Enhancer Guide

kosmos

Marauder
Society
Omnia
KosmosZ Zeas Aer
Hello I wanted to write a brief guide on basic enhancer use. I envision this guide growing over time if I have time to gather all related info. Help from others to gather more advanced info will be appreciated. For now in this opening post I will just provide brief overview of what I know (or is known) about enhancers. There might be some blank spots, but that’s the fun part of making a guide people can add info so all our knowledge increases.

Weapons:

Weapon Accuracy Enhancer- As the name suggests it should increase your critical hit rate with a weapon. The accepted average hit rate has been 90% on maxed weapons (10 hit ability and 10 crit hit). I haven’t personally test these and haven’t seen data showing they can improve hit rate past the expected 90%. Help on clarifying this would be appreciated.

Weapon Damage Enhancer- Probably the most widely used enhancer at this moment. More damage on a weapon allows more damage per second (shot). This can lead to less armor and fap decay due to killing creatures faster. Generally could be considered a time saver too if you dropping more creatures faster and a way to get more kills in a day. Lastly it’s a way to “cheat” your way into a higher level gun without buying the gun if you compare the average damage per second of one gun, lets say hl8, to another such as hl11. With a damage enhancer on hl8 it will equal around hl11’s damage per second.

Weapon Economy Enhancer – I am unclear if this enhancer effects decay on the weapon and ammo use or one or the other. Surely on melee tools it affects the decay, however I have read some info stating it does so on other weapons. As far as I know this hasn’t been completely verified. If these enhancers do reduce decay one use could be to tier up Limited tools with high tier numbers more effectively. Basically end up with more TT value on a tiered up limited tool vs less TT.

Weapon Range Enhancer – Increases range as the name suggest. Useful for tagging weapons and pvp. Not much else to say.

Weapon Skill Modification – This one is an enigma to me. I don’t know if it works similar to how scopes and laser sites are perceived to work. I am looking for clarification. My best observation is that it would allow you to use a non 10/10 weapon with more accuracy.

Edit Note this hasn't been verified yet. But new info added March 28 2011
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...nhancers-1-investigated-net-effect-negative!-!

Armor:

Armor Defense Enhancer – Increases armor defense points. Good way to upgrade armor without actually buying a new set.

Armor Durability Enhancer – Decrease in armor decay. I am not clear on this yet.

Mining:

Mining Finder Depth Enhancer – Controversial amongst miners for as long as I been mining is does depth matter. I have spent some time using these enhancers. I would say depends on where you’re mining and what you’re looking to find. Best thing I can say at different depths you find different things.

Mining Finder Range Enhancer – These have been debated for their usefulness. The expected result is better rate of finds (the accepted average is somewhere around 25%). I haven’t seen proof of them helping anything but the only practical use I can see is using these with high end amps that have high markup. If you could grab slightly more claims over a given time it would make an amp more useful possibly. I am looking for more info on these.

Mining Finder Skill Modification Enhancer – I feel these work similar to weapon skill mod enhancers. Not clear will update in the future.

Mining Excavator Speed Enhancer I – Increases drill speed with each use. As the saying goes time is money. Other than saving time these are useful in panic situations (lootable pvp).

Medical (Healing):

Medical Tool Enhancer – Decreases tool decay.

Medical Heal Enhancer – Increase of heal amount.

Medical Tool Skill Modification Enhancer – Looking for clarification.

Hope this is a helpful guide. I look forward to input so I can revise this. I am also looking for pictures showing the increase of range, depth, etc of enhancers on tools.

Thanks for reading.

Kosmos

Last edited:
Reserved for future

Reserved for future use

Reserved for future use again

Reserved for future yet again

Reserved for future use ;)

Hopefully all the future use I will need will be in this spot :D

Thanks for the guide been waiting for someone to make this. Very good.

Nice one kosmos, good initiative, I hope you can get this filled up with some good info :)

Weapon accuracy enhancers don't affect hit rate - they affect crit rate, i.e. you'll still get 90% hit rate on a maxed weapon (90% is the accepted figure now, 92% is out-of-date), but more of your hits will be criticals.

Thank's,this could be useful.

Nice one kosmos, good initiative, I hope you can get this filled up with some good info :)

Weapon accuracy enhancers don't affect hit rate - they affect crit rate, i.e. you'll still get 90% hit rate on a maxed weapon (90% is the accepted figure now, 92% is out-of-date), but more of your hits will be criticals.

+rep

i change the info in that part of the guide. appreciate the help alot.

anyone care to post picks of weapon enhancers on different guns or depth/range enhancers on finders? i will be doing this soon

kosmos

are you running any tests on the "Randomness" these things break? I think many like myself are staying as far away from these as possible becuase of this unknown. This is one of MA's worst ideas yet as far as I am concerned.

Sorta like owning a winter beater car..you wonder if its going to work every time you put the key in the ignition.

Reactions: das
are you running any tests on the "Randomness" these things break? I think many like myself are staying as far away from these as possible becuase of this unknown. This is one of MA's worst ideas yet as far as I am concerned.

Sorta like owning a winter beater car..you wonder if its going to work every time you put the key in the ignition.

that is something that can be done over time. i would like some help with that but next time i use enhancers i will do some proper recording and share my findings.

Nice start, something that is definitely needed. I haven't used any enhancers yet myself, but it is my understanding that if you use a weapon damage enhancer, it will increase damge, but also increase decay of the weapon? May want to add that to description if this is so, however someone please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Nice start, something that is definitely needed. I haven't used any enhancers yet myself, but it is my understanding that if you use a weapon damage enhancer, it will increase damge, but also increase decay of the weapon? May want to add that to description if this is so, however someone please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

if someone wants to test this it will be added (note i don't hunt)

nice guide, ofc more researchs are necessary to figure out some .... very clearly. No strange considering that still we have not a clear idea how amp for mining work..........
I guess MA is making those mysterious things to don t allow people to well understand, and maybe exploit, the game. IMO

Moved to "Tutorials" as requested...

