PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Mining Classes

Hi Windswept this my 1st post because my forum account died .Anyways a soc mate & myself would love to become a bit better in minning when is your next class we would be very interested .
    Last edited by Venus Evie; 12-14-2010 at 03:01.

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    So many private messages and friend notifications.

First off i would like to thank those that attended my last class. it has been really nice hearing about how the class improved your results. Im glad i could help. I have been giving some thought to how to reach more people but honestly i do not want to do a You tube video or record the session if i can help it. Only because i think if people get together they can exchange info with each other and get on a few friends lists. Honestly i think i saw a couple avatars that are secondary avatars....

So what am i going to do for my next class? Honestly, i dont think there is much beyond what i covered that needs to be done. I get many questions regarding "advanced" classes. Aside from giving coords to spots that spawn hourly i dont think there is much for advanced. You have to build on what i have shown. If you learn the basics and apply them regularly you'll start to see patterns emerge that you can count on. No one can predict when an uber will happen or the exact coords of a claim. What you can predict is that if you "CLAIM" your spot you'll hit there often. It will be a roller coaster ride sometimes. Mine smart, stop mining when your supposed to, not when you have to... I digress.

Anyways i can teach the same thing over and over and sometimes i throw things in i didnt the last class. Im not doing this from a script. i am doing it from questions that are asked and what i feel like talking about.

Maybe someone out there could do some sort of formal interview from the press or something and ill see what i can give out that would remove some of the frustration associated with mining and get people interested in it.
    Last edited by Windswept; 12-14-2010 at 20:01. Reason: Cuz im a noob...

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Edward Fawkes Blake
    Images
    Removed, I had a changing of the minds
    Last edited by Fawkes; 12-24-2010 at 23:01.

I'd love to attend a class, I am almost a lvl 2 miner lol

Hatchling
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Benjamin StVier Yee
    Society
    NBK Army
    Images
    I would love to attend one of these classes to get myself *really* started into serious mining.

I was wondering if Windswept would mind taking on 'apprentices' to give the basic lessons to target people from different timezones while he can focus on the advanced classes or to do discussions and exchange of ideas?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Hope WolfGang Mono
    Images
    Get a video up =D i can not make your classes but, i would like some lessons. I also know that loads want your lessons on videos. so
    On big break

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    I guess i need to make this clear. I am not going to make a video of mining classes because that's not what i am trying to do here. I want to interface with the public and not focus on presentation more than content. Perhaps generating a larger audience for the mining classes would help more people but that is up to the public.

There are so many people out there frustrated with mining and their results. I am not promising to make them more money or make them uber. What i am promising is to help them better understand when to mine, how to mine and what steps make for most efficient mining. I'm sure there are many old timers who pass on info to others, im just trying to make it more public to all people without makig it generic. I cant answer questions for folks in a youtube video, i cant change tactics or converstaion points in Youtube video.

What i would like to do in the long run is maybe work with some land owners to put together some classes on their land which in turn could spark some interest in their land area and generate some income for them. Not to mention point out some of the finer places to mine planet side.

If there are any land owners out there interested in this opportunity please let me know i would love to talk more about it.

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Edward Fawkes Blake
    Images
    Removed, I had a changing of the minds
    Last edited by Fawkes; 12-24-2010 at 23:01.

I want to believe
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Alexis Sky Greenstar
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Posting mining procedures and systems is bad for mining as it allows the developers to tweak the system and make such discovered systems useless. The only way to mine better is to watch, observe and plan. Know your area, budget, hitrate etc. If anything differs from the norm, stop mining in that area, move to the next.

A matrix system does not work, number spiral does not work, thinking of your avatar as the centre of the universe also does not work, personal loot pool does not work, mineral veins does not work. So what does work? REPETITION, recording and timing. The old beta veins proved this, it was an algorithm, a set of numbers that was imprinted onto coordinates, they were set in stone as well as their respawn clocks and average value, as time went on the system became more complex, greater the risk, greater the reward.

Depth also changed things. Instead of working with a squared array of variables you are now dealing with a cubed one. Allow me to explain in more detail.

We have a total distance of 1km, divide that by 100, which gives us 10 possible mining locations in a one dimensional array.

10^1 = 10
    10^2 = 100
    10^3 = 1000

Quite simple actually, you HAVE to mine to increase your skills in order to hit the lower layers and it is up to each miner to decide for him / herself if it is worth while.

It could be fractal based, based on the developer's income / expenses, based on the movement of ingame avatars. There are a multitude of systems that can be used. But as soon as the system is discovered, it will be changed.

Decide for yourself if it is worth it or not.
    We pay for each other's good fortune, Mindark just supplies the platform and siphons off of us to keep the lights on.

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Eon Neo Neon
    Images
    I would love to learn something new! When is your next class?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18