Team Hunt Settings

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Since I couldn't find a recent thread detailing team hunt settings, I figured I'd make one. (If 711 agrees, this will get moved to tutorials section.)

The concept of team hunts are simple: So multiple people can attack a mob and loot can be distributed among those in team.

Team Name
You have 32 character spaces to make your team name. The team name will be displayed in global chat and hof boards if you gloabl/hof, so it's best not to make the name rude or derogatory.

Loot Settings
These are the various ways loot can be set to distribute among the team members. One setting is chosen when the team is made, and can not be changed. If you need to change the loot settings, name, etc. you must disband the team and make a new one.

The possible loot settings are:

• Damage Decides Order
    The team member who inflicts the most damage receives the highest valued item from the loot (if present). The member who inflicts the second highest damage receives the second highest valued item (if present), etc.​
  • Damage: Stack Share
    Loot items are distributed amongst team members based on the relative damage inflicted by each team member. Stackable items will be split.​
  • Damage: Item Share
    Loot items are distributed amongst team members based on the relative damage inflicted by each team member. Please note that stackable items will not be split and are counted as one item.​
  • Looter Takes All
    The team member that loots a dead creature always receives all items found. When looting another participant, the loot is given to the team member that inflicted the most damage.​
  • Most Damage Wins All
    The team member who inflicts the most damage receives all the items present in a loot.​
  • Queue
    The first found item is given to the topmost team member, the next found item is given to the second member, etc. going through the roster of members. The queue position is saved every time looting occurs.​
  • Casual
    Any item present in a loot is randomly distributed to a random team member.​

Team invite
Important! While you are alone in your team, you cannot loot any killed creature!

The team leader (whoever made the team) must invite a person directly, and they must accept. Often this must be done face-to-face. However, the team leader can send team invites to people on their friends list no matter where they are. (assuming they're logged in of course) Simply open your FL, select the name, right click, Avatar Commands --> Team Invite.

Teams can be have up to 12 people maximum, counting the team leader.

Team member staus bars, and their dot color on radar, are both yellow, to help distinguish from non-team members.

Minimizing the team panel hides all team member status bars. Maximizing it will show all team members organized under the control panel again.

To remove someone from team, the team leader can right click that person's status bar, and choose "team kick" from the list.

If someone logs out. They will "time out" soon, and automatically leave the team.

Team Chat
Team Chat is a bright blue color. (We don't need to debate the exact color. Folks get the idea.)

It's the 4th selection from the left on the bottom of your chat area. (all chat, sales, soc, then team)

To shortcut your typing into team chat, precede it with /T.

Example:
[enter]/t Which way?[enter]

The above will show as Which way? in team chat.

Team chat will also automatically show when someone dies, when they revive, and also what loot each teammate got. (Other team-related info also gets shown, but you get the idea.)

Shortcut buttons
The team panel has 6 buttons to transmit useful commands quicker than typing the words yourself.
team-panel.jpg

Just click the button and the following words will show to all.

From left to right:
  • Attack!
  • Avoid Contact!
  • Enemy Spotted!
  • Hold Fire!
  • Medic!
  • Retreat!

I believe that's all the major information about teams. Now go have fun. :)

Great work; to be added to the tutorials/sticky, I would some comments:
- the most used setting
- where/how to find the Team settings
- what is "topmost member"
etc.
It will be very useful for new players IMO.

Nice guide. I didn't know you could add team members from friends list. :)

Back