Enhancer Guide

Weapon Skill Modification increases a 10% in H.A , C.H and range damage ability in non maxed weapons, in maxed has no use
havent tried in tools but i guess it does the some use it helps to max them

Not quite. All the Skill Modification enhancers add 0.5 professional levels to the profession used to calculate your stats with the weapon, fap, etc. So if you are level 30, you will use the item as if you are level 30.5, which could cause more or less improvement depending on the item you are using.

Not quite. All the Skill Modification enhancers add 0.5 professional levels to the profession used to calculate your stats with the weapon, fap, etc. So if you are level 30, you will use the item as if you are level 30.5, which could cause more or less improvement depending on the item you are using.

On an UL weapon with all 10 Tier slots unlocked, if you add 10 Skill Modification enhancers on it, you are basically maxed starting with level 95 in Hit and Dmg profession.

I would say that's a very good improvement, considering those 5 levels in hit and damage would probably take close to 5-600k ped cycled to get them.

Reactions: das
I would say that's a very good improvement, considering those 5 levels in hit and damage would probably take close to 5-600k ped cycled to get them.

That depends on whether the extra efficiency covers the cost of the enhancer breakage or not.

are you running any tests on the "Randomness" these things break? I think many like myself are staying as far away from these as possible becuase of this unknown. This is one of MA's worst ideas yet as far as I am concerned.

Sorta like owning a winter beater car..you wonder if its going to work every time you put the key in the ignition.

Weapon enhancers seem to break at an outrageous rate, but fap and armor enhancers seem to be much more durable, at least in my casual observations.

I noticed this week that three mining finder depth enhancers broke within 60 probes :S where as normally they seem to last for ages, like maybe 100+ each at least. But it could be just luck of the draw, not sure yet. I craft em too so it may be a good thing if that has changed, dunno :/

Enhancer guide is a good idea but... if u're clueless about the basics and don't update OP with info from others, what's the point?

:scratch2:

Thank you :)

I have been playing since 2010 and this thread is very useful :)

if someone wants to test this it will be added (note i don't hunt)
1 dmg enhancer adds 10% to your gun (or sword) - you had 100% dmg without enhancers, now you will have 110% dmg.
There's no such thing as a free lunch ofc, the added damage also changes the ammo spent per shot and gun/sword decay (it's now 110% of the initial).
Does not change dmg/pec though.

Easiest to understand this: look at the gun that has all 10 enhancer slots filled with damage enhancers.
This effectively means you now have 200% of your un-enhanced gun.
In other words, you have 2 guns instead of one (virtual "dual wielding", of sorts).
Both guns have exactly the same stats: damage, decay, ammo usage, and dmg/pec.
However, as the added gun is "invisible", decay and ammo for both guns will be taken from the original "real" gun.

This is the point where most people will get hopelessly lost lol

Anyway, if u understand this part, you also understand how it's possible for enhanced gun to have the exact same eco as unenhanced, despite it shows bigger decay in the stats.

Note: So far we were only looking at the decay of the gun itself. Enhancers also have decay, eventually break down and need to be replaced. This effectively reduces dpp of enhanced weapons.
According to devs, the decay of the enhancers is "proportional to their effect" or useful work, i.e. one enhancer on Opalo lasts longer than one enhancer on Mod Merc. There has been several tests by players to determine average decay per total damage, results can be found on this forum.... somewhere :)

There's no need to test changes to gun itself thou, stats reflect all the changes in real time as you add/remove enhancers (see: example below).

Last edited:
effective dam

can you please explain the effective damage formula ?

No such thing exists.. a formulae is science.

EU does not do science..

You get this?

no bro... just a new player.... read the post and thought it was useful info .... .
It is, and I probably wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't bumped it

Back