Mining Classes

hi, I'm pretty ineterested in this too. Very nice of you to share your knowledge wind, it's a rare thing. thanks

I wont make it today :(

When is the next class, Windy? I've been putting what I've learned into practice since the first class, and I need some follow-up! :wtg::tower:

Hey guys my time has been limited to short spurts of mining when i can.. Its summer vacay for the kids and we just moved into a new home. I am trying hard to actually schedule something again but honestly if i am goig to do one it will be pretty spur of the moment. I am most likely to be able to do it on a weekend but a friday night here is not out of the question.. If you have any questions please post them here and i will ty to answer when i get the time.

Hope things are going well for all the miners out there and especially the one tha took my class.

I also want to learn more about mining... Im level 6 now... but i only have a small clue about what im doing....

No problem, Winds. Let us know when you can. Gratz on the new place. :)

The best advice is if you drop 10 bombs and don't find anything, move to a new area. At least on Calypso.

I have done profit sharing in the past meaning that if you go out and find some uber deposit using my lessons then sharing a small % with me would be nice

yeah ok then i will give lessons to all on hunting crafting mining and when you hit a big one it also would be nice if ou all gave me a percentage too!!

Last edited:
I never mined and I do not trust people who claim to have a magic solution to any question in EU. However, I would like to hear it, and if it works out, and more than that, if you convince me that it works out BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU SAY, I am willing to reward the effort and knowledge shared.
I have noticed myself some behavior of loot system in general, and that is true for all professions. Mining included. If you will discuss what I think you should, it means you have something good. If not... would be a shame to see another Legion like theory.

LOL i am not teaching the answers to the universe. I am giving out basic instruction on mining and how one gets started each run. I will of course share what i know about a lot of things and as people ask good questions ill be glad to provide answer rooted in reality. I have learned a lot and i apply it every day. Mining is for the patient and disciplined.

LOL i am not teaching the answers to the universe. I am giving out basic instruction on mining and how one gets started each run. I will of course share what i know about a lot of things and as people ask good questions ill be glad to provide answer rooted in reality. I have learned a lot and i apply it every day. Mining is for the patient and disciplined.

Patient yes, disciplined yes. Knowing when and where to mine (more emphasis on the when). The good old days when you would clear out a vein in 20 minutes, run back to it's start, only to discover that it had respawned in exactly same spot and respawning for a good couple of hours after that, was that real mining or simple pattern recognition ?

Its still the same way Ratt. Its just respawned at different depth. Just need to be able to "detect" it.

I meant no disrespect. This topic is interesting and I would like to hear pr see what you have to say. I suppose I am an ignorant, because I have never heard of you, but then again, I never payed much attention to mining profession until now. I am interested to mine a bit for HP, and if you have any advice that makes sense, it would be appreciated.

sounds interesting, i would love to join the next meeting. I droped a lot of bombs out there and got some good advice along the way from miners like teilk, Olivier Duval or Squall. Sometimes its shut up and listen, i am curious if you guys make me do that :) I can share some of my good advice in exchange

I am interested to mine a bit for HP, and if you have any advice that makes sense, it would be appreciated.

theres a lot of advice that makes sense. An unexperienced miner is blind, you only get to see what you survey or prospect. With the times you have seen it all and draw your conclusions out of it.

Its still the same way Ratt. Its just respawned at different depth. Just need to be able to "detect" it.

Thats not so hard to do actually, thanks for the info Winds :)

I also don't think that veins disappeared, some sites in the vein just went deeper underground.

Last edited:
Thats not so hard to do actually, thanks for the info Winds :)

I also don't think that veins disappeared, some sites in the vein just went deeper underground.

dont want to turn this into a theory discussion :p but they are not the same and not deeper, they simply just twist and turn. ie just like the mobs spawn.

Either way Legion they are within my detection radius when i get there... or they arent. Its even more fun on CND when you get to the point where you can predict which day is going to be Deep or Shallow...

Either way Legion they are within my detection radius when i get there... or they arent. Its even more fun on CND when you get to the point where you can predict which day is going to be Deep or Shallow...

that i agree with, that they might change in depth and such.

We all have out own unique ways of mining, but there is one fundamental parameter that we all agree on. And that parameter is TIME. Certain times are brilliant to mine at and others are just pathetic.

I did a little mining run last night, bomb number 4 I think was a great deposit. I carried on mining a bit more, amples, averages and other deposits (all above poor), thing is that now I have my own way of accessing these high deposits when the time is right.

