Mining Classes

Windswept

Guardian
Society
SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
Windswept Winds Tundra
I know there are some of you out there that may remember when i used to do these sort of classes. I am noticing hat there is a genuine interest in becoming a more efficient miner. I would love to start it up again.

What i plan to offer is a Basic/Intermediate/Advanced set of lessons aimed at providing miners with an understanding of areas, minerals, finders, tips and tricks and some age old experience.

I am hoping that maybe i can instill some patience and efficiency into our new miners and help some old miners to get back to the roots of mining in EU.

Please let me know if you are interested and when i get settled into my new home and PCs setup i wil be glad to set a time and place. generally will do my lessons in a newbie area like Jason Center. My lessons can be applied anywhere in the game but for the sake of all its best to work where least amount of interference possible.

My classes are always free but tips are appreciated of course. I have done profit sharing in the past meaning that if you go out and find some uber deposit using my lessons then sharing a small % with me would be nice. I'm not going to impose this because i simply want miners to enjoy the profession and the enjoyment of successful, efficient mining.

I look forward to seeing some new faces and old ones as well.

always interested in new and more info, tips and tricks etc about mining :)

U sed to rely on my skills and knowledge but now I take a more theological approach. It`s called click and pray! :laugh:

Nice of you to offer this though! Every little bit helps!

Click and pray can sometimes feel like it how you mine in EU. I assure you its not like that. Now you can click and pray that there is an uber on your line.. but one thing you can be sure of is there will always be minerals in your line. You have to simply learn to accept minimal gains. its very easy to think ill slap on some amps and go drop some bombs but you have to be careful. You have to learn based on repetition and god note taking when areas are most fruitful then you throw an amp on. im gonna be teaching how to mmine without amps so you can see what a basic run can yield. I have alot of skills so if i drop the bombs i generally will find more than others.

What i can do is have mid level and lower level miners do the bombing during the lesson and we can see the results. We are going for efficiency and nothing else.. how to determine when a line stops and starts and the availability of common minerals. There is alot to teach.

I am interested :)

I do have some interest in learning the mining life in such an interesting and hands on fashion as opposed to reading tutorial after tutorial. I know the very basics of mining, but in the handful of mining runs I have done I felt like there was no method to my madness. My questions for you are how much PED should I expect to spend on bombs and such during these lessons with you, and how long do you plan on offering something like this? It may be a little while before I aquire a useful amount of PED so that I wouldn't be wasting your time by only having 10 or 20 bombs. Thanks.

I'm in. Knowing how to win never gets old.:yay:

I don't mine using all those theories like spirals and skill gains and don't have much structure other than spacing claims out. It has more or less worked well ever since I started mining back in 04 but I would certainly welcome any new ideas or tips or just how other people like to do their thing, could be interesting.

always interested in new and more info, tips and tricks etc about mining :)

But you cracked the mining system, what benefit could you possibly get from mining lessons?
You'd be the worst student ever, considering you already think you know it all.

That's funny ..... when i gave mining advice the person stated that they would give me a % of their hit .....
after i told them some..... information that i use they ubered...... i didn't see any of the % of the hit..
but Good on ya :)
information is the key to success.

But you cracked the mining system, what benefit could you possibly get from mining lessons?
You'd be the worst student ever, considering you already think you know it all.

sigh... i cracked parts of it, never claimed i cracked EVERY part.

That's funny ..... when i gave mining advice the person stated that they would give me a % of their hit .....
after i told them some..... information that i use they ubered...... i didn't see any of the % of the hit..
but Good on ya :)
information is the key to success.

Well I wouldn't give any money for 'CND and OA109' either ;).

I am in just let me know when to start :wtg:

A great initiative, good luck, i might pop in to say hello :)

Rgds

Ace

Great! +rep! Would be fun! :) GL!

Great idea. Could be fun.

NBK miners/elite miners do a monthly meet up and talk mining similar to this.

Id probably be up to hear more opinions and see how close mine are to and oldschool miner.

Ooh, I am interested. :yay: I remember taking classes with Mandu a while ago and they certainly improved the way I mined. Shortly after I got my biggest HOF in mining, dunno if thanks to his classes but at least served as some good advertisting, eh? :D Anyway, back to topic, yes, I'm always interested in knowing other players' opinions, and of course, giving my own advice with the little I know. :cool:

Well thats alot of positive feedback. I appreciate everyone's interest. Now for the most difficult part. Organizing time to meet.

I am in the mountain Time Zone of the USA. I generally can do these sorts of things early on a Saturday or Sunday. I also can do later in the evening my time once the kids are in bed. So let me know when you guys are regularly on and ill do my best to find a time that suits all.

i consider to stop hunting and do some mining, and i definittely would benefit from some tips...

can do almost anytime

I would like a little help on my mining number ;)

would love to participate too

wow, my first EF post (even though I played EU now for over a year). I would love to participate in classes too if possible:yay:. Anyway i keep my eyes on this post so hopefully I will be able to log in at the time the classes are run:) very good idea indeed these classes:)

Reactions: Ido
I'm interested, I just randomly drop bombs/probes while hunting and could propably improve my technique.

Winds an idea i think would be good to do is to first write up some stuff about it, ie finders etc etc so those who are joining can read first, and if they have any questions they can write them down before so they are better prepared sort of :)

I am in the UK. and can do either Saturday or Sunday but need to know what the time diff. is bettween the our locations so i can sync. with you.

I also agree with Legion about some info. before hand so that we are prepared and not waste your valuable time .

I would love to participate in these lessons

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Back