+rep and EFD coming your way :thumbup:

Weapon Skill Modification increases a 10% in H.A , C.H and range damage ability in non maxed weapons, in maxed has no use
havent tried in tools but i guess it does the some use it helps to max them

Weapon Skill Modification increases a 10% in H.A , C.H and range damage ability in non maxed weapons, in maxed has no use
havent tried in tools but i guess it does the some use it helps to max them

Can you post picture showing this. I did add it as an temp edit to the guide for now.

mining range enhancers increases decay on the finder only, amps do not decay more when using. I broke 3 on 200 drops using ma103 on a mt2000.
Seems to be worthless for now at current mu.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

there you go, hope this helps if u need more just ask

Cool Stuff

Great initiative ... I just tiered my Gremlin Armor and I,m not quite sure if I should start with durability or protection enhancers. Also... I'm reserving this space for a future post.

if someone wants to test this it will be added (note i don't hunt)

I think I saw somewhere thread about it, but I may be wrong, can't find it now ;)

but in Upgrades forum there can be found a lot of usefull threads, like:

about weapon accuracy: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/upgrades/181262-weapon-accuracy-enhancer-testing.html

about weapon economy enh: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...nomy-enhancer-i-some-figures.html#post2325587

tests on how long enhancers lasts: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/upgrades/175107-testing-enhancers.html

other useful description: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/upgrades/195239-damage-enhacers-2.html#post2528144

Last edited:
Nice thread subscribing. Will post any info I use wep range enhancers so will post some shots for you.

Hawk:yay:

Weapon Economy Enhancers

My personal pet project to test these little buggers. Purchased an HL8 wiht very nice tier numbers , i.e 1k plus on all 10 levels. As the weapon tiered very quickly , I wanted to make sure I lost as little TT value as possible , so I begain adding enhancers at each tier level. By the time I had reached tier 5 , I had a total of 20 enhancers stacked on this weapon.

When the HL8 was puchased , TT value was in the 279ish range. After firing over 10k rounds thru it (low estimate) The TT value was down to 65 ped , and I only had 8 out of 20 enhancers I had added. Now the end result is that the amount I spent on eco enhancers cost me more than any savings I had in ammo. However , with that being said I can truthfully say that the weapon did to start to decay much more rapidly as the enhancers broke. So my reccomendation , if You want to be eco , buy a stack of 5 Tier I Eco enhacers and leave it with that. Other stacks do the job , but cost far more than you wil save and are uber fragile , and fail quickly during large ammo burn hunts.

I think my math was correct , but definitely close to about 65 pec savings per shot on an HL 8 equipped with an A103. This was with 5 tier slots filled. Each slot had a stack of 4 enhancers. The MU on these enhancers is super high and cost me far more for a stack of twenty , that any peds I saved on ammo. I may have come out slightly ahead on the weapon decay , but I estimate that to be by only 10 ped or so.

Take this for what its worth. It was just a rough experiment , for basic knowledge , and I what I found , is that I wont be going it again

Last edited:
My personal pet project to test these little buggers. Purchased an HL8 wiht very nice tier numbers , i.e 1k plus on all 10 levels. As the weapon tiered very quickly , I wanted to make sure I lost as little TT value as possible , so I begain adding enhancers at each tier level. By the time I had reached tier 5 , I had a total of 20 enhancers stacked on this weapon.

When the HL8 was puchased , TT value was in the 279ish range. After firing over 10k rounds thru it (low estimate) The TT value was down to 65 ped , and I only had 8 out of 20 enhancers I had added. Now the end result is that the amount I spent on eco enhancers cost me more than any savings I had in ammo. However , with that being said I can truthfully say that the weapon did to start to decay much more rapidly as the enhancers broke. So my reccomendation , if You want to be eco , buy a stack of 5 Tier I Eco enhacers and leave it with that. Other stacks do the job , but cost far more than you wil save and are uber fragile , and fail quickly during large ammo burn hunts.

I think my math was correct , but definitely close to about 65 pec savings per shot on an HL 8 equipped with an A103. This was with 5 tier slots filled. Each slot had a stack of 4 enhancers. The MU on these enhancers is super high and cost me far more for a stack of twenty , that any peds I saved on ammo. I may have come out slightly ahead on the weapon decay , but I estimate that to be by only 10 ped or so.

Take this for what its worth. It was just a rough experiment , for basic knowledge , and I what I found , is that I wont be going it again

nice info i didn't understand it all because i never used those enhancers.

i am bumping my thread in hopes to complete this guide.

thanks for anyones contribution.
kosmos

skill mod enhancers: little to no/negative effect

I posted my findings on the Skill Modification Enhancer I: over 4.5 thousand measurments suggest the net effect is extremely small or even negative!

I posted my findings on the Skill Modification Enhancer I: over 4.5 thousand measurments suggest the net effect is extremely small or even negative!

thanks updated opening post. before someone said they felt 10% more criticals. i didn't read through your whole analysis but i appreciated your input. plus rep

Armor Durability Enhancer – Decrease in armor decay. I am not clear on this yet.

They increase Durability of an armour by 10%. For Limited armours this is great (durability has a much bigger effect beyond 10000, you can get huge reductions on some of the uber L armours with once they're tiered up). Below 10000 durability only has a pretty small impact (see armor thread in my sig) so I doubt it's economical to use them on UL. Haven't tested that though as my only UL armor these days is Warrior :D

Rule of thumb: L - whack as many as you can on, UL - steer clear.

Back