multitude of systems that can be used. But as soon as the system is discovered, it will be changed.

Decide for yourself if it is worth it or not.

Back