I carried on for about another hour, there was one little hit that was lower than the others and after that NOTHING, I could not find a single deposit, it did not matter where I went, there was nothing. Patience and timing is very important for us miners.

this is nice to help the new people i like this gl on your classes for the new miners

Have fun on this journey of yours, learned a few things over time regarding mining, but i'll keep that to myself. ;)

Last edited:
Winds, I am at some iron missions (hunting) atm.

Will talk to ya ingame, would be interested in CND mining. I can join you up there when you have time/mood to take me on a trip through the domes :)

Is there any way to get some kind of transcript or outline to your class? I cant make your 1800 Sat time, I never seem to be able to find you in game and I can't add you to my FL from the Soc Terminal. Im at a loss as to what Im doing wrong, all I know is I constantly loose at mining even though many others I know are very successful with it. Im a lvl 11 Prospector and Surveyer with Tiered 105's and have a set of Emine finders that cant find anything.

Regards

Casper

I never seem to be able to find you in game and I can't add you to my FL from the Soc Terminal.

You can only add socm8s to your friend list @soc terminal.

Best tip I can give you is : make sure you mine where stuff is found with the gear you're using.

Other then that there's hardly anything you can do 'wrong' with mining.

Best tip I can give you is : make sure you mine where stuff is found with the gear you're using.

Other then that there's hardly anything you can do 'wrong' with mining.

Yea...I keep hearing that. I keep telling my self that. My problem is I dont seem to find anything regardless of the location or gear. My average return over the last 5 months is less than 60% after MU. For the longest time I thought it was normal to drop 20 probes/bombs before getting a "Hit".
I thought it was a skill issue. Then I thought it was a gear issue. They say some Avatars have no luck. I wonder if thats the case.:scratch2:

Yea...I keep hearing that. I keep telling my self that. My problem is I dont seem to find anything regardless of the location or gear. My average return over the last 5 months is less than 60% after MU.
I get that aswell. And it sux monkeyballs. But in the longer run :D it should even out.

For the longest time I thought it was normal to drop 20 probes/bombs before getting a "Hit".
It is.

I thought it was a skill issue. Then I thought it was a gear issue. They say some Avatars have no luck. I wonder if thats the case.:scratch2:
A little luck helps, but luck doesnt explain... ah wait, thats another game. :laugh:

Ok so its pretty interesting to see where the conversations go when mining is the topic.

I have gotten a lot of PMs regarding my class and its contents. First thing - i cant put it down in writing.. im not able to focus my words like that. I much rather demonstrate how to be a more efficient miner. There are only 2 possible ways for me to approach teaching people.

1. I can continue to keep the free class on weekends when i have time. (Which i think i can do this weekend)

2. I can try and offer private demonstrations but since this would become extremely popular and time consuming i would have to charge for them. My time is limited enough to drop the bombs i want to during the day. Sorry but iwould need some sort of incentive to piss off my wife and kids and disappear on the PC some more.

So moving forward i would like everyone to make a strong effort to participate in my class this weekend at 18:00MA time on Saturday. I will be in Jason Center near the TP. if i am not there when you show up i may have just popped to another tp in another city to grab some more people with some fast advertising.

What do i expect of those joining my class?

1. Dont drop any bombs while i am teaching the class it distrcts from what iam trying to show.

2. If you have a theory or some piece of information about how "you" mine keep it to yourself please while i am teaching the class. Last thing i need is some wanna be know it all questioning my methods or experience. You may know more than me you may not but I am simply trying to teach a class to people who are in need of understanding how to mine efficiently and read the "signs" of mining. I have 7 years experience doing this and i can speak to what is the exact same as it was back in 2003 and what is new to the system. I cant tell you how to find an ATH or even a HOF but i can teach you how to recognize when its near, and in some ways how to groom your area for it....but thats more advanced stuff...

My record speaks for itself and others who have taken my class can attest to what i speak being thorough and able to be demonstrated physically. I will always do a Q&A at the end of the session where anyone is free to include their understanding of mining.

I ask that you get as many people as possible to show up for this class. I dont mind speaking to large audiences and i have done it enough to stay on topic and focused.. I just ned cooperation from all in attendance. Come one come all...even if you are an uber miner who hofs every day you may get a piece of info that resets your methods and saves you some ped. Maybe even makes you some.

This is a Basic Mining class that may be a bit more advanced then guides available... but trust me their are more advanced things i can teach... Like how to sustain yourself on one spawn and one find a day...lol.:eek:

Ok i am setting tomm's class for 17:00 MA time. Please try to be on time to Jason Center TP so you can be added to team. If we get too large for a team then i will just simply speak out loud.

I may jump around to other TP prior to 17:00 MA Time to gather other participants.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Back