when is someone no longer considered a noob?

Arch

Old Alpha
Drake Bad Lands
is there some kind of initiation or is it just kind of something that you proclaim for yourself?

Posted via Mobile Device

I'd say it depends on the people around you. In my society we have a initiation ceremony, where we all meet in RL after the probation period and the n00b has to eat 500g of raw chicken meat. After that he is considered to be a medium player. Hmmmm, that could be the reason why there are only 7 very strange people in my society....

Depends entirely on what you class as no longer newbie.

When your knowledge of EU is greater than 50% :)

Skills, bleurghh, always considered myself mid level, till people 20 levels above me, consider themselves mid level aswell. :confused:

I guess its when you develop some level of largely undeserved arrogance :)

Touche. But I was being sincere. Who cares? I know lots of people who have been playing a long time and have gear and skills that honestly I still think are noobs. I know other people that I wouldn't call a noob that have only been playing a short time. It's a zen thing, when you don't care any more, you have arrived.

If you want a more easily definable answer, I've always thought once you hit medium health you can't really be called a noob.

When you stop asking questions like this.

I'd agree, but I'd also add "When you start answering more questions than you ask."

Arch, neither Centech or I are trying to diss you (I don't actually speak for him of course, but I believe him to be an upright and decent fellow.) at all, but these are some of the hallmarks of a person that has made the transition.

Some of the components involved in shedding noobness are enough basic knowledge to function in game, developing a certain level of comfort in the environment, and functioning harmoniously within the boundaries of behavior that is generally accepted as normal on Calypso.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

AG

wel it depends who are you asking or who is considering

and mostly depending on which game we are in.

Here I say you are not a noob, you are just a new colonist, or a new arrival... this game is too complex and difficult, so basicly we are all new. Ask any questions , there is always someone who will try to answere them...

But if we are playing C&C and during the battle you left the game because it is too hard and left the frontline wide open -> then that is very noobish and not gg !

In my opinion noob has nothing to do with ingame skills. Its a way to follow your progress, but having lots of skills doesnt make you "pro" and not having skills doesnt make you noob.

From what I think, you stop being a noob when you have good general knowledge of the game, basically when you know what you're doing.

If I had to say at which point myself stopped being a noob, its a tough question :)
I started nearly 3½ years ago, spent the first year non depo and sweatin mostly. I dont remember exactly my progress back then but I would say after 1-1½ years after starting i lost my "noobism". Thats about the time I had tried most ingame professions, had good idea of the continents and didnt have to ask people for simple things.

When your knowledge of EU is greater than 50% :)

I would agree with something along those lines, but much higher than 50%.

I've been playing about four years. 2 years ago I considered myself a mid-level player and took on a few Disciples.
Now I consider myself a noob again as I haven't kept up with all the changes and would never take on a Disciple simply because I feel I don't have enough knowledge of the game anymore to be a decent teacher. Hence, I am once again a noob regardless of having more skills and experience than before.

When you use 'newbie' and not 'noob', hate that troll-friendly word =(

:laugh:

In this game when you can grasp what the rce is about, understand the tools that you have to secede, players behaviors, and game mechanics then your not a noob no more. skills have nothing to do with this.

kosmos

Last edited:
The big thing that defines noobs from others in this game is the lack of knowledge, not a lack of avatar skills. When you have a decent level of understanding about how the game works, then you are no longer a noob. If you are still at a point where you have to ask about that, it means that you are still a noob (no offense) and that you still have learning to do.

I had a buddy that joined back in 2003 that ended up depositing a bunch to buy a full set of Eon and a Maddox IV + Dante (back then, amps always gave full damage on all weapons). Even with all that gear, I still never ceased considering him a noob because he never too the time to learn how things worked. Now days, skills can be bought and so can all the best equipment out there, skills and equipment mean nothing without knowledge.

As for ceremonies to cease being a noob - some of us have candidates run nude through a session of the UN in which CNN is reporting live. The candidate must manage to avoid capture and must also urinate on at least one world leader. Completion means not graduating to "mid-level", but to "uber"... so far, nobody has successfully completed the ceremony.

As for ceremonies to cease being a noob - some of us have candidates run nude through a session of the UN in which CNN is reporting live. The candidate must manage to avoid capture and must also urinate on at least one world leader. Completion means not graduating to "mid-level", but to "uber"... so far, nobody has successfully completed the ceremony.

LMAO very good

Posted via Mobile Device

a newbie you get rid off when you are smart enough to play the game without asking too much

a noob, you never get rid off becuase we all are

is there some kind of initiation or is it just kind of something that you proclaim for yourself?

Posted via Mobile Device

Never :D
We all stay noob forever!

I honestly thought that when MA said I was in the top Mayhem group last year, that I could consider myself a baby-uber, a Boober...:yay: That when I made 90 agility...yada yada. Then VU10. Now I can't even keep track of what tt value is in loot window, I have skills and professions I know nothing about, Video Vixens and Vampire Chicks are hot :eyecrazy:, my team's first ATH is almost pushed off the list on what used to be the ath mob, yada yada. So after 4 1/2 years playing, I'm feeling pretty noob without a stretch Hummer with mounted weapons, and not having tiered anything UL. lol But a measure for me re: noobness is...lol...at least realizing that what you DON'T know, can be as important as what you Do know. A personal example would be after 3 months of playing, our newly formed society, armed with mighty opalos, could finally kill feffs and armax cow providers.....both of which were listed on wiki (entropedia) as having dropped improved faps. That's the part we knew, we kept our own counsel, 6 noobs banding together in noobness...lol...and we hunted those incessantly for what we didn't know....that those mobs would NEVER drop those items again. Something any player with a couple years in game would have told us, but there really wasn't anything that even made us think otherwise or to even ask. Long story short, we were noob....and now things have changed enough that I again feel pretty noob.

The initiation process is very complicated. You are forced to run the gauntlet with the likes of Joda and Dan spanking you with rainbow swords. Your eyes are taped open and you are forced to watch players HOF on "your" mob/area/bp without complaining. After that you must sell everything you own and re-buy it back.

Or you can kill an atrox stalker without fapping.

Either way, your noobishness is washed away afterwords.

You are no longer considered a noob when you quit farming EFD with stupid threads like this, or the other ones you've been making lately for the same purpose. :rolleyes:

hmmm dammit stil a noob then..

but i am dutch just cant leave anything of any value:D

And my collection of fruits and dung must grow. I must collect them all...

You are no longer considered a noob when you quit farming EFD with stupid threads like this, or the other ones you've been making lately for the same purpose. :rolleyes:

I couldn't give half a shit about efd

Posted via Mobile Device

Noobs whine about their losses in forums.

I couldn't give half a shit about efd

Posted via Mobile Device

Then you might have searched the other 41375169 threads with the very same question and it's zillion answers which will be the same here, anyway.

when is someone no longer considered a noob?

Posted via Mobile Device

I guess you are no longer considered a noob when you find the search button on entropia forum and find all the other threads asking the same and similar question.:rolleyes:

Then you might have searched the other 41375169 threads with the very same question and it's zillion answers which will be the same here, anyway.

I guess you are no longer considered a noob when you find the search button on entropia forum and find all the other threads asking the same and similar question.:rolleyes:

Wheres the fun in that??!! :D :lolup:

Personally I think the only ubers here are MA... there the ones making all the cash!! :wtg:

Back